Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you thinking, "OMG, what have I done?" Or still confident?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
I watched some streaming of the free trial of SC.  From what I saw, some players had a lot of bugs, while others had a relatively bug-free experience.  One thing that seemed to be a common thread was that people had a hard time figuring the game out.  I still don't know what to think, honestly.

For those who have invested in the game, especially at a significant level, and played for a while, are you doubting that investment these days?  Or are you still confident that SC will be great?
craftseeker

Comments

• LazyDazedLazyDazed Member UncommonPosts: 166
    I dropped $2500, I still think the development is decent and I enjoy what is implemented so far. I have reported quite a few bugs and they get fixed. I can't say I am 100% pleased with everything but that is to be expected. I think they have a lot going for them and the base mechanics are there, a lot of fine-tuning and putting the pieces together. I tell people to wait, if you really want to buy in just buy one of the starter packs.
    bartoni33RhimeFrodoFraginsWalkinGlennNephethKyleranalkarionlogZenJellySlapshot1188craftseekerand 1 other.
  • Ronald88Ronald88 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Im still confident that SC will be great.
    Its better with every patch.

Check the roadmap to see what to expect.
    Patch 3.3 will be on the 10.10.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    I am still confident.

If i encounter bugs, i write a bug report and submit it. Volunteer backer playtester.

Every patch they add some more stuff. I try to break it. Then report any problems i encounter.

Having a great time with my buddies online, doing all kinds of crazy stuff. Canyon jumping. Dance choreography, buggy crashcar derbies, boarding actions, dropping rovers from orbit, exploring the asteroid belts and moons  ....

Have fun
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    I'm not doubting it, it's visibly improving with every patch, delivering on the lines of its pitch, at this stage there's really little that validates the argument "they won't be able to do it!" when they are actively doing it.

There are still things that haunt the playability like server and client performance, that with ongoing solutions in-dev, will knock down the main thing that makes the game experience frustrating to many.

The only thing is the time it takes and its development pace. SC is to fill a void left by games like SWG, it's the type of MMO experience I've always wanted, bringing back that vibe will be SC's biggest win.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    It's the most amazing and innovative game on PC in the last decade.
    That's why I can wait for it to release no matter how long it takes.. I already have more fun with my special buddies in the alpha than all other AAA games combined.
    Every bug and problem will be solved and performance will be fixed eventually.. just a matter of time.

This game deserves all the praise and money it can get.

Don't believe me?
    Try it in a free flight weekend and see how amazing and unique the gameplay is.
    If you like it, pledge and help support the salaries of the devs who are trying to save PC Gaming.

pantaroWalkinGlennkikoodutroa8ZenJellygervaise1atonico[Deleted User]Beezerbeez[Deleted User]Shinobe

..Cake..

• GaeluianGaeluian Member UncommonPosts: 114
    So, basically, the people who spent money on this like it, and those who didn't, don't.
    ErillionDrunkWolfBeezerbeezGobstopper3D
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    I usually don't enjoy seeing other people's dreams crushed and burned, but I'm afraid I'll make an exception for this game.
    esc-joconnorSlyLoK[Deleted User]

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

Gaeluian said:
    So, basically, the people who spent money on this like it, and those who didn't, don't.
    The people who spent money on it .... play it.

Which may be a reason why they like it.

Have fun

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Folks I've come to the conclusion that Elite Dangerous is the game to play now in case the Roberts take the Money and Run or the game does not release as promised.
    [Deleted User]
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • PlonkyPlonky Member UncommonPosts: 7
    As of today I dropped 10k+ in funding SC,  and I will add more as the game is made.

why? some would said...

well... just because my feeling is that I'm not only funding a game, CR build a company and now create 400+ jobs over the world, so not only my money fund the game, but I'm also a bit proud my money provide jobs to peoples from different countries.

Now back to the game, SC is getting better and better, I still had some issues in 3.0 and 3.1, but now, with 3.2 the game is really stable on my pc (highend pc) and no more crash, good FPS too in PU, I did not try any solo modules, Arena, Marines and so on... I'm just playing on PU.

I'm really amused by people still trying to said this game is a scam and if they are right, then at least I will accept it, and said to myself that during all game development, I allowed people to get a salary and enjoy their job, it is not every day  you work on a dream :)

See you in the 'verse pilot
    bartoni33Erillionboris20tinoberserkcraftseekerHariken
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    I pledged money towards it some time ago.i pay zero attention to the game at this point and i sleep plenty fine. anytime i throw money at a game that isnt even built yet i know before i even think about it i'm pretty much throwing my money into a black hole in hopes that the game will get made,i tend to do this with games that i know would never get made unless a bunch of us do this. 

Also unlike so many i dont want your damn dates,if i wanted a rushed anything i would spend my money on triple A games that are already launched and half assed most of the time.
    I never sold off my account cause it would most likely not go well,so hey it's there if i ever wanna use it one day.

and clearly i have broken my rule about avoiding star citizen threads,i'm clearly failing at life today lol

Erillion
  • SplitStream13SplitStream13 Member UncommonPosts: 250
    edited August 2018
    sgel said:

If you like it, pledge and help support the salaries of the devs who are trying to save PC Gaming.

Excuse me, but what the fuck?!? :D 
    pantaroKrematorycraftseeker
    edited August 2018
    sgel said:

The original KS trailer here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen

Around the time SC was announced was also around the time we saw people going around proclaiming PC gaming had its days counted, in the eternal battleground consoles vs PC, so when SC was announced the one-liner was "they said I was dead".

So mix that out with hyperbole and trolling and you have "SC will save PC Gaming!", and you have his type of posts xD
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
    pantarobartoni33
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    sgel said:

i was thinking that too just wasnt gonna go there but since you did! lol they really meant SPACE SIM ON PC! 

PC gaming will never live or die based on one game!
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Plonky said:
    As of today I dropped 10k+ in funding SC,  and I will add more as the game is made.

why? some would said...

well... just because my feeling is that I'm not only funding a game, CR build a company and now create 400+ jobs over the world, so not only my money fund the game, but I'm also a bit proud my money provide jobs to peoples from different countries.

Now back to the game, SC is getting better and better, I still had some issues in 3.0 and 3.1, but now, with 3.2 the game is really stable on my pc (highend pc) and no more crash, good FPS too in PU, I did not try any solo modules, Arena, Marines and so on... I'm just playing on PU.

I'm really amused by people still trying to said this game is a scam and if they are right, then at least I will accept it, and said to myself that during all game development, I allowed people to get a salary and enjoy their job, it is not every day  you work on a dream :)

See you in the 'verse pilot

This person is funding 10k with only 5 posts here, well sha-zam as Gomer would say, makes one wonder if they might work for CIG but nah they surley would not do that unless game is in trouble?

MaxBaconbartoni33
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    edited August 2018
    Elsabolts said:
    This person is funding 10k with only 5 posts here, well sha-zam as Gomer would say, makes one wonder if they might work for CIG but nah they surley would not do that unless game is in trouble?
    Are you serious?

We're all paid by CIG, everyone who ever said anything positive on the internet about SC is paid by CIG, even the people who have a mere thought of something they like about SC. That's how we roll \o/
    bartoni33
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I've pledged to dozens of crowdfunding projects and all are just the same for me; I could afford it and considered the money gone the moment I made the donation. 

If anyone made a donation in any state besides that should think "OMG, what have I done?" right after the payment was made. If not, then what's the drama. 

@Erillion I've spent money on it, but I don't play it. That's mainly because I'd like to play the finished product. The reason I like it is because I backed a dream, that dream turned into an idea, then a machine which grew to become the biggest machine ever running on crowdfunding wheels. I am glad a video game is the record holder of crowdfunding of all time. 

If the end product becomes a mediocre or a horrible game I won't be disappointed, because I never cared that much. But it would be a huge potential lost, and would put a major damp on future crowdfunding campaigns and the genre altogether. Nothing good can come out of failure of SC. Whoever wants (not predictsthis project to fail is mentally ill. 

If it becomes a success, then it will attract more investment to the genre and increase the faith of people to crowdfunding. Even bigger MMORGPs might actually get developed. Real freaking virtual worlds. 

In case of success, I wouldn't care at all if I personally like the game or not. I've never pledged to any campaign for my own personal gain. 

All I'm saying is, people can have different agendas. It's not all black and white for everyone. 
    Erillionboris20
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • PlonkyPlonky Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Elsabolts said:

I still try to figure out why my number of post is related to my SC funding?

I'm reading MMORPG since years and I'm reading SC post in there since years, today I don't know why I just posted my thought here and why I fund the game and why I will still fund the game.

I'm a backers since 2014, my only regret so far is I didn't catch kickstarter project in 2012 so I would have provide even more funding...

Anyway, I'm signing off and will continue to read all that posts related to SC. And I'm not CIG employee, just a gamer who enjoyed playing Wing Commander game series many years ago...

See you in the 'verse pilot.

craftseeker
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    I am critic of their development process, they want to do everything at once, that's why the game seems like a mess.

But in their defence, I have to say that most people don't get what SC actually is.
    SC is a space simulator, it's not an arcade, so when people say that it is too difficult to learn how control a ship it's because it's intended.
    If you ever played a flight simulator most of your time will be spent learning the controls, SC is the same, but in space.

I have a starting pack and last time I tried the game was more than a year ago but even then it had a decent tutorial and I learned to drive the ship in just over an hour, so I don't understand the complaints.
    Erillion
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    TEKK3N said:
    I am critic of their development process, they want to do everything at once, that's why the game seems like a mess.

But in their defence, I have to say that most people don't get what SC actually is.
    SC is a space simulator, it's not an arcade, so when people say that it is too difficult to learn how control a ship it's because it's intended.
    If you ever played a flight simulator most of your time will be spent learning the controls, SC is the same, but in space.

I have a starting pack and last time I tried the game was more than a year ago but even then it had a decent tutorial and I learned to drive the ship in just over an hour, so I don't understand the complaints.
    If I had time I would link the video of Roberts himself trying to 'play' it. And thats the one where he was actually able to turn on the PC. Yeah he is single handedly 'saving' the PC gaming genre.....
    Krematorycraftseeker
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    rodarin said:
    TEKK3N said:

If I had time I would link the video of Roberts himself trying to 'play' it. And thats the one where he was actually able to turn on the PC. Yeah he is single handedly 'saving' the PC gaming genre.....
    ????????

He didn't say anything about saving the genre, also not sure what CR trying to play the game has anything to do with whats being said lol
    Herase said:
    ????????

He didn't say anything about saving the genre, also not sure what CR trying to play the game has anything to do with whats being said lol
    That's how he rolls if you never noticed, random rants about unrelated things that just throw the discussion into random directions.
    rodarin said:
    Go ahead, necro that old thing. You know you want it.

Nevermind tenthousands of others playing the game. Go ahead, dig out the one scene with Chris Roberts where (the  Alpha version of)  Star Citizen did not respond like it should and do your "Na na na na na" dance.

Ignore all the dozens of other videos where Star Citizen DID work like it was intended. It would ruin your narrative, Mr. "There-never-was-a-moon-landing-it-was-all-a-fake".

And that remark about "single handedly 'saving' the PC gaming genre" came from another "agent provocateur" trying to provoke negative reactions. Are you tag-teaming with him today ?

Pathetic.

Have fun

boris20
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    First, I thank and WTF all whales that contribute in all sincerity. Must be nice.

Second, I'm with most people who have contributed to SC in that I am waiting on the finished product before jumping in. I have no wish to alpha/beta test. I have DLed the client a few times in the last 4 years or so just to give a looky-loo. So far so good.

Any doubts? Not in the actual game. I have SERIOUS doubts about CR and his competency as a leader. But I don't think he is going to kill SC. He's just slowed down advancement by his "throw the kitchen sink at it even though we haven't even figured out how we are going to design the house" mentality to development. Someone mentioned Elite Dangerous. Perfect example of how SC should have been made. Baby steps towards a well pre-defined goal. Not a marathon/pentathlon/decathlon/death-race towards a vaguely defined list on a Great Wall sized whiteboard written in unalterable Sharpie.

tl;dr see @TEKK3N first sentence.
    FrodoFraginsKyleran

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    It sure seems like they will blow through all this KS money and not have alot to show for it. With that many people, a layoff is inevitable and sooner more likely than later.