Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW 1-59 is totally awesome

OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894
WoW 1-59 is a great game despite the EQ-like leveling system. The world is so detailed and interesting that it makes up for the lack of better game play.

At 60 WoW becomes a pathetic EQ clone where the only activities require several hours most of which are spent waiting. Wait in queue to login. Wait in queue to PvP. Wait in IF / OG for your raid to form. Lame.

From 1-59 you play your class. At 60 you play your role.   

What gives? Maybe I'll resub when the expansion hits the shelves... but I doubt it. The servers are still unstable! It's been forever since release and the game goes down more often than... things that go down fairly often.

No, you can't have my stuff.

Comments

• MorningriseMorningrise Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by OldManFunk
    WoW 1-59 is a great game despite the EQ-like leveling system. The world is so detailed and interesting that it makes up for the lack of better game play.

At 60 WoW becomes a pathetic EQ clone where the only activities require several hours most of which are spent waiting. Wait in queue to login. Wait in queue to PvP. Wait in IF / OG for your raid to form. Lame.

From 1-59 you play your class. At 60 you play your role.   

What gives? Maybe I'll resub when the expansion hits the shelves... but I doubt it. The servers are still unstable! It's been forever since release and the game goes down more often than... things that go down fairly often.

No, you can't have my stuff.

Yeah I've finally given up on the game myself.  Unsubscribed a couple weeks ago.  I'd hoped the game would even have the slighest speck of PvP focus, unfortunately it's just another bloated dog turd, another fish in the mediocre ocean of PvE "we're just going to pretend we shouldn't be playing console games and continue to hold back the MMO genre" games, not even going to pay attention to what the expansion holds

level 60 = Game Over.

better luck next game Blizzard, even you were bound to make a bad game
  • AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    game at 60 is better then 1-59 man.. i gate leveling hence y i like guild wars so much :)

• HotcellHotcell Member UncommonPosts: 279

You gotta be kidding... at 60 there' s only GRIND!

Grind reps, bgs, honor, gold....... everything is a grind...

I agree 1-59 leveling process in WoW is simply the best. I wish it was longer..

• oliverc4oliverc4 Member Posts: 199

Originally posted by Aseenus
    game at 60 is better then 1-59 man.. i gate leveling hence y i like guild wars so much :)

I agree on this...lvl 60 is not the end of the game in WoW it is just the beginning of the best play in game..

--------Signature---------
    starting a new journey may not be so hard,
    or maybe it has already begun.
    There are many worlds,
    but they share the same sky --- one sky, one destiny.

http://mmorpg.qj.net/category/World-of-Warcraft/cid/325

• madfragerismadfrageris Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by Morningrise
    Yeah I've finally given up on the game myself. Unsubscribed a couple weeks ago. I'd hoped the game would even have the slighest speck of PvP focus, unfortunately it's just another bloated dog turd, another fish in the mediocre ocean of PvE "we're just going to pretend we shouldn't be playing console games and continue to hold back the MMO genre" games, not even going to pay attention to what the expansion holdslevel 60 = Game Over.better luck next game Blizzard, even you were bound to make a bad game

WoW is still a great game, despite the lack of thing to do after level 60. In my opinion, Blizzard made a huge success, bear in made this company doesn't have any previous MMO experience. Anyway, this hooked you for a while. For me, PvP isn't the most important thing in the game, it just spices it a little.

My screenshot gallery.

• RealmreaverRealmreaver Member Posts: 380

Let's face one thing... ALL MMO's are a grind some easier like WoW some harder like EQ...

Problem is for me is the journey to 60 was so much fun that I hate the fact it ended.. when I was in beta I was warned about leveling so fast so I took my sweet time (took me 6 months casually to hit 60 with my first Night Elf Hunter Realmreaver.) The problem is if people do NOT like to raid there is very little to do but socialize since PvP (in battlegrounds at least) is as much if not moreso a grind as raiding.

They tried to find us other things to do but it is of no use. The trip was great and like any MMO you suddenly hit a dead end .. at that point doesn't matter what you do be a casual or raider.. you either hit an unpassable wall if a casual player or you will hit the wall after obtaining the best gear... and for what? another patch to come out giving you an additional grind?

Good grief !

Give us world pvp back. Make it where those whom wish to fight in world pvp MUST wear balanced set of pvp gear where all is as balanced as possible for a level 60 (anyone lower end does not need to meet this requirement as we all know the most imbalanced gear is for level 60's alone.)

Make the gear reminicent of the classic Warcraft series and let's have some F U N! At level 60 I much rather fight a player that MIGHT be better than me then run 500 MC raids for gear against mobs I memorized for no other reason than to waste time till the devs release another stupid tier set. Keep that uber gear for the battlegrounds.....

Realmreaver formally of EQ, SWG, FFXI and WoW.

Malis/Pirotess of PSO.

Some named of Diablo 1 and 2 =)

Grendel Kinguard of GW.

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894
    WoW is a great game. Until 60.

Blizzard doesn't care about PvP balance. 200g Crusader enchant in 10-19? YOU BET!

Every MMOG is a grind. WoW's 1-59 grind is fairly fun because of the amount of detail that Blizzard put into the game world.

At 60 the game becomes stagnant because there is nothing left but the grind. The EXPLORATION of a fantastic, detailed world that took you from 1 to 60 hits a wall and the game falls flat on its face.

WoW is a better EQ.

WoW isn't that revolutionary holy grail of a MMOG that makes you want to quit real life, though.

Queue, crash, queue, deserter, wait, queue, crash, curse... whee.
  • deftechdeftech Member Posts: 16

WoW is a great game, it just caters to masochists that put loot above any other gaming experience. As a person that loves PvP I would definitely agree that the game really shines through 1-59. This is simply because you are still exposed to world PvP.

Instanced BG's don't even deserve the title PvP and they really suck the life out of the end game. After 4 level 60's I run through the same monotonous routine every week. Some days I raid...and the rest are spent farming materials for raiding.

WTB Classic Mordred

• SusanowoSusanowo Member UncommonPosts: 15
    WOW is a game for noobs first timers nothing more.

• RealmreaverRealmreaver Member Posts: 380

Originally posted by Susanowo
    WOW is a game for noobs first timers nothing more.

I came from FFXI, EQ and SWG... I REALLY suggest you stop walking into that wall of stupidity you love so well.

Out of all those games I love WoW best... tho the early days of SWG was better SOE ruined that game hardcore since.

Realmreaver formally of EQ, SWG, FFXI and WoW.

Malis/Pirotess of PSO.

Some named of Diablo 1 and 2 =)

Grendel Kinguard of GW.

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

WoW isn't that revolutionary holy grail of a MMOG that makes you want to quit real life, though.

That's the reason why I still enjoy WoW. Blizard made more of a game, than an experience. I find the game very relaxing and extremely fun.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• Mills3Mills3 Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Aseenus

GW doesnt have a monthly fee so it isnt that good
  • HitmanX46HitmanX46 Member Posts: 7
    Yep, I canceled my subscription a little over a month ago.  Level 60 was just straight up lame.  PvP was repetetive and felt so much like a grind that i sighed when it was PvP time.  Raids could last up to 7+ hours, only to find I was "building up rep" with my guild so I could get some loot after another 40 hours of raiding with them.  Screw that.

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

Originally posted by IcoGames

That's the reason why I still enjoy WoW. Blizard made more of a game, than an experience. I find the game very relaxing and extremely fun.

Odd, one of the reasons that I quit WoW is because at 60 you have to quit real life in order to advance and I felt that the game wasn't worth throwing my real life away for.

I take it you don't have any high rank PvP characters and have never done any MC+ raids.

I suppose you can grind faction casually... if grinding on the same mob for a few months is your thing and you don't mind falling behind in equipment (ie: don't mind losing in pvp and don't join any high end pve groups that can actually accomplish their goals).

Unfortunately I prefer my MMOs to be both games as well as social experiences. When either part dies I give up on the MMO and move on. The game part of WoW died at 60. The social part wasn't ever really there other than chatting with guild members... and I can do IRC / IM / email for that.