Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Sale/Event (Searing Plague) is now live:

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    Update 8/11:

My group of hardcore Linkers has been grinding away clicking links each day. Today 3 more accounts were created.  In a very short while I will have a new account. 

Thanks to Dleatherus for having his minions clicking away!!
    Now I can use this account to wear my black robes and roam the countryside saying “I told you so”

JamesGoblin

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    I read almost all of this post, and I have no idea what is going on.

I think Slapshot either loves or hates this game.  I can't tell.

Some people come on here complaining about Slapshots love or hate for the game, and then I'm even more confused as to who likes or doesn't like this game, and possibly some hidden homosexual feelings towards Slapshot.  I can't tell.

Caspian sounds like a goofball.  That I can tell.

The game is close to release?  I can't tell.  

Is a game being played for the game?  Is there a reason?  Vox Elyria, Mud Elyria.  WTF?  Are these out?

Maybe SBS does this just to try to keep the community that have pledged to their game involved.  If so, thats not bad.  I wish other games I've pledged to would give me something to do, even remotely related to the game.
    UngoodSlapshot1188JamesGoblin
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    edited August 2018
    Geeky said:

I think his stellar personality has made him a pariah among the games elite ruling class, and thus his investment is lost. Hence his cries before about wanting a refund, and now he is just trolling on about the game in some hope to make sure everyone else also losses their investment.

Pitiful really.. but you just know he brought this upon himself.

Personally, I find is hilarious. 

Added: Also.. Just some friendly advice.. don't wear a black robe while wondering the country side saying "I told you so" .. as I am sure that will get you killed.. maybe several times over.
    Slapshot1188JamesGoblin
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

edited August 2018
    Geeky said:

Some people come on here complaining about Slapshots love or hate for the game, and then I'm even more confused as to who likes or doesn't like this game, and possibly some hidden homosexual feelings towards Slapshot.  I can't tell.

Is a game being played for the game?  Is there a reason?  Vox Elyria, Mud Elyria.  WTF?  Are these out?

Maybe SBS does this just to try to keep the community that have pledged to their game involved.  If so, thats not bad.  I wish other games I've pledged to would give me something to do, even remotely related to the game.
    On phone so hope format isn't too bad.

I love the idea.  I hate the implementation and the approach that will doom it to failure. 

You noticed that too? Yes, I have my own booster/stalker club.  It's kind of cool/scary at the same time.

IMHO, Caspien is a dreamer without anyone to steer him in the right direction.  I believe he has good intentions but is sorely lacking someone to act as the adult and get him on track when he roams far afield.

HAHAHA. No.. they have not even entered Alpha yet. Per the company, no backer has entered testing yet.

Yes, Caspien tends to wander and get off track.  VoxElyria (formerly ElyriaMud) is his attempt to build a Mincecraft like version of his game for testing. He has also promised a Prelude single player game. DLC add ons to buy for that which convert it into a mulitplayer game that a DM can create adventures for, a Kingdoms Game where Kings and Nobility will play to determine starting positions for their Kingdoms and now this SearingPlague event/sale.  So far all we have experienced is the sale/event which consists of sitting in Discord or forums and spamming links to trade Plague or Pure back and forth. Yes.  It is as exciting as it sounds!  But he spices it up by making lore statements which are the equivalent of: "NPC RACE XYZ has entered the fray... +5% to the Cure bar!!!".  Really riveting stuff! (Oh yeah, you can buy stuff in the shop to help... of course).

I think there were 3 reasons. The first is to try and give the community SOMETHING.. since they have literally been here for years waiting for a game that was promised by Dec 2017.  The second was to raise money.  Since they have been unable to land a publisher and had to layoff staff about 8 months ago they need all they can get and the last few sales have been underwhelming as far as I can see.   The third reason is to increase the player pool.  Since the sales are drying up and I think Caspien said only 10% of the players are even participating in this "event" they need to grow the base.  Even if that means they have to give away accounts for free.  This method lets them do it without pissing off their existing base for giving away something for which they had to pay. The down side is all the attention that was directed to this by the dev team instead of actually making the game which is massively behind schedule already. 

Post edited by Slapshot1188 on
    JamesGoblin

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Anyone that does give a game 5 years to get made, never watched any other games get made..
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

and anyone that has not watched any other games get made.. really should not be role playing a game investor.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Ungood said:
    and anyone that has not watched any other games get made.. really should not be role playing a game investor.
    They aren't investors.  They get no return.
    JamesGoblin

• OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Didn't they say Caspian has been working on this game for 10 years in his head? This is what he came up with?

