Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The amount of self sustain blood death knights get...even at fresh level 120...is stupid insane

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
edited August 2018 in World of Warcraft
Two azerite traits that give me a shield (which the two traits stack for a good shield and as far as been discovered can stack even more)
1 azerite trait that heals whenever an enemy dies
1 azerite trait that tiny heal+tiny damage (but decent for AOE healing since it heals per target it hits) when I use death and decay
All my base class self healing abilities+defensives
My talents

And as much as I'm enjoying it...its beyond crazy rofl. How did this get past testing...thats how powerful it is. Maybe vengeance demon hunters win in mobility and get a lot of self healing to

Literally a walking god.

This is how it should feel for every class after beating the legion. maybe demon hunters are the same, for vengeance.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Post edited by TheScavenger on

Comments

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    I play Vengeance and the self-healing is nice, but I don't feel like a God.  I moved off from DK due to downtime in the rotation (I know there's not a rotation, but I don't like just sitting there waiting for a button to push to come off cooldown).  Vengeance is the closest thing I have found to the amount of self-healing that DK has.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    I play Vengeance and the self-healing is nice, but I don't feel like a God.  I moved off from DK due to downtime in the rotation (I know there's not a rotation, but I don't like just sitting there waiting for a button to push to come off cooldown).  Vengeance is the closest thing I have found to the amount of self-healing that DK has.
    Blood DK needs a lot of haste to overcome that long downtime between attacks/abilities. I ran into the same issue with my DK in Legion after hitting 110 and not having optimized gear pieces yet.
    [Deleted User]
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    i guess you didn't play the blood DK in it's original form, right? :) before the nerf back in his first addon? THAT was godlike :>

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Most Nerfs happen when People talk about things that are OP.
    Don't talk about things you want to keep. ;)
    Kyleran

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Thane said:
    i guess you didn't play the blood DK in it's original form, right? :) before the nerf back in his first addon? THAT was godlike :>
    Which original form? Are you talking about WOTLK? Because I miss that version of the Blood DK so much. It was the most fun I've ever had on my DK, blood was insane back then, back before they made it into a tank spec. 

On topic, blood dks have always had tons of sustain, I haven't leveled my DK yet in BFA, but this makes me want to level it up. 
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited August 2018
    Azerite traits are really powerful.  My Paladin starts at like 16% Haste currently.  If I stack my Haste buff to 20 stacks, I'm up at like 30% (one Azerite piece gives me 9 haste per stack, the other 7 per stack).

Once I get that rolling, the Retribution mechanic becomes consistently fluid again, heavily boosting my DPS output.  Additionally, since my instant, boosted Flash of Light requires a few Holy Spenders to be used in succession, the lack of Haste also decreases my survivability.  That's really the big issue with Haste in general, though: so many mechanics require it to keep their core mechanics working in combat without spending time auto-attacking and waiting on your builders to cooldown.