Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horde or Alliance for boost

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
edited August 2018 in World of Warcraft
Before I lose interest I better boost although to be honest I am not very happy about doing it.

The thing is I have been playing and questing and it has been fun but the dungeons are still a bit bad. I am however very far away from 110 and I doubt I can stay the course, about level 40 now . I might quit again and I really want to play the content in this expansion especially after watching some of the cut scenes in BFA and it looks like the story rocks. I am very disappointed in myself that I am getting so weary of questing and going through areas I have played before and a bit sorry to say tired of fighting every mob because of the scaling... that can get so tedious.

I have two priests one Blood Elf and one Night elf. So the decision now rests on the which side has the more interesting story. Can anyone who has played both sides advice me please. I will then use the boost on the right side. Also I have herbalism, enchanting, cooking and fishing. Should I change that before I boost.

One other thing will boosting make me a horrible player in Dungeons since I have not actually played the game for the requisite 110 levels?
Chamber of Chains

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

For the Horde!
    SBFord
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited August 2018
    cheyaneConstantineMerus

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    Bring on da Choppa!
    no wait...wrong game.

SBFord
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited August 2018
    I cannot see myself supporting Sylvanas not after what she did ( I know people say Jaina was no better).  I do so love the troll accent from the videos I watched.

I think I will go Alliance boost and play the Blood Elf when I have time to level it to 110, I will still watch a few more videos before I decide.
    Post edited by cheyane on
    SBFord
    Chamber of Chains
  • GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
    It seems like Alliance is typically the majority on many servers so server selection plays into the decision too, especially if you  PvP. Boosting won't hurt anything for dungeons. You still have ten levels to learn your class before anyone really expects much. And the expansion changed most classes significantly so everyone had to relearn their class to some extent.

My key to enjoying WoW: do what YOU want to do. There is a lot that can be done and not all of it is fun to all players.
    SBFord
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Both sides have great landscapes and quest content, but be advised that WoW sticks to it's tried and true formula: you'll still be running to an ally camp, talking to a few folks and gathering a handful of quests to complete in a nearby mob pool, rinse and repeat to level to 110.  You can break up the monotony by gathering and searching out chests/star mobs.

The Alliance seem to be in a much more unified place currently lore-wise, and even have Saurfang prisoner.  I'm hoping he'll come back to play a positive role for both factions in the future somehow.  It'll be interesting to see with the Old Gods being involved in this expansion.  Not sure how they will balance the faction warfare focus with the Old Gods threatening everyone storyline.

edited August 2018
    Ya okay fine but at least Jaina did not do what she wanted to do so in that way she is not as bad as Sylvanas but I still like the Horde and I especially loved Vol'Jin so sad he is gone.

I wish the boost wasn't 60 Euros I would boost one Horde and use the BFA boost on the Alliance character. I think 60 Euros is really a lot but who knows I may change my mind if I find the story really good.

I watched this just now and at the end of it I decided to go Alliance. This guy's channel is amazing his content is really worth subscribing to. He did the whole story of Jaina nearly 2 hour video but it really shows the difference between Jaina's actions in that she was not in the same position as the Banshee Queen. I cannot sympathize with Sylvanas but I can with Jaina.

MadFrenchie
    Chamber of Chains
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Jaina is a pretty sympathetic figure in BfA.  I like her new persona, personally.  Also, I meant to say to 120 and not 110 in my above post!
    cheyane

Strangest thing because I have not yet picked where to use my boost but yesterday after the update I found a 110 and 100 boost in my log in screen. So I used both one on the Horde Priest (100) and the 120 boost on the Alliance one. I think it might be one I had previously gotten from a game purchase or one my son obtained and applied to my account since he was not playing (he got a birthday present from a friend who loved WoW) and they converted previous boosts to 100 it would seem. I did remember during my various attempts at playing WoW over the past few years seeing a boost but I don't recall from which expansion it is from. I found it odd it was missing when I reactivated my account recently after the launch of BFA.

I certainly hope I don't log in today and find it removed for one reason or another.
    Chamber of Chains