Wtf
    Slapshot1188Kyleran
    Ungood said:
    I have many investments. I am not sure what a "game investor" is. I have stock in EA I bought around 15 years back. Does that count?  I have stock in Microsoft and they make XBOX.  Does that count?

I don't have any stock in CIG, CSE, Artcraft, Paizo, Portalarium or any other game I crowdfunded.  Why would someone think that would make me an investor?  I'm not.  I'm a customer.  I exchange money for services or goods rendered. 

Anyhow.. on the topic of the sale/event-  Getting super close to being Purified.  Definitely within the next couple of days.

Ungood said:
    I have many investments. I am not sure what a "game investor" is. I have stock in EA I bought around 15 years back. Does that count?  I have stock in Microsoft and they make XBOX.  Does that count?

I don't have any stock in CIG, CSE, Artcraft, Paizo, Portalarium or any other game I crowdfunded.  Why would someone think that would make me an investor?  I'm not.  I'm a customer.  I exchange money for services or goods rendered. 

Anyhow.. on the topic of the sale/event-  Getting super close to being Purified.  Definitely within the next couple of days.

No. you exchanged money for POTENTIAL goods and services with the foreknowledge you might not get anything at all...that is called a gambler.

And having stock does not make you an investor, it makes you a stock holder.
    Slapshot1188

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    An investor is a person or organization that buys securities or property in order to receive a profit.

Securities are stocks, shares, bonds, or other certificates that you buy in order to earn regular interest from them or to sell them later for a profit.

investor

Neither a speculator (who takes on high risks for high rewards) nor a gambler (who takes on the risk of total loss for out of proportion rewards) but one whose primary objectives are preservation ofthe original investment (the principal), a steady income, and capital appreciation.

Always happy to help.

Ungood

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    An investor is a person or organization that buys securities or property in order to receive a profit.

Securities are stocks, shares, bonds, or other certificates that you buy in order to earn regular interest from them or to sell them later for a profit.

investor

Neither a speculator (who takes on high risks for high rewards) nor a gambler (who takes on the risk of total loss for out of proportion rewards) but one whose primary objectives are preservation ofthe original investment (the principal), a steady income, and capital appreciation.

Always happy to help.

Don't bother.  Not worth it.  It used to be fun banter. Now it's just utterly sad.  

• OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    edited August 2018
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:

No. you exchanged money for POTENTIAL goods and services with the foreknowledge you might not get anything at all...that is called a gambler.

And having stock does not make you an investor, it makes you a stock holder.
    I never understood any of your posts on here, now I know why. You're obviously insane or on some type of drug(s).
    KyleranSlapshot1188
    Kyleran said:

investor

Always happy to help.

Wow.. someone that is willing to step and make a point, while not be a huge douche about it.. Color me Impressed.

Kyleran said:

investor

Always happy to help.

Don't bother.  Not worth it.  It used to be fun banter. Now it's just utterly sad.  
    No.. you think it's sad because you keep picking the wrong fights and loosing, or just being a total chicken about it when invited to make your point and not mess up other threads.
    Slapshot1188

edited August 2018
    Ungood said:
    Kyleran said:

investor

Always happy to help.

Wow.. someone that is willing to step and make a point, while not be a huge douche about it.. Color me Impressed.
    I've been trying to be nicer and squash my inner jerk.....clearly I don't always succeed. 

;)
    JamesGoblinUngood

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• mistysummersmistysummers Member CommonPosts: 2
    Still promoting COE I see, thanks Slap. :) As the old saying goes bad publicity is better then no publicity so keep bumping these threads.
    edited August 2018
    Still promoting COE I see, thanks Slap. :) As the old saying goes bad publicity is better then no publicity so keep bumping these threads.
    What happened to your Mystichaze login?  Come on back any time. 

And you are welcome! 

Also, pass on my thanks to Dleatherus please:

PS: The concept that bad publicity is better than no publicity is very wrong.  Just ask Seaworld about Blackfish...

JamesGoblin

edited August 2018
    WHoa

edited August 2018
    Whoa

edited August 2018
    Whoa... multi post

• mistysummersmistysummers Member CommonPosts: 2
    edited August 2018
    Nothing happened to the Mystichaze account. I just logged with my old account by mistake. So don't assume I am trying to hide. As for coming back I won't be, it really isn't worth my time. But every now and then I pop in to see what is going on.
    Ok Mysty.  Have fun.  If you change your mind we’ll be here.

She'll be back...they always end up coming back. 

Slapshot1188JamesGoblin[Deleted User]Dakeru

Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:
    Kyleran said:

investor

Always happy to help.

I've been trying to be nicer and squash my inner jerk.....clearly I don't always succeed. 

;)
    It also helps to pick your battles. ;)
    Kyleran