Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why cant I start topics on some gaming forums?

MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
edited February 2017 in Site Suggestions
I checked Naval Action and Ashes of Creation both are locked.
There is no way to start a topic as a member on this forum, why is that?

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Not enough badges....I had no problem.  ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    edited February 2017
    He has 16 badges and 612 posts.  That's far beyond any reasonable threshold to try to block spammers.  And even if that were the cause, why allow creating threads here?

It doesn't let me create a thread on the Ashes of Creation forum, either.  The whole row that contains the New Discussion button is completely missing.

This seems like a question for the Help Desk forum, not The Pub.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    yeah, I can't make new threads there either. Can reply to them though

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited February 2017
    Kyleran said:
    Not enough badges....I had no problem.  ;)
    I figured you just bought the Founder's Tier 2..  Oh wait, we're talking about MMORPG.com forums, not crowdfunded, official game website forums.

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Similarly, all the game development forums do not allow the creation of new threads.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Similarly, all the game development forums do not allow the creation of new threads.
    There are a number of game developers who visit this website, is it possible that game development forums are limited to actual developers creating new threads? :o
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited February 2017
    Phry said:
    There are a number of game developers who visit this website, is it possible that game development forums are limited to actual developers creating new threads? :o
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/461165/so-the-story-begins/p1

He was able to make a thread there. Unless he is a shill for the game and is actually a developer/part of the team lol

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    edited February 2017
    The game dev forums were not supposed to be visible. I can make threads in Naval Action, but not Ashes of Creation. Not sure what's going on there. Will talk to Ben about it on Monday.

Anyone else unable to make threads in Naval Action/Ashes of Creation?
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    All you post 2005ers are weak in the forum-force. :p

MurderHerd

This should be fixed now. Please let me know if you're still encountering any issues.
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    MikeB said:
    The game dev forums were not supposed to be visible.
    ???

Those forums are pretty horrible and contain a ***load of bad ideas.

But I've definitely been able to post there in the past.

And whats the point of having them if they're not visible ?

• Ben_Retr0gradesBen_Retr0grades Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I can't create a thread on this forum. Wanted to start a 'youtube videos inspired by MMORPGS" thread cos I can't find any.
    I can't create a thread on this forum. Wanted to start a 'youtube videos inspired by MMORPGS" thread cos I can't find any.
    @Ben_Retr0grades @Frode789 try now.
  • personthing111personthing111 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Hey all, sorry this is probably not where I should be posting this (but it seems kinda related ish) but I wanted to start a forum post on this site (it doesn't matter where) I can't figure out how to do it anywhere... Am I being blind as to where the start a new discussion button is or do I need to have achieved some level of through commenting on other peoples' posts before I can start my own. As you can tell I am very new.
    Hey all, sorry this is probably not where I should be posting this (but it seems kinda related ish) but I wanted to start a forum post on this site (it doesn't matter where) I can't figure out how to do it anywhere... Am I being blind as to where the start a new discussion button is or do I need to have achieved some level of through commenting on other peoples' posts before I can start my own. As you can tell I am very new.
    Try now.
  • TryperTryper Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Hello.

Same problem here. Just created account, wanted to create thread on Albion Online forum, but can't create any threads. Any help?

Thank You.
    Tryper said:
    Hello.

Same problem here. Just created account, wanted to create thread on Albion Online forum, but can't create any threads. Any help?

Thank You.
    Try now!
  • LugoVinzentLugoVinzent Member UncommonPosts: 4
    @MikeB same problem here
  • LowellsandersLowellsanders Member UncommonPosts: 134
    @MikeB I also experiencing the same issue that i can't be able to post or start a new thread?
    What could be the problem?
  • redlink1979redlink1979 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    edited August 2018
    I just created an account and I'd like to advertise/promote my ESO guild but I can't create a thread... Why this happens?
    "If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"
  • ForsakenworldForsakenworld Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Hello.

Thank You.
    Mikester19
  • Mikester19Mikester19 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Hello, 

Same here, I'm trying to find where can I create thread but I can't seem to find the option 
    Hello, 

Same here, I'm trying to find where can I create thread but I can't seem to find the option 
    Try now.
  • pizzaguyindeedpizzaguyindeed Member UncommonPosts: 5
    same here
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited June 2019
    Same hassle right here. Just created account, desired to create thread on Albion Online forum, but can't create any threads. Any assist? 
    Not for a fucking spam advertiser like you.
    Post edited by Grunty on
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams