Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Check Out 48 Minutes of Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay & the Continuing Live Stream - Cyberpunk 2077 - MMOR

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited August 2018
    DMKano said:
    sopuku said:

ysquare21 said:

Guess I'm the odd man out :) Looks ok, but nothing special. It doesn't grab me personally in any way, shape or form. Then again, not too fond of FPS. I was hoping for something more to convince me to buy it despite not having 3rd person. This might really not be the game for me. Oh well. I’ sure others will have their fun.

i hear you man.. it looks like meh.. i like fps games but this one look like shit.. rpg elements are fine but fps part does not look like a good game
    It just looks like FPS mechanics from 20 years ago sadly. Visually it looks cool - but the actual gunplay mechanics just looks super weak (no recoil, no bob at all, super slow running/movement speed etc...)

I hope they can fix that at least bring it up to last decade in terms of getting the weight and feel of gunplay correct.
    I feel ya. If you list gunplay under combat in general, it certainly wasn't Witcher's strongest suit. I hated the combat in the series still loved the game.
    I found the combat in the 3rd finally worked well for the type of experience CDPR was going for.  It's also why I'm not incredibly worried about them bringing something innovative to the gunplay issue.  So long as it's solid, I don't expect much more than that.  If it is solid, and it has the signature RPG features CDPR perfected with the Watcher series, it'll be a hit.
    You might find my question irrelevant but it is important :wink: did you play on the hardest difficulty? 
    No, I generally play on whatever the "normal" setting for difficulty is.  I don't generally play singleplayer for extreme challenge, I engage in PvP for challenging opponents because I dislike the way in which difficulty is inflated in most games (basically, by adjusting underlying numbers with regards to damage, defense, accuracy, etc.).  I've found that RPGs, especially, rely very heavily on manipulating background numbers to achieve "difficulty."
    Yeah I had to do it for the trophy. As you said it, there are RPGs which harder difficulties mean better loot, higher XP, etc. But when a game doesn't offer better rewards, playing a higher difficulty would boil down to the combat. 

When combat mechanics are designed well, you'd enjoy the challenge. If not, you'd end up playing a really weird game. The game becomes a parody of how a season monster hunter should behave. The game really turns into a joke. Watch a hard playthrough of W3 specially the first half of the game. It's just ridiculous. 
    I can't watch at work, but do you mean the amount of dodging/rolling/Quen sign usage?

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    edited August 2018
    The world was never what we thought it was...all moral dysphoria aside. :)

On a side note somehow, I'll be playing this game, and its sequel "The SJW's vs. The Snowflakes getting woke." Gut Out!
    AlBQuirky

What, me worry?

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282
    I think a few folks have already nailed it....

I think they have nailed the world, and the environment. For a 48 minute demo, it definitely had the feel of the world down, and it's someplace that I could spend some serious time inhabiting, wanting to explore every little bit of it. As an old Shadowrun fan, this captures a hell of a lot of the vibe, and is top notch. Huge reason I'd want to spend some time in-game.

The dialogue did sound forced, and honestly, it did detract a bit from everything. They tried to put it on the edge, but I think they missed the boat in a few places. Close, but no cigar, and where it's off, just kind of detracts from the entire package.

Gun-play did look weak. Don't get me wrong, the ricochet skill, and other features do look cool. The basic lack of muzzle rise while shooting looks horrible. I realize that 90% of people won't give a damn, and probably think that's how guns work, to them it's a non-factor. Hell, just make it easy, right? Problem is that people who do know better are required to suspend some disbelief, and accept it. Maybe 59 years from now gun smiths will have invented some new tech that eliminates all muzzle rise for a completely flat shooting gun....okay...

For me, and I'm not saying for everyone, if I have to suspend belief because something is so obviously flawed, then it makes it a little harder all the way around to accept the things that have done "right". (I realize "right" is subjective.) Game looks like it'll be a big hit, and I expect I'll probably pick up a copy, but would definitely hope that some of the little details get cleaned up a bit. Those details would go a long way....even admitting they won't be important to everyone.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    edited August 2018
    Combat was never the parts that made me enjoy the witcher games. In witcher 1 it was awful, witcher 2 and 3 had decent combat but it wasn't special.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Hengist said:

I think they have nailed the world, and the environment. For a 48 minute demo, it definitely had the feel of the world down, and it's someplace that I could spend some serious time inhabiting, wanting to explore every little bit of it. As an old Shadowrun fan, this captures a hell of a lot of the vibe, and is top notch. Huge reason I'd want to spend some time in-game.

The dialogue did sound forced, and honestly, it did detract a bit from everything. They tried to put it on the edge, but I think they missed the boat in a few places. Close, but no cigar, and where it's off, just kind of detracts from the entire package.

Gun-play did look weak. Don't get me wrong, the ricochet skill, and other features do look cool. The basic lack of muzzle rise while shooting looks horrible. I realize that 90% of people won't give a damn, and probably think that's how guns work, to them it's a non-factor. Hell, just make it easy, right? Problem is that people who do know better are required to suspend some disbelief, and accept it. Maybe 59 years from now gun smiths will have invented some new tech that eliminates all muzzle rise for a completely flat shooting gun....okay...

For me, and I'm not saying for everyone, if I have to suspend belief because something is so obviously flawed, then it makes it a little harder all the way around to accept the things that have done "right". (I realize "right" is subjective.) Game looks like it'll be a big hit, and I expect I'll probably pick up a copy, but would definitely hope that some of the little details get cleaned up a bit. Those details would go a long way....even admitting they won't be important to everyone.
    Or, just as likely in a futuristic sci-fi setting, cybernetic modifications to arms and shoulders provide shock absorption and stability strength to reduce or eliminate recoil.
    AlBQuirkyTacticalZombehWellspring

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    edited August 2018
    they literally say the gameplay is alpha and subject to change.. why are people treating it like its final? classic "gotta find something to bitch about" forum folk..

This shit looks amazing. That's it. Everything about it this far looks amazing and they still have like 10 months-year of dev time left.. wow. I have been hype about games before but not often and never have I wanted one to come out as bad as I want this one. This video is going to drive me crazy.

I have been hype about this game for half a decade at least. I cannot wait and i'm super hype for Mike Pondsmith finally getting the adaptation he was looking for. CDPR can have all my money.

and based on what i little info i've seen over the years, i'm guessing we are looking at a early Summer 2019 release date but my god is this game looking excellent so far. 

I remember when CDPR showed Witcher 3 gameplay for the first time (Aug 2014), it came out the next year (May 2015). 

Edit: Funny some of the people here complaining are the same people who defend Star Citizen which isn't even a 1/3 of what this is on the development scale. 
    [Deleted User]InteritusTacticalZombehWellspring
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• MidPrincessMidPrincess Member UncommonPosts: 89
    OK so I'm sure I'll be in some sort of reviled minority saying this, but....I really wish they hadn't made this an FPS.  I mean come on, there's more than enough of those on the market, and it seems like we get 816 more each day.  This just looks like more FPS and less RPG to me.  The concept itself is cool but after watching this I doubt I'll buy it.  Oh well I barely touch my console any more anyway lmao
    ysquare21MikehaRueTheWhirlkitarad
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Maybe this was just one play style of many possible styles that could've been used? Will there be stealth options, charging in guns blazing options, hacking options, mod options opening up possibilities?

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Games not even released yet and the narrator is calling it "thee most believable city in any open world game to date'. I think Rockstars GTA 5 has that title already but we will see when the game releases how it stacks up.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    They said the visuals are subject to change. I repeat, I HOPE the script/voice acting is subject to change. The majority of it was so cringe, it sounded like 40 Year Old Virgin like but not funny.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Hengist said:

Or, just as likely in a futuristic sci-fi setting, cybernetic modifications to arms and shoulders provide shock absorption and stability strength to reduce or eliminate recoil.
    Not to mention if technology has advanced so much that they can do all those things to a human body its rather absurd to think firearm technology hasn't advance significantly from today's standards as well.

With the exception that in over a hundred years of firearm technology, that's something that still exists.....gunsmiths who specialize in action shooting sports, are always looking to make a gun shoot flat, and while there is progress, I don't think anyone expects to achieve flat. Flatter? Sure. As flat as in the demo? Not likely.

Like I said, it'll work for a vast majority of the game playing public, thanks for proving that out. Those folks who have a little more experience with that sort of thing...it's definitely a detail that doesn't work well at all.
    Wellspring
    klash2def said:
    they literally say the gameplay is alpha and subject to change.. why are people treating it like its final? classic "gotta find something to bitch about" forum folk..

This shit looks amazing. That's it. Everything about it this far looks amazing and they still have like 10 months-year of dev time left.. wow. I have been hype about games before but not often and never have I wanted one to come out as bad as I want this one. This video is going to drive me crazy.

I have been hype about this game for half a decade at least. I cannot wait and i'm super hype for Mike Pondsmith finally getting the adaptation he was looking for. CDPR can have all my money.

and based on what i little info i've seen over the years, i'm guessing we are looking at a early Summer 2019 release date but my god is this game looking excellent so far. 

