Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Explorers Wanted As Alpha Sign Ups Open + a Hands On Report Published - New World - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageExplorers Wanted As Alpha Sign Ups Open + a Hands On Report Published - New World - MMORPG.com

New World News - The New World site has come to life with the great news that developers are looking for explorers to sign up for alpha testing and become "one of the first people to set foot on a mysterious continent". There is no word on when alpha testing will begin, however, the system specs have been revealed.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Gotta say that this was unexpected. Pretty amazing!
    MadFrenchieMrMelGibsonxniax3Rain_DeathravenLaviota

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• InebriatedSkunkInebriatedSkunk Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Man, I would sign up for the alpha but my rig can't handle those requirements. Oh well, I just hope the crypto-craze dies down so GPUs can become affordable again
    SBFordzsaz1029ThupliMrMelGibsonPanserbjorne39Rain_DeathravenLaviotametareal
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Unexpected indeed; New World would appear to be very real and very much alive.

Going forward it will be interesting to see what Amazon charge. Could it be included with Amazon Prime?
    SBFordmetareal
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I barely make the cut with the requirements! However, it's an alpha, so I assume the reqs will widen at least a little as they optimize.
    metareal

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Man, I would sign up for the alpha but my rig can't handle those requirements. Oh well, I just hope the crypto-craze dies down so GPUs can become affordable again

From what I'm reading that's not a thing anymore. It's "safe" to go GPU shopping again.

Source:Market Watch

Everyone can start crying about how artificial intelligence and deep learning processing is making prices high now.

In regard to New World, I'm interested. I had signed up for alerts from announcement day.
    SBFordInebriatedSkunkmetarealinfomatz
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Moms_SpaghettiMoms_Spaghetti Member UncommonPosts: 15
    edited August 2018
    My hopes of it being an mmorpg are almost gone with the info on their site. Seems like it's gonna be another ark style game.
    JamesGoblinKyleraninfomatz
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Full loot pvp mmo.  

Octagon7711devlonboy36
  • RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Looking forward to it.
  • Bacchus169Bacchus169 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I see no way to sign up for the alpha there, am I missing something?
  • Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538

Unless I did it wrong, you go to the site linked in this article. On that page, there is a link that will take you to the Amazon site, where you click on the "Email Me" button.
    JamesGoblin
  • Moms_SpaghettiMoms_Spaghetti Member UncommonPosts: 15

You gotta be logged into your amazon account, then an "email me" button appears. Click it
    JamesGoblinMrMelGibsoninfomatz
  • RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445
    I was logged in mobile browser and mobile app.  Did not see an email me button.
  • Bacchus169Bacchus169 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Hmm, the Email Me button just seem to set up an alert email for when it is available to buy.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Did they just ask, "How can we have the smallest target audience possible in an MMO?" Sounds like an MMO/survival hybrid.

"PvP seems to be at the very focal heart of the game and currently when you die you drop all of your gear which can then be looted by other players. This does mean that the gear your acquire is not very difficult to get, but there will be more powerful gear that offers a greater risk for a potentially larger reward. You might be more powerful and effective in combat, but if you die you will lose that powerful set of equipment."
    https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/new-product/game/new-world-preview-3682676/
    ThourneKyleranRich84MrMelGibsonLeilonimetarealinfomatz

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• mandros56mandros56 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    My rig is more than ready and so am I!
    Yoofaloof
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited August 2018
    Unfortunately.....I am excited....Where's Bill?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Did they just ask, "How can we have the smallest target audience possible in an MMO?" Sounds like an MMO/survival hybrid.

"PvP seems to be at the very focal heart of the game and currently when you die you drop all of your gear which can then be looted by other players. This does mean that the gear your acquire is not very difficult to get, but there will be more powerful gear that offers a greater risk for a potentially larger reward. You might be more powerful and effective in combat, but if you die you will lose that powerful set of equipment."
    Make me wonder if they did this full loot pvp thing because they know the have a crappy content team working on it. So grab all the money you can as quick as you can.
    ThupliOctagon7711
  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757

It seems they think they can make the masses like the game regardless of putting in elements that have been rejected by great portions of the MMORPG player base.
    I doubt they will be any more successful than any other team that has similarly deluded themselves.

NasaKyleranMrMelGibsonLeiloniOctagon7711SpottyGekkoPeskyGobstopper3DTacticalZombeh
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    an i7 2600k? That old thing is still going strong. What a great chip
    Haha alpha for a new MMORPG from AAA studio and you pick out the chipset!  Your hardware nerd is showing. :D 
    MrMelGibson

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    didn't see any mention of how magic works in this game.
    Leiloni
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

This is why I don't play survival games and why I haven't raised my hand for 1999 style game mechanics. I don't have fucking time in my life these days to regather or recraft gear over and over after I die so I can go back to playing the game, so pass for me. At least there are plenty other MMOs without annoying mechanics like this to play.
    KyleranThupliMrMelGibsonPanserbjorne39LeiloniPsym0nOctagon7711TacticalZombeh
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    My hopes of it being an mmorpg are almost gone with the info on their site. Seems like it's gonna be another ark style game.
    This is also what i seek,a deep game that i can spend a lot of time and uncover explore a lot.Now a days games are sent out as fast as possible ,too fast,little effort put into them,get them out quick to start making money.
    NO classes,yeah no kidding,no effort either.Everything this game is doing i already have in aged games that DO have classes.
    So seems Amazon is puling an Arena.net claiming to be different,set apart fro the rest yet doing the same thing only with less effort.
    Creating classes takes a LOT more work/effort,specialized quests for classes,specialized gear for classes,instead lump them all together to whip out a game faster.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Get back to me Amazon when you are SERIOUS about creating games and not just looking to make a quick fast buck.A new age game if trying to be actually different should take a minimum of 7 years to make.Even a HQ single player game should take around 4 years,these guys are trying to pull a Smedley and sell us some half baked game.
    Octagon7711

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    edited August 2018

Wizardry said:

This is also what i seek,a deep game that i can spend a lot of time and uncover explore a lot.Now a days games are sent out as fast as possible ,too fast,little effort put into them,get them out quick to start making money.
    NO classes,yeah no kidding,no effort either.Everything this game is doing i already have in aged games that DO have classes.
    So seems Amazon is puling an Arena.net claiming to be different,set apart fro the rest yet doing the same thing only with less effort.
    Creating classes takes a LOT more work/effort,specialized quests for classes,specialized gear for classes,instead lump them all together to whip out a game faster.

They are different in the sense they use Twitch as a launcher, are integrating Twitch content because they own it which sets them apart from everyone else. If you predicted in your own mind what different is that's on you, not Amazon or Arena Net for that matter.

Folks expectations are doing more damage than reality and daily in some special cases.

Edit: Added following:

Hmm, the Email Me button just seem to set up an alert email for when it is available to buy.
    AGS use Twitch as the launcher and your Amazon account is tied to your Twitch account so ye it might seem odd. Hope you got it ok!