Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now people are begging for money to create demos

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
As if it wasn't failure enough for most of these "developers" to beg for money for complete games, now they're begging for money to make demos for games.  Thank God I only put about $100 into Kickstarter games before I caught on to the scam.

https://massivelyop.com/2018/08/22/roleplay-centric-project-oasis-world-fails-to-fund/

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Not news.  COEs kickstarter was basically to build a prototype to use to attract outside investor's to build the actual game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    as long as they are upfront about it I don't care. its the customers choice to part with there money
    Sovrath
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
     “Project Oasis World is a new MMORPG that aims to create a living, breathing online world. Our unique player run economies are what make Project Oasis stand out in the MMORPG world. Imagine hundreds of players interacting with each other in a free open world sandbox environment. You choose who you are, what you wear, how you get around, how you earn your living, how you spend your free time. Your only goal: to live.”

Reads like the same shit promises as CoE.
    They promise you everything - they have absolutely nothing.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Pemmin said:
    as long as they are upfront about it I don't care. its the customers choice to part with there money
    Agreed, and clearly in this case customers chose not to.

I think some gamers are finally catching on.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    There needs to be a better way to get quality ideas into the hands of someone who can do something with them.
    MadFrenchie

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    So then don't give them money?  Problem solved.
    Sovrath
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    So then don't give them money?  Problem solved.
    Marketing is too convincing these days.  That won't happen.  When you can raise 1000s of dollars for things like potato salad or a guy simply wanting to rent a sky banner for himself, this idea that "consumers should just not" is pie in the sky.  A certain percentage of folks will always get sucked into the marketing hype.

I'm sure snake oil salesmen would've loved a group of consumers blaming those purchasing the oil instead of blaming the salesman for misleading folks about said oil.
    Kyleran