I remember when CDPR showed Witcher 3 gameplay for the first time (Aug 2014), it came out the next year (May 2015). 

Edit: Funny some of the people here complaining are the same people who defend Star Citizen which isn't even a 1/3 of what this is on the development scale. 

The "it's alpha, and subject to change" is something that folks have rolled out quite often, and usually, it's about something that doesn't change.... (by in large, not all the time...)

That said, hey, I agree. It looks like they built a world, and that's pretty rare, it's reason to be excited about the game, I know I am. That said, I don't see anyone treating it as a final build, I think some folks are buying the hype, and think everything is golden, some folks are going to find fatal flaws no matter what. The third group is people who do like it, but see things that can or should be improved on. It's not an unreasonable criticism, nor is it branding it not worthy of being excited about it.

It's not often I can sit and watch a demo like that and say to myself "Damn, I'd spend hours of time in that world.", and it's certainly doesn't mean it's unreasonable to say "I'd enjoy those hours if there were a couple of things cleaned up or improved upon." 
    klash2def

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    I don't think I would mind terribly if the gunplay was more Bioshock than Farcry.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    edited August 2018
    Late, but I have an opinion! :lol:

I saw a lot of gorgeous artwork and detail in the game. I wanted to explore that city and its various inhabitants.

I heard a lot of buzz-phrases bandied about. "Decisions you make effect the game later on." Heard this a few times before, yet haven't seen it effect significantly. Stormcloak or Imperial? Different Jarls sit on thrones. Pass by an opposing patrol and they say, "Move along. Imperial/Stormcloak business." True, just Skyrim examples, but only in "Being Human" did decisions actually effect the game story significantly, that I've seen. You actually lost possibility trees with your decisions and what you did. The reality is that "possibilities are endless", which vastly limits what games can recreate.

I felt like I want to play this game. And then my "cynical self" kicked in. As they iterated a few times, "Early stages/alpha, not near complete." A lot of fine tuning can happen between now and release. How that fine tuning goes may be good or bad. 

At the core, though, it seems like a solid game. I admit that Cyberpunk is not my favorite setting, but it can be fun. It seems to be an RPG first, with multiple ways to accomplish goals/missions.

I agree with a few that said the "edginess" seemed forced, like they want it to be edgy, just for edginess sake.

I'll not buy at release, but wait and see how it is before deciding :)

[edit]
    PS: Speaking of Skyrim, I truly hope this RPG does NOT allow everything to be accomplished with one character. I want to play through various builds and see differing content open up for me.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    As I was watching it all I could think of was how this is what Chris Roberts wanted his stations and planetary areas to look. Then thought he would be watching it, losing his mind, and thinking of ways to mimic/copy it adding another decade onto the development.

DMKano said:

DMKano said:

DMKano said:

krevra said:

You can only choose male or female at character creation.

There are only 2 genders.

Read more advanced genetics and neo-natal research.  There's a range of in-between states, based on a number of different origins.  Literally hundreds of thousands in the USA alone.

On the other hand, for game purposes, simplest to go with two to start, and have the alternatives be cyber'd up.

Cant tell if seriously trying to squeeze cancerous identity politics in, or are poking fun at the clowns that identify as a couch one day and a pair of slippers another.

Anyhow, I never thought this game would wind up as a straight up FPS RPG. It looks good for an early build though. Got it on my radar now.

It has nothing to do with politics

Cyberpunk 2077 is based on Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop RPG - where augmentations and implants played a major role.

That included your gender - and all of this existed in 1988 when Cyberpunk 2020 was released.

Do you honestly for a split second believe that with the amount of augmentation and implants in the world of Cyberpunk - there would only be 2 genders? Because that would be absolutely absurd - the more implants and body augmentations there are the more blurred the lines become as far as any  specific gender identity.

Yeah I know what the game is based off of and I sure as shit don't remember anybody contemplating on their characters being anything other than a male or female. These blurred lines you speak of only exist today because mental illness in ragards to gender identity is somehow being made as "normal lol" by the most hard core libtards in high places.

Sorry but you are completely wrong because you are clearly blinded by your own political agenda.

Fact - without any possibility to augment your body - there are only 2 choices.

With ENDLESS possibilities to augment your body - suddenly there are a lot more than 2 choices - this is just simple reality of technology that you are ignoring.

It has nothing to do with politics at all - it has to do with the reality of giving people the freedom to augment their body - the end result is going to be a huge diversity that goes beyond anything that happens by nature alone.

That's the reality of the level of body mod that is present in the world of Cyberpunk.

Sad that you can't see past your own political filters and just set politics aside and just take high-tech implants and body mod and just realize the endless possibilities that it provides.

Sorry but you're the one shoveling the identity politics, yet twisting it back on me. If I remember correctly when spawning an NPC you had to roll a die and odds or even would determine male or female. So no, this gender horseshit we have to deal with today was not part of Cyberpunk 2020. People weren't shoveling this shit back in the late 80's early 90's when this game came out. Another news flash. Back in the 90's people weren't rolling the die to see if they could be a pony or a doggie either.

Simple question for you - given the extent of augmentations and implants, do you think that it's realistic that everyone in the world of Cyberpunk would be 100% male or 100% female?

Think about it - try to put your bias aside - and give an honest answer of what people would actually do if they had so much freedom to modify their own bodies.

You dont even see where youre wrong. You have a BASE/INITIAL sex. Male or Female what people CHOOSE to make themselves is their own business just like what most peopel here are talking about. People can identify as anything they want doesnt make them whatever it is theyre saying. You are either male or female period. If the game allows augmentations which it most certainly will THEN they can become something else.

So hilarious that people are losing their minds about this shit in a video game. But it shows how far the craziness has gone over the past few years.
  • WaltzBWaltzB Member CommonPosts: 2
    The Matrix has me. I will buying this game.
    Asm0deus
  • Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    rodarin said:

DMKano said:

DMKano said:

DMKano said:

krevra said:

Read more advanced genetics and neo-natal research.  There's a range of in-between states, based on a number of different origins.  Literally hundreds of thousands in the USA alone.

On the other hand, for game purposes, simplest to go with two to start, and have the alternatives be cyber'd up.

Cant tell if seriously trying to squeeze cancerous identity politics in, or are poking fun at the clowns that identify as a couch one day and a pair of slippers another.

Anyhow, I never thought this game would wind up as a straight up FPS RPG. It looks good for an early build though. Got it on my radar now.

Cyberpunk 2077 is based on Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop RPG - where augmentations and implants played a major role.

That included your gender - and all of this existed in 1988 when Cyberpunk 2020 was released.

Do you honestly for a split second believe that with the amount of augmentation and implants in the world of Cyberpunk - there would only be 2 genders? Because that would be absolutely absurd - the more implants and body augmentations there are the more blurred the lines become as far as any  specific gender identity.

Yeah I know what the game is based off of and I sure as shit don't remember anybody contemplating on their characters being anything other than a male or female. These blurred lines you speak of only exist today because mental illness in ragards to gender identity is somehow being made as "normal lol" by the most hard core libtards in high places.

Sorry but you are completely wrong because you are clearly blinded by your own political agenda.

With ENDLESS possibilities to augment your body - suddenly there are a lot more than 2 choices - this is just simple reality of technology that you are ignoring.

It has nothing to do with politics at all - it has to do with the reality of giving people the freedom to augment their body - the end result is going to be a huge diversity that goes beyond anything that happens by nature alone.

That's the reality of the level of body mod that is present in the world of Cyberpunk.

Sad that you can't see past your own political filters and just set politics aside and just take high-tech implants and body mod and just realize the endless possibilities that it provides.

Sorry but you're the one shoveling the identity politics, yet twisting it back on me. If I remember correctly when spawning an NPC you had to roll a die and odds or even would determine male or female. So no, this gender horseshit we have to deal with today was not part of Cyberpunk 2020. People weren't shoveling this shit back in the late 80's early 90's when this game came out. Another news flash. Back in the 90's people weren't rolling the die to see if they could be a pony or a doggie either.

Simple question for you - given the extent of augmentations and implants, do you think that it's realistic that everyone in the world of Cyberpunk would be 100% male or 100% female?

Think about it - try to put your bias aside - and give an honest answer of what people would actually do if they had so much freedom to modify their own bodies.

You dont even see where youre wrong. You have a BASE/INITIAL sex. Male or Female what people CHOOSE to make themselves is their own business just like what most peopel here are talking about. People can identify as anything they want doesnt make them whatever it is theyre saying. You are either male or female period. If the game allows augmentations which it most certainly will THEN they can become something else.

So hilarious that people are losing their minds about this shit in a video game. But it shows how far the craziness has gone over the past few years.
    Sigh. This board is not really the place to discuss gender politics... and this is really what this is. The idea that there are ONLY two genders is a modern political construct. Historically speaking it has been much more commonly to believed that there were more than just two genders.

It is also important to remember that gender =! sex. There are 6 different chromosomal combinations (aka sexes) that are currently associated with gender: M (XX, XO, XXX) ; F (XY, XXY, XYY) In addition, there are some more extreme variants that are much more rare (XXXY, XXYY, etc

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    What a beautiful demo of a very early version of a game I won't play.  Far too much bounding about and FPS-style gun play for my non-augmented hand-eye coordination to deal with.  Where's the multi-player aspect?  Is this striving for anything other than a single player game?  It seems far closer to the Grand Theft Auto series than something I would want to play.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Mendel said:
    What a beautiful demo of a very early version of a game I won't play.  Far too much bounding about and FPS-style gun play for my non-augmented hand-eye coordination to deal with.  Where's the multi-player aspect?  Is this striving for anything other than a single player game?  It seems far closer to the Grand Theft Auto series than something I would want to play.

Multiplayer for this has only ever been a wish from a few fans and something CDPR have politely said they'll consider...  later.

This has always been developed as a single person game. It's also, IMO, no more FPS than Fallout 4 or Skyrim are FPS. The "S" part of this is not the focus as it would be in a true FPS.
    MadFrenchieConstantineMerus
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    rodarin said:

DMKano said:

DMKano said:

DMKano said:

krevra said:

Sigh. This board is not really the place to discuss gender politics... and this is really what this is. The idea that there are ONLY two genders is a modern political construct. Historically speaking it has been much more commonly to believed that there were more than just two genders.

It is also important to remember that gender =! sex. There are 6 different chromosomal combinations (aka sexes) that are currently associated with gender: M (XX, XO, XXX) ; F (XY, XXY, XYY) In addition, there are some more extreme variants that are much more rare (XXXY, XXYY, etc

Good point but you got your M and F variants backwards - M are the ones with the Y. :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

some of you people better watch Kindergarten Cop you might learn something....
    AsheramWalkinGlenn
    rodarin said:
    some of you people better watch Kindergarten Cop you might learn something....

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Torval said:
    Hengist said:
    Hengist said:

Not to mention if technology has advanced so much that they can do all those things to a human body its rather absurd to think firearm technology hasn't advance significantly from today's standards as well.

With the exception that in over a hundred years of firearm technology, that's something that still exists.....gunsmiths who specialize in action shooting sports, are always looking to make a gun shoot flat, and while there is progress, I don't think anyone expects to achieve flat. Flatter? Sure. As flat as in the demo? Not likely.

Like I said, it'll work for a vast majority of the game playing public, thanks for proving that out. Those folks who have a little more experience with that sort of thing...it's definitely a detail that doesn't work well at all.
    Well gee Wally, blindness, deafness, paralysis, death due to non-transplantible organ failure, etc still exist today as well, yet in the realm of cyberpunk are all nonevents, as they really can make you better, stronger, faster. And in some examples of the fiction genre, damned near immortal. So again, if fictional medical technology has advanced to this level, there is no reason fictional weapons tech hasn't followed suit.

Yeah, exactly.

This isn't Arthur C Clark, Larry Niven, and, to a much lesser extent, Heinlein sci-fi which are heavily rooted in science fact. This is PK Dick, Zelazny, Farmer, Ellison, Gibson, Sterling, and others who used science possibilities to explore questions about our reality, what it means to be human, sentience, and where our humanity meets others' existence. What containers qualify for humanity and sentience? What is real and what would it mean to detach our consciousness from the physical reality - in virtual reality, in bio/mechanical organisms.

Science history is littered with reality showing humanity that its limitations are self-imposed. You can't go faster than sound. You can't go faster than light. Projecting mass and energy at other things only works one way.

The argument overall is a bit silly when you think that all the other stuff in the game isn't any more plausible than linear "bullets".

What if the weapon worked like this. There is a superheated plasma round that is fired and kept energized by a laser. The plasma payload, delivered on line of sight because it's travelling near the speed of light, cools just before calculated impact into a molten slug.

Role-playing games and science fiction are about using our imaginations to consider the possibilities.
    Hey, folks are still shooting rounds out of a 100 year old M1911a1 Browning design (and iterations).   The game did show homing bullets and other technical advancements.   And remember that the game demo was showing off early slices of the game.   Would not be a particularly good design to start you off with plasma/lazer dongle blasters.  Save that for mid game and give the player the agency to choose.   Not to mention there are significant examples of stuff in the modern world that is done in a very old fashioned way, not because the tech isn't there, but because the social milieu holds things back.   

You don't want to make everything tech incomprehensible, as you have to engage the expectations of the people buying the game.   
    [Deleted User]

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.