Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your impressions of BFA (Battle For Azeroth)?

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    thunderC said:
    xion12121 said:
    thunderC said:
    Drewwho said:
    War mode brought me back . I don't think I will be staying though , while I wasn't expecting real challenge from the mobs killing them is far too easy .I appreciate some people like this but I find it boring as hell .
    War mode, more like safe space mode , Everyone has it turned off. I Started the first day with it on and wasn't seeing any players, switched it off and server/shard is packed.
    That's because everyone is on opposite territories now.........
    Yes but you are also sharded (sharted) with your own faction who has it turned on so point being was ,no one on alliance had this turned on. First night i saw maybe 4 alliance players with it on, next night i saw 20-30 with it off. I'm not talking about how many horde i saw, obviously everyone is leveling on their island
    This is my experience too. And everyone before warmode/BFA release said it was gonna help PvP and make it better lol. Instead it just made most people turn it off...like they could before on non-PvP servers.
    With this system in place, I'd like to see them start creating objectives in the open world to encourage PvP.  It would make playing the game with the option on significantly different from playing it with the option off.
    TheScavengerLeiloniEponyxDamorlaserit

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I wouldn't mind PVP based World Quests tbh, a great incentive to duke it out. "The Battle For Tarren Mill" sounds awesome.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    MadFrenchie
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

lahnmir said:
    I wouldn't mind PVP based World Quests tbh, a great incentive to duke it out. "The Battle For Tarren Mill" sounds awesome.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    There were some in Legion iirc.  I'd like to see it expanded with unique map objectives like forts that could be fought over, but that only spawned for War Mode participants.  
    lahnmir

• axtrantiaxtranti Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Robokapp said:
     but that's definitely no longer the WotLK WoW which was the best theme park ever made back then.
    troll detected.

Is this the same WolK naxxramas that was cleared 3 days after expansion release? or the one-room ToC? 
    Yet the highest pop wow ever had was wotlk. Yet ToC had no trash mobs. Whether something is 'best' is subjective, but it is safe to say wotlk was one of the best wow expansions. You forgot to mention ulduar and ICC, by far one of the best raids ever created in wow. Now, that is a safe statement and quite the popular one.

asdasdasd

• MultibyteMultibyte Member UncommonPosts: 128
    I liked the visuals and the music. However, I wish Blizzard would put some effort into improving the leveling experience, it is terribly boring... It feels like it is 14 years old.
  • DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399
    edited August 2018
    I'm casually leveling a protection warrior on the Alliance side (lvl 112 now), and I have to say the open world mobs are the least threatening they've ever been in the history of WoW.

There are passive self-healing abilities you can put on your armor with the new Azerite abilities that get unlocked. When I chose just one of these healing abilities (heal when taking damage, 6 sec cooldown passive), I could go AFK fighting against 2 mobs and would never be reduced past 97% hp before being healed to 100% again every 6 seconds. So basically I can afk for an infinite amount of time against 2 mobs and never die. I can fight 7 mobs at once and come out with 100% hp if I use basic defensive abilities (no long cooldown abilities). If I used long cooldown defense abilities I could probably fight 20-25 mobs at once while solo, but you can't find that many in the same area to test this.

I do like some of the quests and areas, and the graphics seemed to slightly improved as usual, so there's some good stuff here, but the game is just so easy that you don't feel any sense of accomplishment for killing things. It's like killing a group of mobs is the same menial task as mining an ore node or crafting an engineering bomb.
    FrodoFragins
    Denambren said:
    I'm casually leveling a protection warrior on the Alliance side (lvl 112 now), and I have to say the open world mobs are the least threatening they've ever been in the history of WoW.

There are passive self-healing abilities you can put on your armor with the new Azerite abilities that get unlocked. When I chose just one of these healing abilities (heal when taking damage, 6 sec cooldown passive), I could go AFK fighting against 2 mobs and would never be reduced past 97% hp before being healed to 100% again every 6 seconds. So basically I can afk for an infinite amount of time against 2 mobs and never die. I can fight 7 mobs at once and come out with 100% hp if I use basic defensive abilities (no long cooldown abilities). If I used long cooldown defense abilities I could probably fight 20-25 mobs at once while solo, but you can't find that many in the same area to test this.

I do like some of the quests and areas, and the graphics seemed to slightly improved as usual, so there's some good stuff here, but the game is just so easy that you don't feel any sense of accomplishment for killing things. It's like killing a group of mobs is the same menial task as mining an ore node or crafting an engineering bomb.
    The passives are very powerful.  Most mobs don't break through my Azerite armor damage shield.  I also get 40 point bonuses to all my secondary stats so long as I keep a steady drip of combat going.
    EponyxDamor[Deleted User]

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    The questing hasn't changed much, if at all, from Legion.  Light these candles,  get my sewing kit from that bag over there on the other side of the room.  Give these clothes to the people standing right next to me that I could have given the clothes to (these are actual examples from the game of quests I did in Drustvar).  That kind of stuff.  I just saved the universe from Kiljaeden and you want me to get your sewing kit???  I feel weaker in both my Tank spec and my DPS spec while leveling (Demon Hunter).  By weaker, I mean it takes longer to kill stuff.  I'm not threatened by any mobs, unless I pull a ton.  The ART of the new zones is amazing, but the questing and azerite stuff feels booring.  Something else that's been bothering me...warglaives...they are dropping from mobs and/or quests in the new zones, despite there being absolutely NO Demon Hunter NPC's anywhere.  There were no warglaive weapon drops anywhere in the game prior to Legion, none in Legion due to artifact weapons, and now greens better than my Artifact Weapon now drop in these new zones.  If there are no Demon Hunters in Kultiras, why are there weapons for them?  I know it's a game, make-believe and all that, but glaring holes in immersion like that are noticeable/jarring.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Took three days to level to 120 with a friend. Did a few dungeons, unlocked WQ's and started grinding dungeons. It's exactly what I thought it'd be. I'll be bored by the time Uldir rolls around. 
    Signex
    Took three days to level to 120 with a friend. Did a few dungeons, unlocked WQ's and started grinding dungeons. It's exactly what I thought it'd be. I'll be bored by the time Uldir rolls around. 
    Anyone who locust-consumes the leveling process is going to be bored.  That's not even reflective of the game itself.  Consuming content at a rate like that means, no matter what game you wanna play, you're either grinding daily-type reptitive content or you're bored.  No dev will keep up with the rate at which you're burning through content.
    [Deleted User]

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    For those talking about it being too easy...and keep in mind I'm not there yet myself.

But from reading on the forums, classes in general (some are still "good")...become a night/day difference at 120 in how hard everything becomes. The game gets a lot harder at 120, though partly cause people don't have the OP endgame stuff they did in Legion.
    Signex

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited August 2018
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I think they have those actually. I'm not 120 yet but that's when they appear. Go to the spot on your map by the new main city and there should be a Horde or Alliance icon. That's the "PvP/War" outpost basically. They have "Call to Arms" quests to kill 10 of the opposing faction in a particular zone and then get a supply crate. You also get rewarded Honorbound rep for it as well which we'll need I think for flying as well as for Mag'har Orcs.

Also it seems that most non-PvP WQs, so PvE WQs, that award Honorbound Rep, are in the Kul'Tiras zones. So anyone who wants to grind that rep with Warmode on will definitely see some PvP. Otherwise people can grind it with Warmode off in the enemy zones and be fine.

I get the impression that since we're only a few days in, most people are still leveling or gearing up via dungeons. In a couple weeks I think we'll see things change and we'll see more PvP. Right now I'm just leveling and enjoying myself, but I have been wondering where the PvP is. However I think it's just that the playerbase isn't there yet.
  • SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Reached 120 in 2 days with my warlock, and yes stuff gets alot harder at lvl120. My pet seems to die incredibly fast now with 2 mobs at once. Before 120 i could take on 4-5 at once easily.
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
    edited August 2018
    Leiloni said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I think they have those actually. I'm not 120 yet but that's when they appear. Go to the spot on your map by the new main city and there should be a Horde or Alliance icon. That's the "PvP/War" outpost basically. They have "Call to Arms" quests to kill 10 of the opposing faction in a particular zone and then get a supply crate. You also get rewarded Honorbound rep for it as well which we'll need I think for flying as well as for Mag'har Orcs.

Also it seems that most non-PvP WQs, so PvE WQs, that award Honorbound Rep, are in the Kul'Tiras zones. So anyone who wants to grind that rep with Warmode on will definitely see some PvP. Otherwise people can grind it with Warmode off in the enemy zones and be fine.

I get the impression that since we're only a few days in, most people are still leveling or gearing up via dungeons. In a couple weeks I think we'll see things change and we'll see more PvP. Right now I'm just leveling and enjoying myself, but I have been wondering where the PvP is. However I think it's just that the playerbase isn't there yet.
    They had the kill 10 members of opposing faction in Legion, too.  I mentioned earlier that I wish they had done more to liven up the OWPvP by adding things like capturable objectives.

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Reached 120 today after finishing the last of the three new horde zone quest lines. It really didn't take long, just a few hours of casually playing. Starting the opposing faction zones now, though, as part of the War Campaign.

Its very ho-hum so far for me, but not anything that I didn't expect. I'm enjoying the story progress and evolution of the overall game world story. However, this is by far the *easiest* over world expansion play through I've ever been a part of. It seriously feels like a joke. AP passives alone are enough to prevent enemies from killing me no matter how long they beat on me. I play a Disc Priest and can easily pull 4-6 enemies at a time and kill them with DoTs without even having to worry about healing myself (no atonement).
  • RnjypsyRnjypsy Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Oddly enough, I don't think the making leveling fast is for "kiddies"....it is for the folks who like things hard.  They have no real interest in leveling, story, or game world, and push to mythic as fast as they can.  Once they have reached that they want their dungeons, silent, quick, and unremarkable..probably like their sex life :P
    [Deleted User]
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Anyone who locust-consumes the leveling process is going to be bored.  That's not even reflective of the game itself.  Consuming content at a rate like that means, no matter what game you wanna play, you're either grinding daily-type reptitive content or you're bored.  No dev will keep up with the rate at which you're burning through content.

Locust-consumes? Please don't make baseless assumptions. It took me three days at an average of about three hours per evening to hit 120. Unlocking WQ's took me about 15 additional minutes of questing. Three normal dungeons at 120 took about 1.5 hours. In all I've spent about 11 hours playing. 

I wasn't trying to disparage WoW by saying I'll be bored in a month. It's simply a statement of fact. I've been playing since Vanilla and have done the raiding/dungeons/PVP thing to death in WoW and in every other themepark MMORPG. 

I'm glad to see the new areas and the new lore. The gear/rep/daily grind does not hold my attention for long. 
    EponyxDamor[Deleted User]
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    Just to keep a little perspective on this... a player who was fairly well geared after Legion will face roll the new content because it is tuned for the guy that just hit 110 having done no raids or dungeons.

So yes, some folks are one-shotting stuff while others can barely stay alive.

Also keep in mind that during the locust rush (launch), most of the trash mobs are dead and not there to annoy you because there is a swarm of people killing them before you even get there.

You start BfA in say 2 months, your leveling experience will be entirely different than those hitting 120 in 5 hours.

And this expansion does have less content, they're putting all their eggs into the warmode and island campaigns basket.  And when I say warmode, I mean the server wide campaign for resources that hasn't even gone live yet.
    FrodoFraginskitarad
    edited August 2018
    btdt said:
    Just to keep a little perspective on this... a player who was fairly well geared after Legion will face roll the new content because it is tuned for the guy that just hit 110 having done no raids or dungeons.
    Just for reference ... I never geared through legion or raided. Hit level 110, went through story, and stopped playing. My iLvl going into BFA was only about 186ish. It was a total faceroll even then.

