Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some advice on what I should do

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
I am even ashamed to admit this which is dumb why should I? I shall stand proud .

Yes ladies and gentleman I have caved in and resubbed to WoW. I blame  my pesky son who showed me the new areas on his freshly boosted Warlock  and I was overcome by what I saw.

I did not however buy the expansion. The last expansion was Warlords of Draenor which my son got as a birthday gift and applied to my account. He finally got his own account but this WoW influence is so strong my husband who was just doing what he normally does while drinking tea (he watches me play whatever I am currently playing from Divinity Original Sin 2 or Path of Exile or his favourite No Man's Sky) suddenly said he wanted to play too. Great it's like a virus.

I suppose the boost in Draenor is gone right you can only use the boost while the expansion it was for is in effect right?

Anyway I decided to play the character I had made when the scaling went in, in January I think and I am now around level 25 but I am enjoying the quests so much .Yesterday I died 4 times to the quest chain in Redridge involving Bravo Company and the Elite orcs. The thing is I am now considering making just one other character but on Horde so I might experience both the sides of the story. I found that I can perhaps get some rested experience playing this way. 

In your opinion do you think it is a good idea to play one Horde and one Alliance character or do you think this might burn me out. Should I just play one character?

I must say though the number of people playing is amazing,it's packed and even in Redridge so many people. I myself have gone back to play so why am I surprised but nevertheless I am surprised to see so many people. The other thing I noticed although no one spoke in the LFD group. They went slowly and I had to work to keep the health up especially on the monk. Monk is a nuisance to heal. He was not even the tank but the way the HP dropped is alarming. I suppose the scaling has really made players think before rushing ahead which I must say is a fantastic improvement even if I am playing with zombies who refuse to talk. I don't do dungeons usually because I disliked how people ran headlong like headless chickens but I must say it was an improvement.

Don't have a guild yet but I will take time to get that but I wanted to play a Paladin on the Horde side but after reading how hard it was to heal as a Pally in lower dungeons I ditched that idea pronto. Although I do so enjoy the well armoured healer concept. I need dungeons just for gear not really the experience which I think quests are good for right now and more fun than the zombie dungeon runs. Pity really dungeons are personally why I play MMORPGs.
Chamber of Chains

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    WoW is one of those games where the real game is at endgame. Everything before that can certainly be enjoyable but most people are at the end and that's where most of the action is at.

I'd stick with one character until you get to that point because, like you said, you don't want to get bored before you get to the best content. What you are playing now is all very very old and the newer content is a massive improvement in terms of flow and presentation.. and storytelling. WoD, Legion and BfA questing is a hell of a lot more fun and interesting.

If you play for dungeons then it's the perfect game for you. Endgame is all about dungeons and raids. People will talk properly once you're doing the hardest content. LFD can still be a very unsociable experience sometimes though. Right now, at lower levels, you are probably doing dungeon runs with people who are likely not serious players. They are probably returning or new players just trying out the game. Before level 20 a lot of them might have been trial players. They tend to speak less.
    SirAgravaine
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I see your point. Thanks I will play the Alliance Priest then and get to the parts you say are an improvement to flow and presentation. Thanks for the help.
    Chamber of Chains
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    you died in WoW? while leveling? is it even possible? I started leveling from 1-120 like 2months ago, rn i'm 115 lvl but honestly I only died to falling dmg, content is so easy that you don't even have to think about what you are doing ...same goes to normal dungeons i did while leveling, it's one big joke...
    pantaro
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    kertin said:
    you died in WoW? while leveling? is it even possible? I started leveling from 1-120 like 2months ago, rn i'm 115 lvl but honestly I only died to falling dmg, content is so easy that you don't even have to think about what you are doing ...same goes to normal dungeons i did while leveling, it's one big joke...

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    edited August 2018
    kertin said:
    They were elites and you get one of Bravo Company to help and I can at least heal the guy and keep him alive but if you get more than 2 you're toast. Yes definitely I died and seriously are you trolling after the scaling thing you cannot outlevel the content. Best to ignore you. You're just one of those people who claim they play WoW just to slag it.

I played WoW until Burning Crusade and I don't recall these awesome quests at all. I have come back many times but never played very long so these series of quest that ended with the whole of Bravo dying was really well done. I enjoyed it a lot.

Edit: I checked this quest was introduced in Cataclysm no wonder I never did it. 
    Chamber of Chains
    edited August 2018
    I wondered can you level just doing quests and relying on quest gear. The pally is still something that I really want to play so if I cannot heal in a dungeon until I attain a high level and crit I would still like to level as Protection or Ret and then switch if I get to 110 by questing alone. I cannot play as a tank I suck at tanking I will not afflict a group with my terrible skills as a miserable tank. 

So I am asking if you can get by with quest gear and not get any gear from the dungeon. Is that even a possibility. Or should I take up blacksmithing and try my hand at crafting please advice. I really , really want to play a paladin on Horde side. Curious about the quests in Cata like the amazing Alliance  "In search of Bravo company " quest line on Horde side. Would be very happy to do them.
    Chamber of Chains
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    cheyane said:
    kertin said:
    They were elites and you get one of Bravo Company to help and I can at least heal the guy and keep him alive but if you get more than 2 you're toast. Yes definitely I died and seriously are you trolling after the scaling thing you cannot outlevel the content. Best to ignore you. You're just one of those people who claim they play WoW just to slag it.

I played WoW until Burning Crusade and I don't recall these awesome quests at all. I have come back many times but never played very long so these series of quest that ended with the whole of Bravo dying was really well done. I enjoyed it a lot.

Edit: I checked this quest was introduced in Cataclysm no wonder I never did it. 
    One of the missions in that series is stealth based, your not meant to be able to kill the mobs but have to use stealth and misdirection in order to complete the mission, if you get into a fight then chances of you dying are extremely high, if not certain. One of my favourites tbh, and you get to drive an apc with a maniac machine gunner, whats not to like  ;)
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    i died while levling my mage in Draeonor content doing an aoe pull :( those mobs are harder than anything , hell legion mobs have 1/4 the health and do way less dmg
    Phry said:
    cheyane said:
    kertin said:

One of the missions in that series is stealth based, your not meant to be able to kill the mobs but have to use stealth and misdirection in order to complete the mission, if you get into a fight then chances of you dying are extremely high, if not certain. One of my favourites tbh, and you get to drive an apc with a maniac machine gunner, whats not to like  ;)
    Yes I used stealth and I was in the middle of the camp when a roamer got me and second time I put the distraction in the wrong place and the third time I just ran the wrong way in panic and pulled a bunch and the last one was on the tower when I was trying to get out I could not aim the distraction outside the door. 

Yes I am a moron.
    Chamber of Chains
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    cheyane said:
    Phry said:
    cheyane said:
    kertin said:

Yes I used stealth and I was in the middle of the camp when a roamer got me and second time I put the distraction in the wrong place and the third time I just ran the wrong way in panic and pulled a bunch and the last one was on the tower when I was trying to get out I could not aim the distraction outside the door. 

Yes I am a moron.
    i think to escape you have to use chloroform on one of the guards, i could be wrong as its been a few years since i did that one  :p
    ahh the chloroform damn I forgot the chloroform
    Chamber of Chains