Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warframe Mask of the Revenant Coming Update Arrives for PC - Warframe - MMORPG.com

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited August 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageWarframe Mask of the Revenant Coming Update Arrives for PC - Warframe - MMORPG.com

Warframe News - Warframe PC players can now check out a brand new Warframe as part of the Mask of the Revenant update. The Revenant is an Eidolon-inspired Warframe that uses Sentient light energy to mow down hordes of enemies. This is the second new Warframe in 2018 and the 36th overall. "The Revenant Warframe continues the development team's exploration of the 'darker' Warframes," reads the press release.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    He's a cool idea, but also really poorly designed. Minion master frames will never be useful outside of niche cases because controlled enemy AI units do not do enough damage to enemy AI units. This same criticism also applies to Nekros.
    Asch126armageddonx911
  • nomurahnomurah Member UncommonPosts: 42

Aeander said:

He's a cool idea, but also really poorly designed. Minion master frames will never be useful outside of niche cases because controlled enemy AI units do not do enough damage to enemy AI units. This same criticism also applies to Nekros.

It's a problem moreso for Nyx than Nekros, seeing as 3 out of 4 of her abilities revolve around taking control of enemy AI.
    nomurah said:

Aeander said:

It's a problem moreso for Nyx than Nekros, seeing as 3 out of 4 of her abilities revolve around taking control of enemy AI.
    Yes, but Nekros has an even greater design flaw. His ultimate literally runs counter to his main purpose. Nekros is primarily used for Survival missions, where he can reroll drop tables for life support. His minions take up enemy spawn slots, reducing the number of enemies that can spawn at once, which is the last thing you want in Survival. 
  • nomurahnomurah Member UncommonPosts: 42

Aeander said:

nomurah said:

Aeander said:

Yes, but Nekros has an even greater design flaw. His ultimate literally runs counter to his main purpose. Nekros is primarily used for Survival missions, where he can reroll drop tables for life support. His minions take up enemy spawn slots, reducing the number of enemies that can spawn at once, which is the last thing you want in Survival. 

What, seriously? That's wild, I've been playing this game for far too long and never knew about that. DE themselves probably don't even know and that doesn't surprise me. I'm sure they'd take a look at it if someone on reddit or the forums screamed loud enough.
    nomurah said:

Aeander said:

nomurah said:

Aeander said:

What, seriously? That's wild, I've been playing this game for far too long and never knew about that. DE themselves probably don't even know and that doesn't surprise me. I'm sure they'd take a look at it if someone on reddit or the forums screamed loud enough.
    Searching on the issue seems to be inconclusive. They clearly know it is a community topic, but it may be a myth. I've heard it in groups and from popular youtubers, but it would seem that the evidence may point towards it not being the case. 

I'm actually curious now. 
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Meh all you do with Nekros is press 3 anyway.

If you want to get Revenant you need rank 2 with the Quills and buy the mask from Nakak in Cestus, then farm bounties in the plains.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

Searching on the issue seems to be inconclusive. They clearly know it is a community topic, but it may be a myth. I've heard it in groups and from popular youtubers, but it would seem that the evidence may point towards it not being the case. 

I'm actually curious now. 

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    edited August 2018

Aeander said:

Having controlled minions do direct damage is not the purpose of his 1 ability. Controlled minions spread the effect to others and when they die they leave behind a pillar of energy that does damage. They also increase the effects of his 3 abilities compared to non-controlled enemies, gaining more health and shields when he dashes through them, and if controlled minions are killed with his 4 ability they leave over shield pick ups. That being said, he seems to be just OK overall so far.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.