No one is saying they one-shot stuff going though BFA, but rather nothing could really challenge them or damage them. With AP passives alone, a single enemy will never be able to reduce my HP by any considerable amount.
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    btdt said:
    Just for reference ... I never geared through legion or raided. Hit level 110, went through story, and stopped playing. My iLvl going into BFA was only about 186ish. It was a total faceroll even then.
    You couldn't have played Legion without gearing up... remember the artifacts and legendaries that were given out like candy?  I'm referring to the poor sap that doesn't even have that.  Plus some specs are utterly broken at the moment.  iLvl is deceptive... not all gear with the same iLvl is equal.
    edited August 2018
    btdt said:
    btdt said:
    You couldn't have played Legion without gearing up... remember the artifacts and legendaries that were given out like candy?  I'm referring to the poor sap that doesn't even have that.  Plus some specs are utterly broken at the moment.  iLvl is deceptive... not all gear with the same iLvl is equal.
    What part of "I didn't gear up" was confusing?

I didn't have OP artifact weapons (in fact, no one did since they were removed in prepatch), and I didn't have any legendary items going into BFA. All I had was baseline green/blue equipment.

Locust-consumes? Please don't make baseless assumptions. It took me three days at an average of about three hours per evening to hit 120.
    That was more or less about how long it took me to get to 120. About 3 hours per day(ish) for about 3 days. Just doing the story quests and most of the zone quests along the way. I had honored with the three factions at the end.

I thought the story was pretty good through the zones, though. The cut scenes are pretty well done as is the voice acting. All the easter eggs, punny quests, and pop culture references along the way made it super enjoyable.
    [Deleted User]
  • AragoniAragoni Member UncommonPosts: 384
    So I started a new character tuesday morning after skipping a few expansions. I'm already level 50 on a warrior. Leveling is a breeze, and there's really nothing challenging. I am having a blast though anyway, and am looking forward to the new content. It'll keep me occupied for a few months, and then I'll give TESO another try.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    the good :

zones are cool , but only 3 for faction (6) huge no doubt ....dungeons so far have been cool , the leveling is a bit boring . the Alliance city is badass , cant wait to fly , the story is meh , hope its get better later on , i was expecting more

Main issue so far : classes arent as fun as used to be and if the "vehicle" doesnt work , the road can be perfect that the travel is "meh"

the islands are scenarios , kill everything on sight , and go to marked spots for bonus , a zergfest.

The new gear is all passives and some dont even make sense .

Still leveling but 120 is going to be WQ , farm reputations , dungeons (M+) , once the raid opens go raid and pvp at 120 wasnt balanced at all in beta , and i guess wont be on live.

Locust-consumes? Please don't make baseless assumptions. It took me three days at an average of about three hours per evening to hit 120. Unlocking WQ's took me about 15 additional minutes of questing. Three normal dungeons at 120 took about 1.5 hours. In all I've spent about 11 hours playing. 

I wasn't trying to disparage WoW by saying I'll be bored in a month. It's simply a statement of fact. I've been playing since Vanilla and have done the raiding/dungeons/PVP thing to death in WoW and in every other themepark MMORPG. 

I'm glad to see the new areas and the new lore. The gear/rep/daily grind does not hold my attention for long. 
    Point stands.  There's no way devs can keep up with that kind of consumption rate by players.  The entire reason for the gear/rep/daily grind is because there's no humanly way possible to continually deliver quality PvE content to keep up with their most ravenous consumers.  It's not even realistic to keep up with merely average consumers.

It'd be nice to see a better system, but other than PvP, we're going to need a paradigm shift in how content is created for there to be a snowball's chance in hell to keep up.  As such, I don't generally power through content.  It only means I'm bored of that title faster.
    JamesGoblinEponyxDamor[Deleted User]