Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless Unleashed FAQ Drills Into Common Questions Stemming From Its Announcement - Bless - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageBless Unleashed FAQ Drills Into Common Questions Stemming From Its Announcement - Bless - MMORPG.com

Bless News - Today's announcement by Bandai Namco about its first-ever console-only MMO, Bless Unleashed, has spurred a lot of questions about whether or not this is a port of Bless Online to XBox One (it's not...) and others. The Bless Online site has been updated with a new FAQ to provide answers to the most common questions that illustrate the differences between the two and what the development of Bless Unleashed means to the future of Bless Online.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426
    Am I the only one who would prefer they scrap Bless Online and release Bless Unleashed to PC.
    BillMurphyceh430Whiteshade92AlomarinfomatznauhathOctagon7711kenguru23chocolate42069darkopex
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    edited August 2018
    One thing I wonder about is, if Bless hasn't been overwhelmingly successful in most of the regions it's launched in, and this is created by a different studio, on a different engine and is potentially much different in its entirety, what exactly is the purpose of even keeping it within the same Bless IP?

I understand the purpose of building the IP and world building and all that, but if the game hasn't been popular from the jump, is this resurrecting a dead horse?
    EponyxDamorWhiteshade92

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    One thing I wonder about is, if Bless hasn't been overwhelmingly successful in most of the regions it's launched in, and this is created by a different studio, on a different engine and is potentially much different in its entirety, what exactly is the purpose of even keeping it within the same Bless IP?

I understand the purpose of building the IP and world building and all that, but if the game hasn't been popular from the jump, is this resurrecting a dead horse?
    I am going to call my new zeppelin the Hindenburg two, what could go wrong?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    EponyxDamormaskedweaselultimateduck[Deleted User]infomatzMrMelGibsonDakerukitarad[Deleted User]Dhamon99and 2 others.
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749

That's what I was wondering, too. Bless (and Neowiz at this point) both have very negative connotations associated with them given the recent disaster; as such, neither of these names carry any positive vibes. It makes no sense to launch a new, second game under the same IP when the first one still has such massive issues and is teetering on having a near-extinct player base.

Bless their hearts.
    maskedweaselMadFrenchieMrMelGibson
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Epic (a much better company): No, Fornite development will not take away from producing content for Paragon.

What happened to Paragon again?

I mean even BR mode is taking away time from the game's original mode 'save the world' so I wouldn't be surprised if that eventually gets scrapped since it was supposed to be f2p earlier this year yet no word.
    Sabrac
  • kosaboykosaboy Member UncommonPosts: 50
    I bet it becomes just a badly done port to the xbox. Grab that pre order cash and bounce!
    AlexanderVendi
  • Jammer480Jammer480 Member CommonPosts: 2
    The reading comprehension of some people... it's a different dev team on a different engine with a different publisher built from the ground up for console. I hear the sound of pc players being bitch-slapped...
    CryomatrixalaadarjimmywolfinfomatzDakerugearchin13
    edited August 2018

Jammer480 said:

The reading comprehension of some people... it's a different dev team on a different engine with a different publisher built from the ground up for console. I hear the sound of pc players being bitch-slapped...

Yeah cause divisions within the same studio dont have other people from other teams work on various projects. Again look into how Paragon met its end before trolling people, Mr 2 post. The exact reason was because Paragon devs were being pulled from that project to help with fornite and Epic is again a much bigger studio than Neowiz. I will bet money that they are just saying this will be a MMO just like Dark and light tried to for years before turning into whatever those 60man realm things are. At the very most, Bless Unleashed will end up being another shared-world title, otherwise, why say MMO and not MMORPG?
    jimmywolfMrMelGibson
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,821
    edited August 2018

To be launching next year this will have been in development for years now.

So, the money, time and effort to remove or change anything that makes it a Bless Online game isnt worth it at this point.

I guess they are hoping(and praying) the average console MMO gamer is unaware of the negative press and word of mouth surrounding Bless Online PC or doesnt care.
    maskedweaseljimmywolf
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

You can check out the first screenshots and feature set for Bless Unleashed below.

• A Visually Stunning MMORPG Experience – Utilizing the Unreal Engine 4, the game brings
      unparalleled visuals and deep gameplay mechanics which offer one of the most beautiful
      MMORPGs built for a console platform.
    • Combo-Driven Gameplay – Survive a menagerie of mythical beasts and other players with
      deep and rewarding combat system that features skillful combo mechanics coupled with
      action-oriented combat with dodging. A progression system handcrafted for online play and
      an integrated players-vs-player (PVP) mode provide added challenges and rewards at every
      turn.
    • An Immersive Fantasy World – Dive into an open persistent world with a rich backstory and
      an intricate plot as players uncover divine secrets on their journey to defeat the return of an
      evil goddess.
    • A MMORPG Built for Modern Consoles – Built from the ground up to be a comprehensively
      and robustly supported live service, every aspect, from story to combat to skill progression,
      has been carefully crafted with the console experience in mind.
    • Classic Fantasy with a Twist – Choose between five classic fantasy jobs, including the
      arcane wielding Mage or the bloodthirsty Berserker. Travel the world in search of the truth
      about the gods with other adventurers and experience a personal brush with divinity.
    1 / 4
    MikehainfomatzMrMelGibson

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    Let me guess.

They'll suddenly do a lot of what people asked for, people will flock to the game like the crazy drones they are and then they'll bust out the P2W and problems in an attempt to move people back to Bless Online, which will have gone F2P and "had the issues fixed".
  • elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426

The only reason I could think of is that they plan to reuse art assets from Online into Unleashed.
    maskedweaselMrMelGibson
  • 123ffxiv123ffxiv Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Like was said above they just need to scrap online and release this on pc. If they hit home the fact this is from a different team on different engine people would probably go for it. They could offer those that bought into Bless Online the equivalent in the new game.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited August 2018
    My Xbox One X is ready. :wink:
    DragnelusMrMelGibson
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Wow all the noobs in this thread arguing about a game few care about.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    We can't get one game ready for launch, so let's try to make two games ready for launch. Maybe that will be easier.
    RoinMadFrenchie
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Asch126 said:

Let me guess.

They'll suddenly do a lot of what people asked for, people will flock to the game like the crazy drones they are and then they'll bust out the P2W and problems in an attempt to move people back to Bless Online, which will have gone F2P and "had the issues fixed".

Whoa whoa whoa. No one is flocking to anything with the name Bless attached to it.

Joined - July 2004

• angaelsangaels Member UncommonPosts: 47
    The Devs must have been laughing on the inside the whole time during that event saying how great Bless on PC was going to be while holding close to the vest the knowledge of the UE4 release on console next year... The old bait and switch.. We have two teams working on both games so PC version won't suffer is just industry speak for 'we split up the team cause there isn't much we can do with the PC version anyway'
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited August 2018
    Bandai Namco is awesome. Katsuhiro Harada is incredible, but since this is basically a Neowiz thing AGAIN (call it a subsidiary all you want). I'm calling fail sauce Pt. 6.

Console shall feel the pain that PC felt. Next stop... Bless Mobile! *EVIL LAUGH*
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Bandai Namco is awesome. Katsuhiro Harada is incredible, but since this is basically a Neowiz thing AGAIN (call it a subsidiary all you want). I'm calling fail sauce Pt. 6.

Console shall feel the pain that PC felt. Next stop... Bless Mobile! *EVIL LAUGH*
    Well its announced. Keep in mind all those years ago that AERIA games of all people had announced they were publishing Bless Online only to pull out. Its always possible Bandai can do the same.
    Octagon7711
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    edited August 2018
    Actually nvm why do I bother?
    Harbinger of Fools
  • sycogenesissycogenesis Member UncommonPosts: 86
    I lost all faith in this company simply because all they had to do was fix the core game breaking issues that ruined the games economy in other regions and act proffesionally, but they didn't do that it wasn't even the optimization that pushed me away it was the latter
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    Zombie game keeps on coming back again and again.
    [Deleted User]Sabrac

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Probably because they don't have to do everything starting with nothing but ideas. Like ESO the ideas are already there all they have to do is created another version. Plus a lot of people have heard of Bless, for better or for worst, and would check it out hoping that it's better then the MMO just because they like the theme, imo.
    maskedweasel

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    edited August 2018
    Hoped in bless last night, it had improved a lot functionally wise. Less lag, DC's for me at least

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!