Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally bought a PS 4

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
edited August 2018 in Console Gaming
I managed to get a 1TB one for the price of the 500 GB one by removing one of the controllers and the included game and switching it to a second hand  Bloodborne which my son will play. That type of game is way to hard for me.

I wondered about the type of games and I found a few in the Gamestop and also other places that sell second hand games. I came across Dragon Quest Builders and wondered if anyone of you have played it and would recommend it. I am also keen on any turn based that are not available on the PC. Since if I had to choose between PC and console I would choose the PC so any recommendations would be welcome.

I am also going to finally play Persona 5 although I had initially thought it might come to the PC but they changed their mind. So I have to confess I bought this console for Persona 5. I have seen so many videos on persona 5 I think I know more about the game and might have spoiled it a lot for myself.
Chamber of Chains
Post edited by cheyane on
AsheramCrazKanukMrMelGibsonGobstopper3D

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    I hardly play on mine as well but will be playing on it a bit more when this releases.

JeffSpicoliMrMelGibsonSovrath
  • syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    welcome to the family.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited February 2018
    Asheram said:
    I hardly play on mine as well but will be playing on it a bit more when this releases.

That looks very good. Such a beautiful trailer. Is it an action/adventure genre game ?
    Chamber of Chains
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited February 2018
    cheyane said:
    Asheram said:

That looks very good. Such a beautiful trailer. Is it an action/adventure genre game ?
    Open world adventure action/stealth game. The last part where he drops grenade  and jumps on the horse guy is supposed to be "gameplay"
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Asheram said:

GTA Fuedal Japan? Yes Please!!!
    Asheram
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Horizon: Zero Dawn is fantastic.

Haven't played this one since the PS2 original, but Shadow of the Colossus was excellent then, and I really don't see that changing with the remake. 

Monster Hunter: World will probably wind up being my personal GOTY. It's an amazing experience which any action / adventure gamer should at least try. It's not an exclusive, but I think it's worth picking up the PS4 version now and the PC one later. Capcom deserves the support, IMO. 

God of War 3 has a PS4 remaster available, and is definitely one of the best action games out there. The upcoming God of War looks excellent as well. 

Bloodborne is worth playing for the atmosphere and lore alone. If you take your time it's really not all that difficult, and this is from someone who really isn't good at 3rd person ARPGs. You really should at least give it a shot. 

Dragon Quest Heroes 1 and 2 are good as well, as is the entire series of Dragon Quest RPGs. 

There are probably a bunch of others I'm forgetting.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

Thanks @Solar_Prophet I will try Bloodborne and die a lot and hopefully improve but I am truly quite poor at any game requiring dodging and fast action.
    Chamber of Chains
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    100% get The Last of Us if you haven't played it before.
    MrMelGibson
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    Valkyria Chornicles if you haven't already played it on PC (though I personaly prefer the PS4 version).

Ni No Kuni 2 should also be a solid choice when it comes out in about a month.

+1 for Persona 5, Horizon: Zero Dawn and The Last Of Us.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Haven't played this one sivynce the PS2 original, but Shadow of the Colossus was excellent then, and I really don't see that changing with the remake. 

Monster Hunter: World will probably wind up being my personal GOTY. It's an amazing experience which any action / adventure gamer should at least try. It's not an exclusive, but I think it's worth picking up the PS4 version now and the PC one later. Capcom deserves the support, IMO. 

God of War 3 has a PS4 remaster available, and is definitely one of the best action games out there. The upcoming God of War looks excellent as well. 

Bloodborne is worth playing for the atmosphere and lore alone. If you take your time it's really not all that difficult, and this is from someone who really isn't good at 3rd person ARPGs. You really should at least give it a shot. 

Dragon Quest Heroes 1 and 2 are good as well, as is the entire series of Dragon Quest RPGs. 

Funny story, my son told me he got Monster Hunter and complained there is almost too much "to do" and not enough game.

