Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What game are you playing on your PC now?

Comments

• VestigeGamerVestigeGamer Member UncommonPosts: 518
    I'm currently (right this very second) playing "forum sweeper", where I randomly choose topics and see if I hit any bombs...

VG

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     UO still after 20 years ....

Bards Tale Trilogy 1

Some...

Star Traders Frontiers

Gran Skrea

Torchlight 2 after its recent announcements

Phaserlight
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    BFA , Heartstone, Madden 19 (feel embarrassed to say that here like i will be shunned by the real gaming nerds)  Star Traders (For nerd credibility)
    Scorchien
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

edited August 2018
    thunderC said:
    BFA , Heartstone, Madden 19 (feel embarrassed to say that here like i will be shunned by the real gaming nerds)  Star Traders (For nerd credibility)
        Lol yes Star Traders will redeem your nerdness..

Tell me Thunder does madden 19 have a good career and coaches set up ( as in you just call the plays , draft ,trade etc ) thru the years ..
    Scorchien said:
    thunderC said:

Tell me Thunder does madden 19 have a good career and coaches set up ( as in you just call the plays , draft ,trade etc ) thru the years ..
    I play offline franchise (1 season or 2)  and the game is gigantic flaming turd, but if you like NFL its obviously your only choice thx to EA.  As far as the mode you are asking I dont personally play multiple seasons in coach mode but from what i read on Madden forums that part of the community is dissapointed year after year and this year seems to be no exception. I mean its all there, the calling the plays, the draft trading ect ect but from what i understand Madden never seems to quite go as deep into the sim aspect of that mode as the community wants. MUT ie the trading card packs for real cash is there bread and butter now and thats where the majority of their focus seems to be. But hey at least Madden is back on PC this year :)
    Scorchien
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    thunderC said:
    Scorchien said:
    thunderC said:

I play offline franchise (1 season or 2)  and the game is gigantic flaming turd, but if you like NFL its obviously your only choice thx to EA.  As far as the mode you are asking I dont personally play multiple seasons in coach mode but from what i read on Madden forums that part of the community is dissapointed year after year and this year seems to be no exception. I mean its all there, the calling the plays, the draft trading ect ect but from what i understand Madden never seems to quite go as deep into the sim aspect of that mode as the community wants. MUT ie the trading card packs for real cash is there bread and butter now and thats where the majority of their focus seems to be. But hey at least Madden is back on PC this year :)
    Can you be more specific on the gigantic flaming turd comment.  I usually get a used copy from gamestop, play if for a few days and take it back because it blows. 

The last few games seem to have been stipping more and more out of franchise and only adding MUT.  I understand that MUT is supposed to generate nearly a Billion dollars by itself, but I wish they would not abandon all for it. 

I think last season they took away the ability to see player attributes on the FA page.  Did they fix that? 

Is the game even worth picking up used with the option to return later.  I don't want to waste my time.  Last year felt like a complete waste of time. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

MMOman101 said:
    thunderC said:
    Scorchien said:
    thunderC said:

Can you be more specific on the gigantic flaming turd comment.  I usually get a used copy from gamestop, play if for a few days and take it back because it blows. 

The last few games seem to have been stipping more and more out of franchise and only adding MUT.  I understand that MUT is supposed to generate nearly a Billion dollars by itself, but I wish they would not abandon all for it. 

I think last season they took away the ability to see player attributes on the FA page.  Did they fix that? 

Is the game even worth picking up used with the option to return later.  I don't want to waste my time.  Last year felt like a complete waste of time. 
    I was being dramatic, Its not the worst its ever been but if you didn't like last year i can't recommend this year either. The run game is VERY difficult and this real player motion is laughable as your running back will often do spin or juke move at the worst possible times, when it does work its very cool and realistic looking . Passing is tough too but if you dont force anything you are ok minus Robo LB which is back. WR/DB inetractions are pretty cool though with alot of new animations.

To be honest im really enjoying madden this year but its mostly due to the fact its on PC and in Ultra wide its stunning, graphically, well sorta. There is is also this weird lighting issue that makes some stadiums super dark.

As far as whether you should buy, i could only recommend this game if you are a very big NFL fan otherwise NO, Not only because EA are scumbags but more so because the game has its issue's. Nothing has changed in franchise and Madden still chases a game from 2005 in NFL2K5 when it comes to presentation.

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

thunderC said:
    MMOman101 said:
    thunderC said:
    Scorchien said:
    thunderC said:

I was being dramatic, Its not the worst its ever been but if you didn't like last year i can't recommend this year either. The run game is VERY difficult and this real player motion is laughable as your running back will often do spin or juke move at the worst possible times, when it does work its very cool and realistic looking . Passing is tough too but if you dont force anything you are ok minus Robo LB which is back. WR/DB inetractions are pretty cool though with alot of new animations.

To be honest im really enjoying madden this year but its mostly due to the fact its on PC and in Ultra wide its stunning, graphically, well sorta. There is is also this weird lighting issue that makes some stadiums super dark.

As far as whether you should buy, i could only recommend this game if you are a very big NFL fan otherwise NO, Not only because EA are scumbags but more so because the game has its issue's. Nothing has changed in franchise and Madden still chases a game from 2005 in NFL2K5 when it comes to presentation.

I am in a big NFL fan. That is why I would get the game.  I usually do franchise for multiple seasons so if the franchise mode is crap (FA not showing players attributes for example) it just makes the game a lot less fun to play.  The game play has been suspect in my mind since they implemented the frostbite engine. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

I'm still playing Sims 2 and occasionally Minecraft.  Never switched to Sims 3 but I'm hoping EA will fix their bad rep with Sims 4.  Would be nice if they could do something right for a change.

So what are you playing on PC now?

I am not playing any game right now. I am posting on this forum. ;)

Amathe

Let's party like it is 1863!

thunderC said:
    Scorchien said:
    thunderC said:

Aight , thx for that , and was a friad it was more of the same in that regard ,its a real shame the NFL throttles the indies , because games like ..

and
                https://store.steampowered.com/app/765560/Pro_Strategy_Football_2018/                        

Really deliver great Franchise/Coaching modes but are held back on licensing , its really a lose/lose/lose situation .. The indie Devs lose , the consumer/fan lose and the NFL themselves lose ..  Even as an EA stockholder ive made the suggestion of loosening the hold in conversation but its been met with a wall..

JeffSpicoli
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    • Monster Hunter World
    • Diablo 3
    • Waiting for the Divinity Original Sin 2 Update
    • Borderlands 2
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    WoW, Counter Strike Global Offensive, Street Fighter 5, Rainbow Six Siege, Conan Exiles, Minecraft

Started a playthrough of The Silver Case a couple days ago, it's super good for a visual novel from the 90's remastered on steam.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    The Bard's Tale 1 remastered. And Dark and Light.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Monster Hunter World
    No Man's Sky
    ESO
  • JavisoJaviso Member UncommonPosts: 23
    World of Warcraft! Also Order of Battle: WWII, Stellaris, Pillars of Eternity II, PUBG. Not enough time. I need to retire soon so I can game full time!
    Also part of my rotation: The Division, Hearts of Iron IV, Crusader Kings II, Company of Heroes 2, Starbound, ESO and LOTRO.

PC Gamer | OTG | Content Creator | Tolkien Fanatic | Yudansha | Professor | Technologist | Historian | 26.2 | Cat Whisperer

Follow/connect with me:

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    I've just been playing Darkest Dungeon lately as I haven't had too much time for much else.

However, this Bard's tale remaster has me intrigued so I think I can try that this weekend. Monster Hunter will have to wait.
    Scorchien
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:
    I've just been playing Darkest Dungeon lately as I haven't had too much time for much else.

However, this Bard's tale remaster has me intrigued so I think I can try that this weekend. Monster Hunter will have to wait.
    If your a Darkest Dungeon fan put ... Deep Sky Derelicts on follow or buy and support ..

Really good game DD in space ,  Now i will say it is a bit early unless you are one that enjoys testing and feedback , but it is in EA and coming along nicely this past year , But has a ways to cook yet before its done ..

https://store.steampowered.com/app/698640/Deep_Sky_Derelicts/

lahnmirJeffSpicoli
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Scorchien said:
    Sovrath said:

If your a Darkest Dungeon fan put ... Deep Sky Derelicts on follow or buy and support ..

Really good game DD in space ,  Now i will say it is a bit early unless you are one that enjoys testing and feedback , but it is in EA and coming along nicely this past year , But has a ways to cook yet before its done ..

What an excellent suggestion, thank you!

Currently installed on my PC:

Hard West
    WoW: BfA
    Bless Online (yeah, yeah)
    Grim Dawn
    Destiny 2
    No Mans Sky
    Torchlight 2 (tried for the 20th time, still not feeling the magic

Mostly playing on my Switch atm which will only get more with Monster Hunter releasing next week...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Scorchien said:
    Sovrath said:

Thank you put it on my wishlist on Steam right away.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited August 2018
    Currently installed:

Prey
    BfA
    HotS

Generally, I don't play more than a few games actively at a time.  I got my singleplayer, story-driven, and FPS covered by one title, my competitive multiplayer covered by another, and my MMORPG itch covered by the new expansion.  Life's good for this gamer right now. :sunglasses:

thunderC said:
    MMOman101 said:
    thunderC said:
    Scorchien said:
    thunderC said:

ran out and picked a used copy up at Gamestop.

So the running is a joke.  They gave me the Jags against Eagles and Fournette, with 91 had like 3 yards on a DE and suddenly the DE had the rocket pack.  It seems like they are still doing that.  The defense just has super speed when beat.

I will give it more of a try, but right now I am pretty sure this game is going back soon. 

--John Ruskin

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Just started playing Boundless.  A fun exploration/crafting game MMO.  The biggest shocker.... The community isn't toxic.  They're helpful and disagree with courtesy.  I felt like I really was on an alien world.
    AlverantSovrath[Deleted User][Deleted User]

I self identify as a monkey.

• BananableBananable Member UncommonPosts: 194
    edited August 2018
    Im currently playing interesting game.
    You can play the way you want in this game.
    You can take arrow to the knee.
    Drink skooma.
    And steal sweetroll.
    Yes, im not joking, that game is actually exist...   

Just dont forget to use staves.

They have staves for everyone. Even if you are warrior or rogue.
    Everybody likes staves. Yay!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Awesome necro, 5 plus years.  
    URMAKER

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon