Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How does caffiene affect you?

reavoreavo Member Posts: 2,173

I don't think caffiene has the same effect on me as "normal" folks.

It's hard to explain, but when I drink it I feel like my brain starts misfiring?  It takes me longer to learn stuff, remember things, and to just think in general.  Plus it makes me feel sort of dizzy.  Not like a silly kind of dizzy but a kind of scary sort of dizzy.

I know it might sound weird, but I was just wondering if anyone else has this same reaction to it and might know why?  I've heard that it is supposed to have the opposite effect than what it has on me.  Even a single cup of coffee makes me feel that way though.

Comments

• XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697
    u should probably see a doctor about that... either that or dont drink anything with caffiene.  personally caffiene doesnt really effect me, i dont even get hyper or feel less tired.  I can actually fall asleep after having a cup of coffee...

• reavoreavo Member Posts: 2,173

Originally posted by Xexima
    u should probably see a doctor about that... either that or dont drink anything with caffiene.  personally caffiene doesnt really effect me, i dont even get hyper or feel less tired.  I can actually fall asleep after having a cup of coffee...

Thanks.  You're right.
    I've though about seeing a doctor.  But I don't know what to tell him.  I mean, it's got to mean something.  I see everyone else enjoying a cup of coffee but when I drink one I feel like all the grey matter in my brain is on fire. 
    I've thought maybe it's triggering a mild seizure or something.  It's that strange feeling.  But then I do the typical guy thing and think I'm over exaggerating.

I appreciate your input.  I was hoping more people would answer too so I could get a broad perspective on it. 
  • porgieporgie Member Posts: 1,516
    Just do like I do.  Go see the doctor for something else then ask him a bunch of questions about other stuff while your there.  I get my moneys worth.  lol.

Drinking a cup of coffee calms me down.  It makes my thoughts clearer.  And gets me going in the morning.

Sometimes if I drink too much though I get really horny.  I don't know what that's all about.  But it makes my weiner shrink until it looks like a turtles head peeking out.   

-----------------------
    </OBAMA>

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

Caffeine only effects me when I'm not drinking it. I deffinitely drink too much, and I know it, because if I stop drinking it for more than a few days I start getting headaches until I have more.

But while I'm drinking it, it really doesn't make me feel any different.

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• kimmarkimmar Member Posts: 446
    It makes my stomach hurt when I drink it. 
    Not caffeine in soft drinks, but coffee.  For some reason coffee makes my stomach start burning like there is a cigarette on fire in muh belly.

Other than that, it just makes me want to talk really fast and goof off.  I don't feel like sitting at my desk when I drink caffeine.  I feel like wandering around socializing.  If I drink too much I get a tense neck and a headache.

I've heard it relaxes some people, but not me.  I get all wired and figgity. 

I think it's bad for guys prostates anyways.  Maybe staying away from it would be good.  Unless you want a softball behind your nuts keeping you from peeing when you get old.  Eeeewww...

=============================
    It all seems so stupid
    It makes me want to give up
    But why should I give up
    When it all seems so stupid