Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My.com Steps In to Reassure Players About Intrepid's Creative Control - Ashes of Creation - MMORPG.c

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageMy.com Steps In to Reassure Players About Intrepid's Creative Control - Ashes of Creation - MMORPG.com

Ashes of Creation News - My.com's Voker Boenigk visited the Ashes of Creation Discord channel to reassure concerned fans that the company is in full support of Intrepid's creative control over the game. In a lengthy statement, Boenigk said, "My.com has primarily published traditional Free-to-Play titles from predominantly eastern developers, and we are looking forward to this partnership with Intrepid exactly because they have a vision that is different from the titles we already have in our portfolio".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    While I've been convinced that this was the agreement made between the two from the get-go and am not concerned over any ostensible P2W aspersions, I think that Intrepid should have made this part of the announcement from the start.

Oh well. Much ado about nothing. I am convinced.
    GaladournConstantineMerusKyleranMadFrenchieAngreeegamerJamesGoblinMrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    All I read was standard corporate BS which has no real value.
    TokkenAntimakkenSabracWraithoneRich84Gdemamikenguru23Tuor7SpottyGekko[Deleted User]and 2 others.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    I liked the look of the game at first, losing interest with every news bit.
    [Deleted User]Gdemami
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    I'm sold
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Lol My.com steps in....cause yeah that'll help.
    chocolate42069alkarionlog[Deleted User]Siuginfomatz
    I find it funny when people really thing publishers actively want to destroy a game. It's business after all, if the deal with Intrepid says no intervention on the payment scheme then so it is.
    ConstantineMerusSoki123WraithoneViryaMagnumPCIinfomatz
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    edited August 2018
    I've dealt with My.com in the past. I can only see this as bad news. My.com may not make it p2w, but they definitely are lazy, clueless, and greedy – to say the least.
    chocolate42069TokkenSabracWraithone[Deleted User]ViryaSiugGdemamikenguru23JamesGoblinand 1 other.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543

SBFord said:

While I've been convinced that this was the agreement made between the two from the get-go and am not concerned over any ostensible P2W aspersions, I think that Intrepid should have made this part of the announcement from the start.

I imagine you were also convinced by EA whenever they say they'll change and listen to feedback.
    ConstantineMerusPanther2103FeralLokiMargraveSBFordGaladournchocolate42069djnj2000Soki123Sabracand 9 others.
  • hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    RIP ashes of creation. You guys at Intrepid are STUPID to go togheter with My.Com! Most P2W and game raping company in history!
    [Deleted User]
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Asch126 said:

SBFord said:

I imagine you were also convinced by EA whenever they say they'll change and listen to feedback.

Oh please. I believe in waiting to see what happens rather than burning the house down before I know a damned thing. FFS.
    Galadourn[Deleted User]ConstantineMerusalkarionlogOnisDEWraithoneAngreeegamerMagnumPCIkinkyJalepenoJamesGoblinand 1 other.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    SBFord said:

I'm just surprised that a guy who made a fortune in multi-level-marketing would make such a misstep with the marketing here.   He of all people should understand the value of perception.

KyleranTokkenWraithoneesc-joconnor[Deleted User]GdemamiTuor7

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• dinogndinogn Member UncommonPosts: 46
    edited August 2018
    Pretty much all recent p2w has been told to not be p2w before release, and we all know what will happen.
    AlexanderVendiTokkenSabracRich84[Deleted User]Siugkenguru23infomatz
    Asch126 said:

SBFord said:

You can be cautiously suspicious based on your previous experience, but being convinced at this stage when all we have is announcements of intention is almost bordering on paranoid.
    AngreeegamerVirya
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    This rather puzzles me, why can't you hire servers in the Europe, and just run the servers from the US? Why do you need a whole new layer of administration?
    YoofaloofTokkenWraithoneRich84Siug
  • KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    I think it would have been in their own best interest to be straight forward with this kind of information before (quote, underline) folks invested in it as a crowdfunded project. Games like this get hacked through the galaxy and back again and I have very little confidence this will be taken care of efficiently. with this news.

Not paranoia, just facts after a decade of playing mmorpgs.

KyleranTokkenOyjord

Scot said:

This rather puzzles me, why can't you hire servers in the Europe, and just run the servers from the US? Why do you need a whole new layer of administration?

GDPR, among others
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    dinogn said:
    Pretty much all recent p2w has been told to not be p2w before release, and we all know what will happen.
    That is because by now we call everything P2W as soon as it has a cash shop...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Kyleran
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• sausagemixsausagemix Member UncommonPosts: 96
    I dunno. Any time I deal with anything with .ru attached to it I end up with a virus, money laundering or a puppet president, sooooo.....
    KyleranOyjordalkarionlogWraithonePeskymcd6993SiugTuor7SpottyGekkoJamesGoblinand 2 others.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    lahnmir said:
    dinogn said:

/Cheers,
    LahnmirProblem is this company sucks and will continue to suck with P2W. I ll stay far far away.

Galadourn said:
    Asch126 said:

SBFord said:

You can be cautiously suspicious based on your previous experience, but being convinced at this stage when all we have is announcements of intention is almost bordering on paranoid.
    Your first post in this thread was "I'm sold"
    Then you call a guy paranoid because "all we have is announcements of intention"

Oh the irony.

GaladournTokkenWraithone[Deleted User]SiugTuor7JamesGoblininfomatz

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Soki123 said:
    lahnmir said:
    dinogn said:

/Cheers,
    LahnmirProblem is this company sucks and will continue to suck with P2W. I ll stay far far away.

I know My.com, I've played both Allods and Revelation Online. Actually, Allods now has a subscription only server, unfortunately the population is over on the F2p cash shop one. And Revelation Online? Don't get me started...

My point still stands though.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Galadourn said:
    Asch126 said:

SBFord said:

Then you call a guy paranoid because "all we have is announcements of intention"

Oh the irony.

Well, the good news is we can wait and see how it all shakes out and decide whether or not to buy in after release next year.

Oh wait, some of you can't,  unfortunate.

;)
    TokkenManWithNoTanTacticalZombehTuor7infomatzAsch126

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Galadourn said:
    Asch126 said:

SBFord said:

that a bit extreme but you will get my point easily could have done it with anything who give almost the same result of an action before it happens, that you know the result.

that like a person who put his hand in the fire, get hurt, try again, get hurt

maybe this time, get hurt

that like you say to him, he should not know what will happen if he do it one time again, give the fire a chance it will not burn him, hope it will be different...

sometimes in life, when you see the same pattern, happen again and again, you know what will
    happen before it happens again, and this doesn't make a person, borderline paranoid.

it makes the person advised and smart.

my.com got a 100% track record to burn everything they touch you can be that guy
    who think it will be different this time, but you will get burned.

hell, if peoples take a bet I would

the game will be p2win in a few months after releases, everyone will know it at this point
    but will you be on the side of the peoples who get fooled and lose their money, got their hope crushed, don't believe it happen again to them? MMORPG publisher would stop do that if peoples would stop fail from their way to make money with MMORPG players.

because yes, they change if they lose money, they run business and they are there to make money, the most money possible.

[Deleted User]alkarionlog
    Kyleran said:
    Galadourn said:
    Asch126 said:

SBFord said:

Oh the irony.

Well, the good news is we can wait and see how it all shakes out and decide whether or not to buy in after release next year.

Oh wait, some of you can't,  unfortunate.

;)
    LOL.  Truth be known I have not purchased a package.  I do however have plenty of credit.  Most likely I will have Steven cut me a check for that, but we will see.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Galadourn said:
    Asch126 said:

SBFord said:

that a bit extreme but you will get my point easily could have done it with anything who give almost the same result of an action before it happens, that you know the result.

that like a person who put his hand in the fire, get hurt, try again, get hurt

maybe this time, get hurt

that like you say to him, he should not know what will happen if he do it one time again, give the fire a chance it will not burn him, hope it will be different...

sometimes in life, when you see the same pattern, happen again and again, you know what will
    happen before it happens again, and this doesn't make a person, borderline paranoid.

it makes the person advised and smart.

my.com got a 100% track record to burn everything they touch you can be that guy
    who think it will be different this time, but you will get burned.

hell, if peoples take a bet I would

the game will be p2win in a few months after releases, everyone will know it at this point
    but will you be on the side of the peoples who get fooled and lose their money, got their hope crushed, don't believe it happen again to them? MMORPG publisher would stop do that if peoples would stop fail from their way to make money with MMORPG players.

because yes, they change if they lose money, they run business and they are there to make money, the most money possible.

If what you say comes true, in a few months the game goes P2W, whose fault will it really be, since Steven says he retains full creative control? 

Wait, is creative control the same thing as "financial" control. 

Oh that Steven, up to his old wordplay tricks once again.

Slapshot1188[Deleted User]GdemamiJamesGoblinSpottyGekko

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon