Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the perfect mmorpg

i have come up with an idea that would suit most people's ideas for a game and i think it would be a huge success.

different playstyle's(soloing,grouping,raiding): In games like everquest 2 people complained about the fact there wasnt challenging  solo content or grouping. with a hack and slash mmo it would be very easy to make challenging encounters in all playing fields.

this would make the game very challenging and keep people on the edge of their seat concentrating on the game , with this you would have to be very talented to be an mt and not just be able to spam taunts.

loot could be handled through a risk vs, reward very easily. you could have instances for solo/grouping/raiding that had their own boss mobs that dropped loot that would make that specific task easier. example: solo zone drops loot with plus 5 stats , grouping zone plus 10 , raiding zone plus 15. there would be no tags because then people wouldnt complain about not having fabled loot from solo and grouping zones.

mobs shouldnt drop loot in chests , you should go through there corpses to find salvagable goods that weapons could be made from. you shouldnt have to have specific components to create weapons out of  anything you want . example : you find a salvable dragon bone from that boss mob , and you think it would make a great blade for a dagger, so you take it to the weaponsmith and he can fashion one together. you should be able to add different components like a werewolf hide for a hilt with the dragonbone blade. Along with these weapons you should be able to quest for epic weapons and buy really good weapons from vendors when you earn prestige and coin.

along with instanced zones there should be zones with mobs out in the open and contesteds spawning. these mobs should be able to be beaten by anyone even a soloer if they are EXTREMELY crazy talented.

aging , like in fable you should start off as a child and as you level you could grow older and stronger. you're aging will slow down as you get into leveling , say at higher levels a few months per level , so you dont get real old. different classes will be able to get certain sizes and strengths to go with that. fighters would be the largest, scout type second, priest ,and mage. you will get a larger physique by eating protein like meat and excersizing through combat. going extended periods of time without doing anything will mean you get smaller and weaker.

crafting will be done in different area such as a blacksmithing shop etc...  when you are in the crafting area you will have immunity from losing strength. crafting will help gain intelligence and wisdom.mages will be able to use their arcane abilities to help craft while fighter types will have to buy coal and other fuels.

well i guess thats just a simple plan for my idea now i just need a crew to put it together lol , tell me what you think of my ideas , dont hold back i guess

Comments

• WolfjunkieWolfjunkie Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 985
    Well.. You really didn't say anything about, how combat would be handled.
    WoW also got a "risk vs. reward" system in place.
    As far as i know, Saga of Ryzom got that crafting system of yours.
    Having aging through levels in place, would be sweet, but nothing gamebreaking; It would just add a nice touch to it.
    I really think you should reconsider using 'The perfect MMORPG' as a tittle.. Everyone now a days seems to think their idea is the best, and have never been considered before. Well, trust me, it probaly have.

• DowieDowie Member Posts: 280
    What about the skill based system instead of level system, or be able to build your own city? and the pvp, a FFA pvp world where you get a bounty on your head after killing a player, that would result in that you are not welcome in to the big cities and will get guards attacking you. 
  • katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

"As far as i know, Saga of Ryzom got that crafting system of yours."

Actually, Ryzom's crafting system is even better. Craftable Materials are harvested from the ground, and animals also drop materials. Each material has various properties which determine the stats of the item produced. A crafter is more than their numerical skill level because it takes personal knowledge and experimentation to mix and match materials with different properties to produce an item with the desired stats.

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• zanetrainzanetrain Member Posts: 7

yah i didnt right all of it down or it would have been alot longer lol. combat  would be a hack and slash with a real time dodging system where you could jump out of the way but so could the mob , of course it a raid the mob wouldnt be able to jump out of the way of most of the attacks so it would have a massive amount of hp like most games.there will of course be unblockable or dodgeable attacks.

I like your idea on skill instead of level , it does get tiring grinding the levels and would be nice to just go by adding stats to your skills.

i was thinking last night , and i think people want to see more lost cities and buried secret cities that take months to figure out how to get there. this would provide a mystique to the game and give people something to work for.

with the aging thing i thought it would be good for guards to stop you from going to certain areas unless you are a certain age(this is in various games but no mmo's i dont believe)

another idea, how about to go along with the make your own city , a "leader of the tribe" system where one person steps up and others can take over by means of combat. there could also be revolution in the tribes where they take over if they cant beat him and dont like his leadership. these cities or camps that could be the "guilds" for this game and would resemble the mongol camps on the steppe. ( basically the camps would be spread out across the plains / moutain areas.)as your camp grows you earn prestige and new buildings / balistics (still working on this idea)

thnx for the feedback all ill take everything you have into mind.

Originally posted by Dowie
    What about the skill based system instead of level system, or be able to build your own city? and the pvp, a FFA pvp world where you get a bounty on your head after killing a player, that would result in that you are not welcome in to the big cities and will get guards attacking you. 

i really didnt want the game to be pvp but there could be seperate servers that are pvp / pve both. in eq2 you could put all your money in the bank before going out to pvp which is a feature i would not put in the game because pvping should involve some risk tell me if you agree.
  • Julez-GameJulez-Game Member Posts: 4
    It doesn't quite suit my personality as far as combat goes. But i like the idea of looking for your own materials threw the bodies of your victims. It sounds like a more realistic scenario.

i prefer games that have a more army-based combat feel. i had been bored in church one day and decided to read the bible. in this i came upon a story of david as king over israel. he was blessed by god and had many victories in his name. he took over many nations and captured many casualties. now i began to think.....this would be fun as hell if it were an mmorpg. how could you resist the temptation to take over civilizations in an attempt to build a great empire. allying with other forces and becoming even stronger. you would be a simple soldier turn Military commander. you would take your foot soldiers and archers into battle and conquer all nations. as your army grew along with your empire your king would grant you the chance to enhance your countries standings with quests like capturing other cities or assisting your allies in their battles. but in defeat you are shunned, captured, or killed.....commanding your army against other players and using strategies and tactics to fool them would reward you greatly. but defeat could mean the death of your king and the fall of his empire. as the main commander it is your responsibility to lead your army of swords and shields into combat.......for death or victory. the combat would be much like you saw in lord of the rings but instead of murdering orcs created from dark magic, its your army against someone else in countries across the world. now ofcourse all of those ppl probably couldnt fit on one globe so there would most likely be numerous channels and servers to accomidate the huge amount of players. but i think people would like this idea. after all. you get to have an entire ARMY at your command how cool is that. so if your somebody who expescts to see all kinds of monsters and magic in mmorpgs....its time to face reality. its time for some real life military combat commanding. but no guns and tanks. let make it old school. archers, swordsmen, knights, pikemen, and other contraptions used to conquer back in medieval times. if you like this idea then.hey wut the heck, great minds think alike .

Originally posted by Julez-Game

i prefer games that have a more army-based combat feel. i had been bored in church one day and decided to read the bible. in this i came upon a story of david as king over israel. he was blessed by god and had many victories in his name. he took over many nations and captured many casualties. now i began to think.....this would be fun as hell if it were an mmorpg. how could you resist the temptation to take over civilizations in an attempt to build a great empire. allying with other forces and becoming even stronger. you would be a simple soldier turn Military commander. you would take your foot soldiers and archers into battle and conquer all nations. as your army grew along with your empire your king would grant you the chance to enhance your countries standings with quests like capturing other cities or assisting your allies in their battles. but in defeat you are shunned, captured, or killed.....commanding your army against other players and using strategies and tactics to fool them would reward you greatly. but defeat could mean the death of your king and the fall of his empire. as the main commander it is your responsibility to lead your army of swords and shields into combat.......for death or victory. the combat would be much like you saw in lord of the rings but instead of murdering orcs created from dark magic, its your army against someone else in countries across the world. now ofcourse all of those ppl probably couldnt fit on one globe so there would most likely be numerous channels and servers to accomidate the huge amount of players. but i think people would like this idea. after all. you get to have an entire ARMY at your command how cool is that. so if your somebody who expescts to see all kinds of monsters and magic in mmorpgs....its time to face reality. its time for some real life military combat commanding. but no guns and tanks. let make it old school. archers, swordsmen, knights, pikemen, and other contraptions used to conquer back in medieval times. if you like this idea then.hey wut the heck, great minds think alike .

that would be age of empires online .

not quite if u pay attention to the details....but nice try... in age of empires you face a computer....this is player to player, army to army. and in age of empires u are compelled to move throughout technology discovering things. this is more of an explore the land and conquer ur enemies kinda thing than a build a great country thing like age of empires. this idea is more rpg than age of empires....that shudnt evn be considered an rpg....acutally i dont think it is....oh one more thing...the most important thing i forgot in my description before. wen i said u "lead" your army to battle....thats right......u in first person mode lead your army litteraly into battle...how?...i dont no....but it would be cool as hell.....if u ask me.......no where near close or anything like age of empires..i dont no where u came up with that...but than again its just an idea....
  • AguyAguy Member Posts: 561
    interesting
    ok so it would be hack and slash / fps right? and you could have dpilomats to ride in before war and try to convince them to join your colony peacefully , then if they refuse , WAR.  by fps i mean for the bows. whoevers side is the victor , they can ask the other sides people to join them or become outcasts if they are totally defeated. i see what you're thinking. i hope you dont mean having any computer played people at all though.
  • k-razyk-razy Member Posts: 6

I think you have alot of good idea that I personally would want to also see in a good mmorpg. These are things that some games currently have and that some don't. Howver these are things that I would hope and expect to see in all rpg's in the future:

-Player-made housing and cities (like SWG)

-Mounts or vehicles available at all times

-Like you previously said, aging would be neat

-Clans/Factions (that have their own cities/bases/castles/stongholds/)

-Something similar to GW:F where you battle iother factions/clans for territory. You can assault an enemy base, hold down your own, or just meet in an open battlefield where you decide the fate of  many

-A game where each thing every player does has an effect on the world around them

-something or someway where you can recruit like a group of 5 or even 10 npc's to follow you around so that like 6 players with 3 on both side  could theoritcally have a battle with 33 on 33 instead of having to find 66 actually players to battle at once, which is almost impossible.

-hvae someway of have the quest character have voices instead of lines and lines of scipts that you have to read

-have a type of combat where you could chose whether you wanted your charcater to attack for you like WoW or do live action fighting which is based more on your skill

I dont know. these are just a few ideas. I will think of more after I have experienced more mmorpgs and what i have found that they might lack.