Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coop PVE shooter

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
Looking for a new coop PVE shooter after just finishing Valkyrie Chronicles again and purchasing a new monitor. 

I have played Destiny 2, and am not going to get the expansion that pushes the cap to 30.

I could not stand the bullet sponge of Division/Borderlands.  

Overwatch does not have a world. 

Tried Defiance 2050, and it basically the same game as the Defiance.

I have not played Warframe in a long time, but that just seemed like speed runs over and over when I did play it.

I know Anthem is coming at some point.

So are there any shooters out there with more open worlds that are primarily PVE focused that I have not played?  Has one of the above games changed enough that it makes sense to give them another chance, warframe is the only one I think might make sense to look at again.

Thanks in advance. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    Did not enjoy Warframe when I tried it recently. It can be quite bullet spongy as well, plus the world is mediocre in my opinion.

Warhammer Vermintide was great fun - it has a nice world and decent story. Not sure you would count it as a shooter, but it's the type of game people on these forums generally enjoy. Haven't tried the new one, but I've heard good things about it.
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431
    I hear ya man and pretty much agree on all fronts about the titles you listed.  

I partially agree with most that Bungie has been odd about its DLCs and expansions...a lot of it could have been provided with the base game.  Unsure if Ill get the expansion.

Totally agree about warframe.  Older game, pump out new guns and frames to level over and over, and behind the curve in terms of an 'open world'.  And yeah, alls it is speed runs...just fly through a map skipping every mob to get to the end.  Such a snore of a game.  5 years ago it was great.

Very much waiting on Anthem.

Oddly, PUBG has a 'world' feel to it sometimes. Big expansive map and you dont know who is lurking behind the rock a half mile in the distance waiting to blow your head off.

Outside of that...yeah, think we are void of open world shooter games at the moment.  Next big thing?  
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited August 2018

Based on the title I thought we were talking about chicken coops.
    rodingo
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760
    DayZ hahahah

I've got the straight edge.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Ghost Recon Wildlands

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    rodingo said:
    Ghost Recon Wildlands
    Didn't list this one, but I played it when it came out.  Not sure if there is much value going back to it.  I also played ME:A.  Tried playing that again, and stopped in 45 minutes.  I just don't think either have enough replay value to play them again.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Far Cry 5, Shadow Warrior 2
    I just added Shadow Warrior 2 to my wish list on steam.  I wanted do some more research before I decided if it was what I am looking for.  Can you provide some info on it.

--John Ruskin

laxie said:

Warhammer Vermintide was great fun - it has a nice world and decent story. Not sure you would count it as a shooter, but it's the type of game people on these forums generally enjoy. Haven't tried the new one, but I've heard good things about it.
    Played that for about ~20 hours before it got a bit too repetitive.  Talk about a gear treadmill.  Do the same maps so you can get better gear so you can do the same maps again, but this time on a harder level. 

--John Ruskin

• wielkipwielkip Member CommonPosts: 13
    Conflict Desert Storm 2 :smile: