Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'd like to play but...

tenchymuyo2tenchymuyo2 Member CommonPosts: 3
I just bought this game yesterday, installed it, go to create account- Invalid authentication key.  Tried it several times, but no go.  My only guess is, they cleared all the old keys from their database, and this copy I purchased had been sitting on the shelves forever.  It was the only copy in the store.  (Best Buy)

I wrote Blizzard, then I read on a faq page about what I have to go through to get this key working.  I don't.  I get another key, either buy swapping out the game at the store for another one (IF they let me), or pay $10 for Blizzard to do it for me.  This is my 4th MMORPG I've played and I've never had a problem with the key, nor seen the horrible manner in which discrepancies are solved.  Its their screwup.  Why should I have to do all the leg-work?  I've read on many pages what horror stories others have had in dealing with their support people.  

Comments

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    go back to the store u got it from and tell them

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501
    Aye, it is the shop screw up and you should let them know about it as soon as possible. They MUST give you another working copy.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• AshkentAshkent Member Posts: 772

I had that happen with AC2 (what was i thinking, right?)

the guy at the store was suspicious of me but let me trade it in for another copy though.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822
     I had something like that happen when I purchased COH. Also happened that it was the only one in the store too. I got home and it wouldnt let me create an accounnt either. Then I looked at the box more closely and I could tell the tape on the box wasnt retail...someone had opened it and used the key apparently. So I took it back and exchanged it with minimal problems other than the department manager having to approve me getting a new copy.
  • DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
    That sounds like a classic, heard it plenty of times.

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "