Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ragnarok Online 2

xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

I have to admit.. it looks real nice.. compared to 1st one..

take a peek at the link below..

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/other/pc/ragnarok2/screens/ragnarok2ss092905.html

Comments

• ZhanghiaZhanghia Member UncommonPosts: 1,312
    Not made by Gravity if I recall correctly.
  • tanminhtanminh Member Posts: 32

not made by gravity? RO is a gravity franchise. who else would dare to copy a game using the same name and concept? anyway yea it looks really nice, i saw the e3 video last year but til now, there no update on it yet. gona be a while for it to have an english version. the game use unreal engine 2.5(if u guys dont kno what that is, unreal engine 2.0 was use to develop lineage2) so it gona hav kick ass graphic on the retail version.

• felix77felix77 Member Posts: 84

Definetly a copy of Lineage 2. More cartoonish and body praportions are different, but definetly based on it. From the weapons to the rabbit ears.

The charicters look like comics versions of L2.

• ZhanghiaZhanghia Member UncommonPosts: 1,312

Some company bought out Gravity. I don't remember the whole story but I recall ROSE was produced by the remnants of it, I may be wrong though. All I know is that tons of japanese were seething over what happend. I'd have to look up the news article..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_Corporation

On August 30, 2005, Jung Ryool Kim, the controlling shareholder, sold his 52% stake and set plans to quit as a director. The buyers of his shares were Ezer and Techno Groove of Japan, a pair of technology ventures controlled by Il Young Ryu and Taizo and Masayoshi Son. After becoming the new majority shareholder, on September 13, 2005, Il Young Ryu was named by Gravity as its new chairman and joint chief executive. Young Ryu is also the founder of Area Network Limited and the CEO of Internet Japan

I rest my case.