Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Sale/Event (Searing Plague) is now live:

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    New Lore Update:
    A portion of the infected have died off and no longer spread plague! Also, information is often the most critical weapon in an outbreak, and the Searing Plague is no different; all pledged players with a Tier 2 role during the event will receive the in-game item Treating Disease and Balancing Humors, a book of basic medical knowledge. Additionally, the knowledge spread by this act reduces the plague bar by 3%!

JamesGoblin

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    WOW! Looks like their game has really taken off and it is pure revolution no 3D required! Man I gotta had it to you guys this is fantastic.
    DakeruSlapshot1188JamesGoblinSpottyGekko
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    ArChWind said:
    WOW! Looks like their game has really taken off and it is pure revolution no 3D required! Man I gotta had it to you guys this is fantastic.
    Definitely a different spin on the concept of AR gaming, that's for sure.
    JamesGoblin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

No mocking Links of Elyria.  Graphics aren’t everything!   The draw of having to create new links for every single trade should not be underestimated!  When I made 36 consecutive links for 5 units of cure it was an amazing experience.  I mean... if we could have just made one link for 180 it would have felt so cheap.  Making us transfer 5 at a time made me feel like we bonded. The fact that I got to join Discord and hear some guy talk about hitting his bong while he was playing League of Legends just made it even more special.
    JamesGoblinKyleranDakeru

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited August 2018
    New Lore Update (Looks like people weren't playing Links of Elyria the way Caspien wanted so he is wiping everyone's chosen role and giving a do-over):
    ----------

Outbreak 50%: A lore event is triggered! The aristocracy struggles to contain the outbreak of the Searing Plague but, despite their best efforts, the infection spreads! The aristocracy, alongside nobles and those without a package, will generate plague each wave, starting with the next update! As the outbreak reaches previously unheard of levels, panic and uncertainty grip the populace: At the next update, all player roles will be reset and players who have earned roles must select them anew!
    ----------

I really hope he is learning from this fiasco.  If this happens on the live servers with an actual game it's going to be epic.

I still am unable to fathom exactly what is going on with all of this. 

Of course, perhaps my lack of interest in anything not related  to actual game development is part of the reason why?

;)
    MendelUngood

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:

Of course, perhaps my lack of interest in anything not related  to actual game development is part of the reason why?

;)
    This IS game development!  This event will influence the actual game world for hundreds of years!

Links of Elyria is the first step towards redefining the MMORPG genre into a MEOW! (Multiplayer Evolving Online World)

;) 
    Kyleran

Geez, I'm missing out, I'd better pledge now....

;)

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Kyleran said:

;)
    Don't pledge get a free account lol
    AnOldFart said:
    Kyleran said:

;)
    Its been my experience in life most "free" things are either worth what you paid for them or come with hidden strings, limitations and provisos,  often leading to higher costs in the long run.

;)
    Mendel

Kyleran said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Kyleran said:

;)
    Its been my experience in life most "free" things are either worth what you paid for them or come with hidden strings, limitations and provisos,  often leading to higher costs in the long run.

;)
    It is literally the same account for sale in the store for $45.  Honestly if I had put up money and bought one and they were now giving them away Id be pissed.
    Kyleran

edited August 2018
    Kyleran said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Kyleran said:

;)

;)
    It is literally the same account for sale in the store for $45.  Honestly if I had put up money and bought one and they were now giving them away Id be pissed.
    Probably discovered 95% of current customers were in for over a $100 already..

Someone keeps buying all the stuff in the store....

But first ya gotta hook em with the "free" account.

;)

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    Kyleran said:

;)
    yah.. waiting to see how this affects the lore of the game to be honest.. but gonna bet some doughnuts that Slap won't share any good stuff about this game.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Ungood said:
    Kyleran said:

;)
    yah.. waiting to see how this affects the lore of the game to be honest.. but gonna bet some doughnuts that Slap won't share any good stuff about this game.
    I’ve posted the “lore” updates above.

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    Lore at the very least involves some kind of story... so I must have missed it.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Ungood said:
    Likely it scrolled past the Links of Elyria spam. Don't worry.  We are eagerly awaiting the 25% cure milestone and the lore event it triggers!
    Just a few hundred more Links and we will get there.

We are at 24.7380% now.  The community is on the edge of their seats as the Plague bar is over 55% already.  We are betting that Caspien intervenes and something very good will happen at the 25% milestone which gives us hope!  If we can just make 2.1 million more links I am sure we can beat this thing!

Wellspring

It would be more interesting if people started having their accounts deleted for losing to the plague.

Hey, its a FFA PVP game, right? 

;)
    mklinicWellspringSlapshot1188AnOldFart

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Ungood said:
    Likely it scrolled past the Links of Elyria spam. Don't worry.  We are eagerly awaiting the 25% cure milestone and the lore event it triggers!

We are at 24.7380% now.  The community is on the edge of their seats as the Plague bar is over 55% already.  We are betting that Caspien intervenes and something very good will happen at the 25% milestone which gives us hope!  If we can just make 2.1 million more links I am sure we can beat this thing!

Is it really letting the community write the story, if Caspien intervenes to keep the plague from getting out of hand? Might as well just let Caspien write the lore and skip the charades.
    Mendel
    --------------------------------------------
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited August 2018
    Ungood said:

Is it really letting the community write the story, if Caspien intervenes to keep the plague from getting out of hand? Might as well just let Caspien write the lore and skip the charades.
    But then people won't pay money for the privilege of building the game world!
    KyleranWellspring
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    edited August 2018
    Ungood said:

I don't think that there was much possibility for community writing the story to begin with. It was already written by Caspien that people who never signed up for this web minigame and never participated created so much plague that actual participants had no chance decide the outcome. 

After that any result is written by Caspien. He's just a game designed who managed to neither create a game that would be resolved its players nor a game that would end up in a resolution he wanted.
    MadFrenchie

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Vrika said:
    Ungood said:

I don't think that there was much possibility for community writing the story to begin with. It was already written by Caspien that people who never signed up for this web minigame and never participated created so much plague that actual participants had no chance decide the outcome. 

After that any result is written by Caspien. He's just a game designed who managed to neither create a game that would be resolved its players nor a game that would end up in a resolution he wanted.
    The lack of participation indicates a large portion of backers are not actively engaged with the project.  At least, that's my understanding from what I've seen/read about this little event.
    Mendel

Vrika said:
    Ungood said:

The lack of participation indicates a large portion of backers are not actively engaged with the project.  At least, that's my understanding from what I've seen/read about this little event.
    The early estimates were 10% of account holders were active.
    MadFrenchie

Vrika said:
    Ungood said:

The early estimates were 10% of account holders were active.
    Well, if the main prize is a free "basic" account it's understandable why the backers might not be much motivated to participate.

Too funny. As predicted they now let you buy more items with real money to help fight the plague!!  Sorry, but I don’t know how even the most ardent supporters can defend blatant shit like this.

Cure 25%: As the race for the cure reaches the 25% mark, Vintner's Kits and Missionary supplies will provide game effects! Vintner's Kits will grant those who possess at least one with extra Purity Seals and reduces the Outbreak Bar at the daily 9am PDT reset while owning at least one set of Missionary Supplies will reduce the Outbreak Bar and increase the Cure Bar during the same daily 9am PDT reset. Finally, the Outbreak Bar will be reduced by 5%!

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    You have to admit.  This Caspien guy is doing more to entertain us this summer than most other forms of entertainment.  He's far behind the MCU, or the Incredibles, but he *may* be ahead of the DCEU.

Kylerananemo

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.