Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alpha Signup, First Preview, New Screenshots

XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/new-product/game/new-world-3682676/

Amazon are striking a very brave path into a sub-genre of MMO that has seen some real disasters but also some legendary triumphs. Star Wars Galaxies, Ultima Online, Shadowbane and Eve Online are all games set in stone as the real foundation for the MMO sandbox genre.

There haven't been many attempted by larger companies in the past few years because the risk is too great for the potential reward, but with Amazon Studios stepping into the ring with some extremely impressive first footage we could well see a AAA sandbox MMO in the next few years. No word on a release date yet but considering the impressive state of the pre-alpha build, it's not a million miles away but it's certainly not round the corner either.

I was very impressed by what I saw and I'm very excited to see which direction the game takes next. All aboard the hype train.

https://www.newworld.com/news-2/index.html#news1

Be one of the first people to set foot on a mysterious continent, join a Company and work together to claim territories, build thriving settlements, fight off player bandits, and push back the dark and wild forces that occupy the land to leave your mark on history. Adventure, exploration, and opportunity await you on Tera Vitae Aeternum.

During Alpha, you will be able to share your feedback by playing the game or joining the New World community. Your feedback and insights will help guide decisions and inspire ideas that will shape New World. We are committed to collaboration and communication as the only way forward and are eager to have you join us.

Explorers wanted. Enroll Now.

FAQ

How do I sign up?

Please visit link to register for Alpha and to receive email updates.

What are the Official New World channels?

You can find us @playnewworld on TwitchFacebookTwitter, and Instagram.

How can I share my feedback about the game?

Join us at alphaforum.newworld.com to participate in discussions with other testers and the game team.

What are the system requirements for the game?

We recommend the following:

• Processor: Intel Core i7-2600K/AMD Ryzen 5 1400

• Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD Radeon R9 390X or better

• Memory: 16GB RAM

• Storage: SSD

• DirectX 12 and Windows 10 or better

• Hard Drive Space: 35GB

• Internet connection required

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

Comments

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    NIce very easy sign up too 
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    edited August 2018
    Really? Every link took me to my Amazon page with a "Currently Unavailable" notice.... Does that mean I'm already signed up for Alpha?

Reading further down, which I wasn't prepared to do before, I see you have to hit the "Email Me" option, and that does it.

If I really want to be a good Alpha tester for a new game like this, is there a 'Bible' for testing I should follow?

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    "PvP seems to be at the very focal heart of the game and currently when you die you drop all of your gear which can then be looted by other players. "

Pass.
    ScarranTheocritus

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Wait I full loot drop PvP? Oh dear this gunna be edgy.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    edited August 2018
    Looks like I'll be running around naked with sticks in my inventory....and one in my hand.....  >:)

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Gutlard said:
    Looks like I'll be running around naked with sticks in my inventory....and one in my hand.....  >:)

Gut Out!
    hopefully there justice system scares the pvpers from killing to much

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Amathe said:
    "PvP seems to be at the very focal heart of the game and currently when you die you drop all of your gear which can then be looted by other players. "

Pass.
    MaxBacon said:
    Raxeon said:
    Gutlard said:

Gut Out!

While killing other players is possible, it will be discouraged by a criminal justice system that we sadly weren't given details of yet, but we do know there will be bounties that can be placed on a player's head. These sort of features allow the introduction of emergent gameplay where the players create the content for themselves. With criminals with bounties on their heads comes bounty hunters, harking back to the old PK (player killer) vs Anti-PK days of Ultima Online.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    XAleX360 said:

While killing other players is possible, it will be discouraged by a criminal justice system that we sadly weren't given details of yet, but we do know there will be bounties that can be placed on a player's head. These sort of features allow the introduction of emergent gameplay where the players create the content for themselves. With criminals with bounties on their heads comes bounty hunters, harking back to the old PK (player killer) vs Anti-PK days of Ultima Online.

It's likely the similar thing to LiF MMO, the PvP has consequences anyway but it's open world possible and frequent enough if you aren't watching out
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    The whole "UO open PvEvP" thing isn't my cup of tea but I'm interested because of Amazon.  Ultimately I prefer my games to be focused, as inevitably PvE or PvP suffers as a result of trying to juggle them both.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Non-voluntary PvP with full loot?  Yay, I'm so happy I could shit...
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Amathe said:

Pass.
    Its not like there aren't a thousand PVP based out already......
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    XAleX360 said:
    Amathe said:

Pass.
    MaxBacon said:
    Raxeon said:
    Gutlard said:

Gut Out!

lol that works never...Anti PK days of UO I got killed constantly pre Trammell.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Combat better be solid if they plan on making any of this work.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