Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Caspien to his players: Stop Pouting. Stop complaining

2»

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I am reminded of the Star Trek episode Who Mourns for Adonais. Caspien is asking that you gather some laurel leaves.
    Scot

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    YashaX said:
    I'm kind of confused: was this an in game event, where people were actually playing an early version of the game? If so what was the event like, other than people pouting??? Was there combat, mobs, adventure ... you know any of the gamey stuff? How did you make the plague cure bars go up and down? 

Anyway, I thought they were making a minecraft version of the game first to test out the systems, is that still happening?
    The game itself is discussed in another thread.  It consists of a web page with 2 status bars (plague and cure) and 3 buttons you can press anywhere from every few hours to once a day.  

You create links to trade trade purity and plane back and forth.  It’s why it earned the nickname Links of Elyria.

But no this is not the VoxElyria minecraft game that Caspien said players could be in by last January. That we have not seen but have been assured everything is progressing reasonably on time.  How that is possible as we hit Sept is incomprehensible,  but I’m sure he has a Gantt chart that shows time can be bent to allow for this seeming paradox.
    YashaXGdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Isn't this the game that was projected to be completed in six or seven months?
    MadFrenchieDakeruGdemami

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I gotta hand it to you mate, you're persistent in what you do :) and I mean it in a positive way. 
    Slapshot1188Gdemami
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    YashaX said:
    I'm kind of confused: was this an in game event, where people were actually playing an early version of the game? If so what was the event like, other than people pouting??? Was there combat, mobs, adventure ... you know any of the gamey stuff? How did you make the plague cure bars go up and down? 

Anyway, I thought they were making a minecraft version of the game first to test out the systems, is that still happening?
    The game itself is discussed in another thread.  It consists of a web page with 2 status bars (plague and cure) and 3 buttons you can press anywhere from every few hours to once a day.  

You create links to trade trade purity and plane back and forth.  It’s why it earned the nickname Links of Elyria.

But no this is not the VoxElyria minecraft game that Caspien said players could be in by last January. That we have not seen but have been assured everything is progressing reasonably on time.  How that is possible as we hit Sept is incomprehensible,  but I’m sure he has a Gantt chart that shows time can be bent to allow for this seeming paradox.
    Wow ... that makes the whole speel about the orchestra and players pouting etc even more confusing ;)
  • OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    So in theory you can get a free acc from just clicking without paying and gambling on whether the game launches?

Yeah, still not worth it. Glad you got a free account though. Heaven knows that whatever they release in 2050 isn't gonna be worth 45 dollars.
    Kyleran
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    He sounds like a dolt. 
    Yah.. the more this unfolds the more it becomes clear he is woefully unprepared for the antics that gamers will engage in.

If this game is as cut throat as he makes it off to be.. the tears will be rivers.. if it ever launches. I hope it does, because I really like some of his ideas.
    Kyleran
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

OrangeBoy said:
    So in theory you can get a free acc from just clicking without paying and gambling on whether the game launches?

Yeah, still not worth it. Glad you got a free account though. Heaven knows that whatever they release in 2050 isn't gonna be worth 45 dollars.
    Yeah I got a free account. As did a friend. We each produce up to 20 tokens a day. Realistically let’s say 30 combined as we do not sit to click all day.  It takes 180 the tokens to get a package.  Tonight or tomorrow we will have enough to get a 3rd person a free package.  Then there will be 3 of us. We think we can get another 5 people accounts by the time this thing ends.  

8 free accounts is not bad.  Would have even been more but they weren’t interested until I showed they I actually got a free account and a Years game time.

I guess we will just pick some poor mayor’s village to start in and take it over on day 2 :)
    I hope he buys lots of goodies for his village.

MendelOrangeBoyKyleran

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    OrangeBoy said:

Yeah I got a free account. As did a friend. We each produce up to 20 tokens a day. Realistically let’s say 30 combined as we do not sit to click all day.  It takes 180 the tokens to get a package.  Tonight or tomorrow we will have enough to get a 3rd person a free package.  Then there will be 3 of us. We think we can get another 5 people accounts by the time this thing ends.  

8 free accounts is not bad.  Would have even been more but they weren’t interested until I showed they I actually got a free account and a Years game time.

I guess we will just pick some poor mayor’s village to start in and take it over on day 2 :)

That is, assuming that the things bought in the pre-pre-pre release of the game will actually change ownership.  I know they *say* everything will be lootable, but no one has seen that promise in action yet.  The guy that buys a boatload of goodies is likely to be protected, somehow.

I doubt if your plan will be unique, Slapshot.  Day 2 of the release should be rewarding to those of us who will observe.  That is, if they ever get to Day 1.

Kyleran

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:
    OrangeBoy said:

That is, assuming that the things bought in the pre-pre-pre release of the game will actually change ownership.  I know they *say* everything will be lootable, but no one has seen that promise in action yet.  The guy that buys a boatload of goodies is likely to be protected, somehow.

I doubt if your plan will be unique, Slapshot.  Day 2 of the release should be rewarding to those of us who will observe.  That is, if they ever get to Day 1.

Oh I was mostly kidding. We aren’t usually that type of player.  But I do feel sorry for whoever would end up with us as citizens.  I don’t see us working the farm much :)
    Kyleran

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Maybe you can get him to add a "harbinger" occupation in game, a seer of sorts who 'predicts ' future developments in the game world and is greatly rewarded when or if correct.
    Slapshot1188

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited August 2018
    Caspien talking to his backers about the Links of Elyria (sorry, not sure how to embed posting from phone, so may just be link until I can fix tonight at home):

IselinSlapshot1188DakeruYashaX

edited August 2018
    Just replace the cute girl with some middle aged dude saying “I’m a King!!!”

Post edited by Slapshot1188 on
    MadFrenchieYashaX

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    It sounds like Capsizien is stuck in Evil Genius mode...

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Kyleran said:
    Maybe you can get him to add a "harbinger" occupation in game, a seer of sorts who 'predicts ' future developments in the game world and is greatly rewarded when or if correct.
    It has been added......as has anything else anyone ever wanted. 
    Since development for this game is made up. so can all the features.
  • OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Just wondering, but since summer has come and gone, have they said anything about the map generation?

Do they have a new timeline now?
    OrangeBoy said:
    Just wondering, but since summer has come and gone, have they said anything about the map generation?

Do they have a new timeline now?
      They say the old timeline is still mostly correct.
    They then wave their hands and say "These are not the droids you are looking for"
    Nasa

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Isn't this the game that was projected to be completed in six or seven months?
    Close. Believe it or not, it was actually projected to be completed six or seven months ago. December 2017...
    Gdemami
    --------------------------------------------
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    YashaX said:

Well at least we can hope that this will be a lesson to the devs, you can't rely on players to do what you want them to do.

The fact that anyone who has been in a group in a MMO, been in a guild or been in any sort of pvp could have told them that is rather worrying though.
    Wellspring
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Scot said:
    YashaX said:

Well at least we can hope that this will be a lesson to the devs, you can't rely on players to do what you want them to do.

The fact that anyone who has been in a group in a MMO, been in a guild or been in any sort of pvp could have told them that is rather worrying though.
    What's the saying, "fool me once..." 

How many times now has Caspian been unpleasantly surprised by how the community reacted to something? 
    --------------------------------------------
    Scot said:
    YashaX said:

What's the saying, "fool me once..." 

How many times now has Caspian been unpleasantly surprised by how the community reacted to something? 
    About as frequently as they have been surprised that he missed his latest date...

...maybe a true match made in heaven?

Wellspringcheyaneanemo

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    edited August 2018
    Hey @Slapshot1188 just needed to correct a couple things in this thread.

1)There is 5 buttons to press not 3 (I'm assuming you missed generate and neutralise)
    2)If your intending to take over someone's village you and your mates need >50% of the land to vote him out. Unless your going war, not sure they have worked out the details of that yet.

Good to see you got a free account, me and a mate are pushing for our 4th (remember we are both backers, so we had two paid for) with the generate now making 2 purity we should get that shortly. Then it's onto the 5th.

Finally and I'm sure this is just a slight typo (or the way I read it) but it sounded like you believe it will be released because you "will take over some mayor's land"

But let's be honest this game won't be out until 2025 and by then we will have better things to occupy our minds.

Tldr
    I'm bored and decided to moan about absolutely ridiculous stuff just because I can... 
    JamesGoblinLinif