His mother interrupted at that point and we didn't get to pursue further on why he felt this way.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    If you hate controllers look into a XIM module.  It made the PS4 usable for me and allowed me to enjoy games like Horizon Zero Dawn using the keyboard and mouse.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Kyleran said:

Haven't played this one sivynce the PS2 original, but Shadow of the Colossus was excellent then, and I really don't see that changing with the remake. 

Funny story, my son told me he got Monster Hunter and complained there is almost too much "to do" and not enough game.

His mother interrupted at that point and we didn't get to pursue further on why he felt this way.

Yeah, I have a friend who is playing MHW right now and has played for like 100 hours and still doesn't have the gear he wants and still has quests to finish. 

That being said, it's an open world game, so I wouldn't expect tight, well-written story content. As for me, I'm playing Middle Earth: Shadow of War right now and it's a nice open world game, but I'm also becoming frustrated with it since I've been playing for like 30 hours now and I've probably been grinding away for half that time, or more. They do give you some quest lines to follow along, but it doesn't really progress you towards finishing the ultimate goal, but you can't just jump to the end of it either. So while stabbing orcs is ultra satisfying for a few hours, it's just one of those games I feel like I could shelf for a couple months and pick right back up without any skill gap. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

Talonsin said:
    If you hate controllers look into a XIM module.  It made the PS4 usable for me and allowed me to enjoy games like Horizon Zero Dawn using the keyboard and mouse.
    I have one of those for my PS 3 but since I cannot leave them connected as my husband watches TV (he's the only one who watches TV everyone else watches stuff on the PC) and his TV area is like a sacred place I must clear everything so it got to be a nuisance to keep removing it.

So this time round I shall try and try until I give up I guess lol.
    Chamber of Chains
  • BlazingJ816BlazingJ816 Member CommonPosts: 11
    Congratulations on your purchase of a ps4. May it give you your moneys worth filled with awesome game play experience and memories of your accomplishments ^_^  
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Gamestop has a terrible reputation, i would honestly only buy from them as an absolute last resort. But, in terms of games the PS4 is i think the only console that has a decent amount of games available. Buying games i would seriously suggest browsing online for them before you ever step a foot inside of a Gamestop. :/
    Gobstopper3D
    I only buy second hand games from Gamestop. I bought the console from a mom and pop store I mean they've been there since 1948 selling toys and stuff and over the years consoles and second hand games. I bought my PS 3 from them too.
    Chamber of Chains
  • BlazingJ816BlazingJ816 Member CommonPosts: 11
    So what are you playing now? 
    I bought the Uncharted series and a Crosshair and connected it to a mouse and keyboard and it makes me able to play this series because I cannot move with the controller properly I swing wildly and then panic and it ends badly. I started Persona 5 too.
    MrMelGibson[Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains
  • Chuckyn0sChuckyn0s Member CommonPosts: 6
    Are you feeling it now that you have one? I've always loved playstation, and can't see myself ever switching to a different console for my main games of play. I had to buy a second ps3 before ps4 came out because it got THAT much use, lol.
    Panther2103
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Chuckyn0s said:
    Are you feeling it now that you have one? I've always loved playstation, and can't see myself ever switching to a different console for my main games of play. I had to buy a second ps3 before ps4 came out because it got THAT much use, lol.
    That's how it is for me as well. I play my Xbox one sometimes, and my Switch a bit more, but I play my PS4 the most. Same with the PS3, and PS2, and PS1, every generation on console Sony usually gets the most play. . 
    Unfortunately right now I'm playing WoW the console has been gathering dust for now. :s
    Phry
    Chamber of Chains
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    My deepest commiserations.
    Image result for knocking someone head gif in annoyance @Scot
    Scot
    Chamber of Chains
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    I also have a PS4 and imo some games are just better on it.  I prefer to play almost all my sports games on it.  There are also some exclusive games on it that are awesome and worth playing imo. God of War 4, Detroit Become Human, The Last of Us Series, and Uncharted 4.  I also think Monster Hunter is a huge game and lots of fun.  It may be better to play it on PS4, but its too early to know for sure yet.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Talonsin said:
    They seem pretty expensive.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo