Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Strike Force Devs Charting a Better Path - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageMarvel Strike Force Devs Charting a Better Path - MMORPG.com

As we’ve mentioned a few times now, it’s been a bumpy summer for Marvel Strike Force and the community has been on a razor’s edge for weeks now. But it looks like FoxNext is attempting to chart a better course for the game and right the ship, starting with some new efforts to communicate with players and offer some quick responses to community concerns.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    You can sheer a sheep many times but skin him only once....
    tomahawk1930CaptFabulousSaltyDog79Phry
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• LilithMLilithM Member UncommonPosts: 82
    How about someone bring back Marvel Heroes. I mean I don't get people who hated because paying for outfits and so on. Whereas if you play (I don't remember which Marvel mobile game it was) this or another on of those games out there were you're expected to pay like 50-100$ for a costume. MH you paid around 15$? No I have not played the mobile games in a year or so I don't know if the prices have changed. Still, people hated on the MH payment model but you heard no one complain about the Marvel mobile games extremely ridiculous pricing model.
  • CaptFabulousCaptFabulous Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I don't need more communication. I don't want to hear them say "we hear you". I want the game to stop being a pain in the ass. I want them to stop running events that are impossible to complete. I want them to stop offering new characters you have a small chance of unlocking and zero chance of making viable due to the ridiculously low drop rates. I want a game that's fun to play instead of one that feels like work. Where I can make decent progress without having to log in every 2 hours, and not have it take months to level up a character. And don't get me started on the ridiculously overpriced "special offers".

Hey FoxNet, try to get money out of me by frustrating me on a daily basis is NEVER going to work. EVER.
    JeffSpicoliPhry
  • SaltyDog79SaltyDog79 Member UncommonPosts: 119

I don't need more communication. I don't want to hear them say "we hear you". I want the game to stop being a pain in the ass. I want them to stop running events that are impossible to complete. I want them to stop offering new characters you have a small chance of unlocking and zero chance of making viable due to the ridiculously low drop rates. I want a game that's fun to play instead of one that feels like work. Where I can make decent progress without having to log in every 2 hours, and not have it take months to level up a character. And don't get me started on the ridiculously overpriced "special offers".

Hey FoxNet, try to get money out of me by frustrating me on a daily basis is NEVER going to work. EVER.

This is mobile gaming in a nut shell. The kind of marketing tactics they use make the marketing F2P games use look good.

As things progress and we keep going further and further down the greedy, money grubbing rabbit hole, I wonder what will happen... Will things just keep getting worse? Or maybe it will just all collapse? *shrug*
  • CEOIIICEOIII Member UncommonPosts: 26

This is mobile gaming in a nut shell. The kind of marketing tactics they use make the marketing F2P games use look good.

As things progress and we keep going further and further down the greedy, money grubbing rabbit hole, I wonder what will happen... Will things just keep getting worse? Or maybe it will just all collapse? *shrug*

Hopefully someone will do what Warframe did: Find a way to make money on a F2P game without pissing off or gouging their fanbase.

Until the SF devs get their shit together and stop forcing us to make virgin sacrifices to RNGesus to get new characters, I'm off this game.
  • turinmacleodturinmacleod Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 166
    I played for about two weeks before I realized that the "game?" is a poorly disguised cash grab with no real play value. And it'd not at all subtle in it's pathetic attempts to get your money. So I quit cold turkey and haven't looked back, or missed it.

T
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    nothing will be ever as good as marvel heroes omega in this category Trion worlds better bring that back i dont mind playing/paying for content again as long as it fair like it was when gazillion owned it. seriously i hope it comes back or ship of heroes when it comes around it is a good replacement because if not this genre of game has taken a distinct hit with the loss of Marvel heroes omega!