Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looting questions

danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
I have been looking into CU and I have some looting questions around CU.  Is this game a PVP Full Loot game?   When players kill each other in PVP can they steal gear and crafting mats which are on the players?   Can Players loot the crafting mats on the caravans?  

Comments

• some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 227
    No full loot. Characters' gear loses durability over time and needs to be repaired and eventually replaced; this is how the game stimulates the demand for gear, instead of making you lose it when you die.

A different matter is building destruction and caravans. Destroying structures belonging to the enemy will likely yield part of the resources used for it's construction back, I say likely because the devs are remaining very vague on most of the mechanics not in game yet and most information is based on speculation. Same for caravans: raiding them will disrupt the enemy supply (how this will impact the game we don't know) and likely make the resources that were transported available for looting/recovering.

As for crafting materials on the player I really have no idea but if you care for my speculation I'd say that they will drop them. The high-end crafting materials will be in dangerous places (the depths) and, since gathering there will inevitably require a coordinated effort, it makes sense to make them lootable, the alternative is that players (crafters) can suicide after gathering and respawn with all the goodies in a safe zone. We don't know what the intentions are and we will likely have to test these mechanics in the future and give feedback, but I think that not making resources lootable doesn't make much sense considering the rest of the game.

The last paragraph is just my 2 cents.
    JamesGoblinnatpick
  • tinnistinnis Member UncommonPosts: 41
    edited August 2018
    danwest58 said:
    I have been looking into CU and I have some looting questions around CU.  Is this game a PVP Full Loot game?   When players kill each other in PVP can they steal gear and crafting mats which are on the players?   Can Players loot the crafting mats on the caravans?  

unofficial summary/answer:

https://old.reddit.com/r/CamelotUnchained/comments/7e5ijv/the_rcamelotunchained_faq_thread/

Will Camelot Unchained have corpse looting?

There will not be the option to loot items from your fallen enemy. You can, however, steal their soul! It is planned that Crafters can use bits of their own (or captured) souls in crafting an item… Souls can grant additional power to items, and can also make those items more resistant to wear, breaking, etc. In addition to the “soul” mechanic, there will be opportunities to attack enemy caravans. If successfully attacked, the contents of the caravan are lost, and may be stolen. Furthermore, a major component of the game is siege warfare, which will allow you to destroy enemy constructions—houses, castles, even entire cities. Not only do these constructions represent a significant investment in the enemy's resources and time, but you will be able to loot resources/components directly from the rubble of your enemy's shattered villages.
    KyleranJamesGoblin