Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vault-Tec Presents: Laying the Cornerstones! Crafting and Building Video - Fallout 76 Videos - MMORP

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageVault-Tec Presents: Laying the Cornerstones! Crafting and Building Video - Fallout 76 Videos - MMORPG.com

Bethesda has released a fun and informative new video "presented by Vault-Tec", a kitchy 50s look at how survivors of a nuclear war will be able to reestablish a functioning society.

Read the full story here

Relampago

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I can't help myself. I L.O.V.E. these videos! :D

L ove the
    O ver
    V iew of
    E VERYTHING!
    RelampagoMrMelGibsoninfomatz

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• FinvegaFinvega Member RarePosts: 260
    Yup. Been saying for a long time, these dev teams should be doing cgi movies. They have the ability to tell a story, create stylistic art, generate action and dialogue, etc.
    SBFord
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I liked the first few but these 'vague' information videos aren't giving proper information.

It's quite humorous that they are using an old fashioned propaganda spoof as real propaganda.

It's totally working too.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Well the video answered one question,  where will we store our "stuff. "

Sort of a portable base that we can grow and take with us.

Helpful.  Also the game will have mining, hopefully to replace the missing vendors and keep us from going crazy from constantly having to scavage and salvage junk all the time, especially freaking aluminum.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Like the video
    Like building
    Don't like shiny videos with zero relevant info
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

SBFord said:

L ove the

O ver

V iew of

E VERYTHING!

Meh, I admit they are funny, but I'd rather have concrete game information rather than a comical piss take campaign. Though that could just be my fault as I made the mistake of recently watching The Atomic Cafe, The Day After, Threads, and When the Wind Blows, in one sitting. Those films combined with the unexpected sleepless night that followed really soured my outlook there being anything funny or twee about a nuclear apocalypse.
    There's very little funny in the actual games, they do a good job of portraying the horrors of a post apocalyptic era.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Kyleran said:

SBFord said:

L ove the

O ver

V iew of

E VERYTHING!

Meh, I admit they are funny, but I'd rather have concrete game information rather than a comical piss take campaign. Though that could just be my fault as I made the mistake of recently watching The Atomic Cafe, The Day After, Threads, and When the Wind Blows, in one sitting. Those films combined with the unexpected sleepless night that followed really soured my outlook there being anything funny or twee about a nuclear apocalypse.
    There's very little funny in the actual games, they do a good job of portraying the horrors of a post apocalyptic era.

Though they did miss the mark in that they missed that Macho Man Randy Savage is actually the harbinger of the apocalypse.  Luckily, an enterprising modder fixed that for us all. :D 
    Kyleran