Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Special Edition with Brad McQuaid and Chris Perkins - Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Videos - MMORPG.c

13»

Comments

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    This arrow debate needs it's own topic. If I didn't know better, I would think that's the only thing they discussed in the interview!
    maskedweasel
    --------------------------------------------
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Mendel said:
    Amathe said:
    Sovrath said:
    Amathe said:
    Sovrath said:
    Amathe said:
    I wish they were not dispensing with arrows. I remember in EQ taking out my fletching kit and making my own ammo. That kind of thing made me feel like a Ranger and to me was fun. This feels like one of what may yet be many steps to come where old school mechanics hit the cutting room floor.

I'm pretty sure real archers didn't carry 1000+ arrows!
    I never carried 1,000 arrows either.
    I'm thinking along the lines of Lineage 2 where archers would carry that and more.

So "how many arrows did you carry in Everquest?"
    In Everquest a Ranger had a quiver to store arrows. I generally kept my quiver full, with perhaps some extra arrows in one of my regular bags. 

How many extra I needed depended on what I was doing (and for how long). For example, if I was just xp grinding I only used the bow to pull, so I would likely be using cheap basic arrows in my quiver. The extra arrows in my bag were more powerful/situational ones in case I came across a named mob or wanted to switch mainly to range damage.

Figuring out what arrows to take with you and how many was one of the decisions a Ranger or other arrow user had to make.

Later, there were AA abilities like endless quiver (which I never had) that allowed you an endless supply of arrows, but you still choose a type of arrow to use and would carry many different kinds for different purposes.

But of course there is no need if you are just relying on a pew pew button. :(

I am puzzled why VR comes up with a feature where you have to equip various things to protect yourself depending on weather, and that has been generally well received so far (in discussions), but having situationally different arrows (and the ability to craft them) is unfun and tedious?
    Some of the decisions they are making seem strange to me too.

Arrows were the only reason to worship Karana.  Those came along way too late, though.

I don't see anything strange about it, call me crazy, but they only said they don't want people having to craft basic arrows, they didn't say anything about crafting special arrows.  You still would have to craft certain types of arrows for certain situations.  

I don't think this is some kind of "carebear" situation that somehow makes things easier, just less tedious. Lets say you're traveling to the icy north and want fire arrows for the yeti or whatever, you still need to craft your ample supply of them, but in the off chance you get there and there are 200 yetis and you only crafted 50 arrows, they aren't penalizing you for using regular arrows.  I don't think this makes anyone OP.. if you want to craft better arrows, it doesn't sound like they are stopping you.

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414
    This arrow debate needs it's own topic. If I didn't know better, I would think that's the only thing they discussed in the interview!
    Yes we haven't even Started the bow string discussion yet!
    WellspringLackingMMO

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch