Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Explorers Wanted As Alpha Sign Ups Open + a Hands On Report Published - New World - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    The world aims to feature up to 1000 players at this moment in time, although the tentative goal was tens of thousands at some point.

Wow. An actual MMO.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    edited August 2018
    Ignore this. It was already answered.
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    edited August 2018
    ...so....effing....done......with pre-betas, pre-alphas, pre-conception, pre-inception buggy and broken piece of shit "releases". finish your friken games before releasing them already. tks bye.
    boris20
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    xniax3 said:

SBFord said:

Gotta say that this was unexpected. Pretty amazing!

Blah, Your posts are always the same. THIS IS AMAZING! You're a middle aged woman playing a robot, now go away.

That came out douchebag left field.
    boris20
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Hurrah large-scale MMO project at once \o/
    It would be Windows 10 if they are doing it native on DX12, it won't be compatible with previous versions.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    I just can't be arsed about all these survival sandboxes that pops up nowadays.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
    Shaigh said:
    I just can't be arsed about all these survival sandboxes that pops up nowadays.
    Isn't it the opposite? What we lack is actual sandbox survival MMO, not the typical small-scale server-based endless titles around, but something truly large, persistent and in the scale of thousands of players in the same game-world.
  • omicron009omicron009 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Wow, finally a MMORPG worth playing! Guild territory control, PvP, looting, true open world, open skill system, yep that checks everything on my wish list. Can't wait!
  • Drakon88Drakon88 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    If it lives up to what they are saying then this will be the experience I have been waiting for in a game. I can already imagine myself playing this for many hours and enjoying every minute of it.
  • RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    edited August 2018
    I cannot believe it, a big developer willing to bring to life a type of game genre that so far only had poorly executed indie games try to tackle it?

Give me that Triple A quality Darkfall, oh yes please!
  • hail2dathiefhail2dathief Member UncommonPosts: 232
    How do you sign up? Every time I click one of the 3 places you’re supposed to, to go sign up for alpha, it redirects me to the sale page for new world on amazon.com. Where do I sign up?

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    How do you sign up? Every time I click one of the 3 places you’re supposed to, to go sign up for alpha, it redirects me to the sale page for new world on amazon.com. Where do I sign up?
    you click the notify by email on that page
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499

Leiloni said:

Win 10 lol wtf? They have an 8 year old CPU that came out years before Win 10 was a thing, and a several years old GPU, but we all need to have upgraded our older computers to the completely awful Win 10. Glad I'm not into this game anyway. I'll hold out with Win 7 as long as I can. Glad all my games still let me play with that.

Not sure why anyone would hate win 10. Barely any difference than win 7, and just as solid. Only thing I didn't like was forced updates but they've toned that down and at least let you pick times now. Not sure why you would stick with win 7 now that it's pretty much unsupported and win 10 was a free upgrade? DX12 etc is going to be pretty necessary very soon.
    Sovrath said:
    Leiloni said:
    Win 10 lol wtf? They have an 8 year old CPU that came out years before Win 10 was a thing, and a several years old GPU, but we all need to have upgraded our older computers to the completely awful Win 10. Glad I'm not into this game anyway. I'll hold out with Win 7 as long as I can. Glad all my games still let me play with that.
    Windows 10 is a great operating system "with the exception" of its intrusive Cortana and suggestions for movies and whatnot.

And that can be turned off if you do some internet sleuthing as it's f'ing annoying.
    Cortana showed herself once on first install, never heard from it again.  
    TacticalZombeh
    edited August 2018
    Leiloni said:
    Sovrath said:
    Leiloni said:
    Windows 10 is a great operating system "with the exception" of its intrusive Cortana and suggestions for movies and whatnot.

And that can be turned off if you do some internet sleuthing as it's f'ing annoying.
    It's not even that. I have it at work and they must have Cortana turned off because I've never seen it. But there's a TON of things that are buggy, or work differently, or just don't exist compared to Win 7. It's the little everyday things you need or use and for a long time after we got Win 10 at work I was just irritated, trying to do what I had to to adjust and figure things out. I don't need to go through that headache at home where all I use it for is recreational activities. Win 10 is a shitshow designed for tablets but used primarily on PC. Worst design decision ever.

I legitimately had a running list of problems in an email chain with this one IT guy. Some things they could fix and were mind boggling as to why they didn't work to begin with. Some things were just "features" that are completely dumb. Honestly I'm re-reading this email chain I had with IT and it's so stupid. I could type forever because that's how much went wrong or just works differently in completely unhelpful or downright problematic ways.Not doing all of that by myself at home.
    Some people just have an inherent ability to break anything technology related or be confused by a working product.  Not sure that can be helped.  I'm designated tech support for all my friends but one or two of them I just cringe when they ask for help.  If a computer was a wet paper bag, they couldn't fight their way out of it.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Dvora said:

Leiloni said:

Not sure why anyone would hate win 10. Barely any difference than win 7, and just as solid. Only thing I didn't like was forced updates but they've toned that down and at least let you pick times now. Not sure why you would stick with win 7 now that it's pretty much unsupported and win 10 was a free upgrade? DX12 etc is going to be pretty necessary very soon.
    Just set your connection to metered and the forced updates are taken care of as well.