Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscription Only Asian MMO + No Cash Shop

TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
edited August 2018 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Swords of Legends Online

It's in open beta in China and, at the moment, is a rare subscription only Asian MMO with no apparent cash shop.

Action combat, BDO level graphics from the look of it and no gender locked classes.

It's not listed on this site yet from what I can see so I thought I'd make a post about it so you can check it out if it's an unknown to you.

LazyPeon has done a long gameplay video about it if you want to see it in action (I have nothing to do with LazyPeon):

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
Swords of Legends Online
  1. Do you want to see this released in the West?21 votes
    1. Yes
      42.86%
    2. No
      33.33%
    3. Not sure yet
      23.81%

Comments

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    I don't care one way or the other if it's released in the West.  It will appeal to some people, but definitely not to me.
    [Deleted User]delete5230
  • RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Asian MMO... enough said.  No thank you.  Asian MMO's teach you a whole new level of Grinding.
    delete5230Gdemami

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Sword of Legend looks awesome. I didn't even realize that it was sub only until this thread. Makes it even better IMO. 
    Gdemami
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I'M pretty much done with Asian mmo's too.
    delete5230
  • VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Interesting how OP mentioned gender locked classes alongside graphics and gametype, as if it were of comparable importance. I seriously doubt most consider it so.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    So you're telling me that it has a subscription while it's in beta and they won't add the cash shop until later on in the beta?
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    lol ...... no             .. same shit different name .................pass
    delete5230
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    No telling what sort of monetization model the game might have if ever marketed to the west.

Likely quite a few years  before that ever happens.
    Phrydelete5230

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Velifax said:
    Interesting how OP mentioned gender locked classes alongside graphics and gametype, as if it were of comparable importance. I seriously doubt most consider it so.
    It's something that puts a lot of people off Asian MMOs. Me especially. I'm not a fan of being forced to play females. If the class I want to play is female only and the game is amazing, there's a good chance I won't play that game based on the gender lock alone. There's plenty others like me.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Only once we see what it is like once it has released in the east, could I pass comment on whether I want to see it here.
    Phry
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Why don't we paint everything with the same brush heh?
    [Deleted User]kitarad
    Chamber of Chains
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    They don't call it SOL for nothing
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    I guess the business model alone is a huge plus. The aesthetics are a bit more pleasing to me than other eastern mmos, and afaicantell the visual effects are not in the way like some action combat mmos. But other than that it is still the same simple formula, and I really don't play Asian mmos; but if a future one come with some more depth..

On a side note. I am curious to know how a "Ping Booster" is supposed to work on a technical level ? sound like scam-ware :D
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Looks cool.