Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(from Reddit) Problems with mounts between horde/alliance in BFA

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/983th2/alliancehorde_reputation_and_zone_drop_mount/

and direct link to his Imgur album showing the problem with how Blizzard has done alliance as far as mounts go

https://imgur.com/a/tfKXnL9#xatbFim

Also, my friend over in Europe has already played through both horde/alliance questlines...so this isn't first hand knowledge. But he said the alliance quest lines didn't seem to have anything to do with BFA and only Drustvar was decent...but he thought the Horde was a lot more involved and better and actually had anything to do with BFA. But that could be he favors horde, but it isn't the first person I've heard say that.

The mounts do show more effort put into Horde though, at least on that front

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    edited August 2018
    I am not surprised to see discontinuity between the game team and the story team. We learnt from the interview from the Creative Director that the story team do not sit at the table when DLC decisions that effect story are made. They get a memo after the decisions are made "here is how the DLC will pan out, make that into a story, thanks."
    Post edited by Scot on
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited August 2018
    Alliance is, sadly, human dominated and horses are the "themed" mount for humans. Kul Tiras is a human nation with wild horses running all over. It makes sense for horses to be the mounts for Alliance on that continent.

The expansion is only 1/2 revealed with the stories on both islands, with another 1/2 of the tale to be told after the 2nd raid tier with Azshara as the end boss. 

Additionally, Jaina becoming the leader of Kul Tiras was a story that needed to be told -- the healing of the rift between she and her family. She is going to become the defacto "shade of gray" that the Alliance needs as it struggles with its identity later in BfA -- do they go with revenge or creating a peaceful world? The Alliance story has yet to be told so patience in all things, something I remind ALL Ally players as they try to point at BfA as a Horde-centric expansion.
    atonico

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited August 2018
    SBFord said:
    Alliance is, sadly, human dominated and horses are the "themed" mount for humans. Kul Tiras is a human nation with wild horses running all over. It makes sense for horses to be the mounts for Alliance on that continent.

The expansion is only 1/2 revealed with the stories on both islands, with another 1/2 of the tale to be told after the 2nd raid tier with Azshara as the end boss. 

Additionally, Jaina becoming the leader of Kul Tiras was a story that needed to be told -- the healing of the rift between she and her family. She is going to become the defacto "shade of gray" that the Alliance needs as it struggles with its identity later in BfA -- do they go with revenge or creating a peaceful world? The Alliance story has yet to be told so patience in all things, something I remind ALL Ally players as they try to point at BfA as a Horde-centric expansion.
    As for the mounts go. From the imgur link and reddit thread...they could have chosen far more appropriate mounts to each of the areas/factions in Kul'Tiras. Like, they could have chosen a bee mount (which you can actually ride on as a transport). One of the faction horse mounts for alliance doesn't even match the color of that faction at all (as seen in the imgur link)

There are also more unique horses they could have done...but they are literally re-skinned of each other and take assets from things that already exist. Horde get 100% unique mounts...alliance get re-skinned mounts that also re-use assets.

The only horse mount that looks decent is the collector's edition one. All the others in the game are re-skinned asset-copied designs compared to anything horde has. Didn't even make unique horses.
    El-Hefe

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

SBFord said:

As for the mounts go. From the imgur link and reddit thread...they could have chosen far more appropriate mounts to each of the areas/factions in Kul'Tiras. Like, they could have chosen a bee mount (which you can actually ride on as a transport). One of the faction horse mounts for alliance doesn't even match the color of that faction at all (as seen in the imgur link)

There are also more unique horses they could have done...but they are literally re-skinned of each other and take assets from things that already exist. Horde get 100% unique mounts...alliance get re-skinned mounts that also re-use assets.

The only horse mount that looks decent is the collector's edition one. All the others in the game are re-skinned asset-copied designs compared to anything horde has. Didn't even make unique horses.
    I guess it's much ado about nothing. People look for things to complain about. Once people are flying, no one will give a damn about ground mounts any more. LOL!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

For the record, I want a mule, hence why I'll be playing my Alliance character like 99% of players who have characters on both sides for just exactly that reason -- to collect mounts from both factions. ;)
    Scot

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    edited August 2018
    doesn't really bother me.. the mounts are usually just reskins anyway. they do seem to have quite a few that can drop in the zones that share looks with some of the faction specific ones though.
    SBFord

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    SBFord said:

OK sure, but that doesn't mean that some alliance horse breeders couldn't try to come up with faster mounts by cross breeding horses and some of the plethora of giant spiders that seem to infest Wow world does it? Eight legged, befanged, bug eyed horses for everyone!! Yay!! 

SBFord[Deleted User]
    @asheram The fuel of night....MARES  B)
    Asheram[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