Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Piano Man-Less - Star Citizen Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageStar Citizen: Around the Verse - Piano Man-Less - Star Citizen Videos - MMORPG.com

The latest Star Citizen: Around the Verse is out and about, this time with a very pithy description that is best left as-is: "Run like hell, FOIP n’ VOIP, the thrilling return of mining improvements, contractual obligation, and 88 keys in this week’s update." See what it's all about with hosts Sandi Gardiner and Chris Roberts and leave us your thoughts in the comments.

Read the full story here

Comments

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    so what has happen in 6 years? my aunt went from healthy to have cancer and died and so is 2 of my friends are dead. I bet a few people that pledges for this game is dead also, while we continue to wait.
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

so what has happen in 6 years? my aunt went from healthy to have cancer and died and so is 2 of my friends are dead. I bet a few people that pledges for this game is dead also, while we continue to wait.

You mean the +10 years for Diablo 3 or + 8 years (and no ALpha around) for Beyond Good and Evil 2 by a multi-Billions $ Ubisoft Cie?

You could even wait for Navi in 7nm expected next year in 2019 and never see it.

The closer we are from 3.3 the dumbest the remarks! :)
    vegetableoilKyleran
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    JoeBlober said:

That would be dumber, not dumbest....
    JamesGoblin
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited August 2018
    JoeBlober said:

You mean the +10 years for Diablo 3 or + 8 years (and no ALpha around) for Beyond Good and Evil 2 by a multi-Billions $ Ubisoft Cie?

You could even wait for Navi in 7nm expected next year in 2019 and never see it.

Stop comparing it to games who weren't funding themselves directly on the consumers' backs.  You're being disingenuous to try and defend your project, which seems to be your job as I've seen you commenting on multiple gaming sites to immediately defend this game against any criticism.
    EponyxDamorKyleran

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    More news... Cu next week

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

JoeBlober said:

Stop comparing it to games who weren't funding themselves directly on the consumers' backs.  You're being disingenuous to try and defend your project, which seems to be your job as I've seen you commenting on multiple gaming sites to immediately defend this game against any criticism.

What's the point to be funded through Kickstarter or Publishers? Comment were precisely to demonstrate that even Publishers with billions $ are not doing better than a project funded by backers. Next time you try to make a comparison, try to stick to the subject... and you may realise your remark is the one with no meaning in context :)
    EponyxDamorMadFrenchieKyleran
    JoeBlober said:

JoeBlober said:

What's the point to be funded through Kickstarter or Publishers? Comment were precisely to demonstrate that even Publishers with billions $ are not doing better than a project funded by backers. Next time you try to make a comparison, try to stick to the subject... and you may realise your remark is the one with no meaning in context :)
    Jesus Christ, stop being so wilfully ignorant. 
    Kyleran

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    JoeBlober said:

JoeBlober said:

Did any of those publishers promise to deliver their games in two years?

Or at all for that matter? Perhaps they are just projects you were expecting them to be delivering?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

JoeBlober said:

JoeBlober said:

Jesus CHRIS :) ignorant about the fact you make remark about a game in development versus Publishers with Billions $ not able to delvier a sequel in less than a decade? You can't swallow critiism? what a surprise. Double standard right? :)
    MadFrenchiepetersnowz
    edited August 2018

Or at all for that matter? Perhaps they are just projects you were expecting them to be delivering?

Those 2 games were Publishers projects not mine... and are not different of SC. There all projects and by the way scope changed mid-2014. But may be you was not aware?
    MadFrenchie
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565

JoeBlober said:

Those 2 games were Publishers projects not mine... and are not different of SC. There all projects and by the way scope changed mid-2014. But may be you was not aware?

Thus Star Citizen is good!
    JoeBlober said:

JoeBlober said:

JoeBlober said:

Jesus CHRIS :) ignorant about the fact you make remark about a game in development versus Publishers with Billions $ not able to delvier a sequel in less than a decade? You can't swallow critiism? what a surprise. Double standard right? :)
    What are you even talking about?  Publishers don't ask consumers to foot the bill before release, so your comparison is woefully inaccurate and irrelevant.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Seeing FOIP implemented makes such a cool bit to the game, right now it's literally impossible to talk with someone if they don't have the chat open, now can scream at people \o/

So they're already doing spectrum implementation as its data won't flow through the game servers.

JoeBlober said:

JoeBlober said:

JoeBlober said:

What are you even talking about?  Publishers don't ask consumers to foot the bill before release, so your comparison is woefully inaccurate and irrelevant.

And what it is not relevant... We are talking about time not money. Your comment is not even relevant to OP comment. Still publishers are not doing better than a company who started from scratch. That's all the point. Can't you swallow critisism as long it does not match your SC bashing? :)