Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SCDKey - Huge Discounts on Battle for Azeroth and More - SPONSORED - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageSCDKey - Huge Discounts on Battle for Azeroth and More - SPONSORED - MMORPG.com

The folks at SCDKey have a bunch of sales going on for Battle of Azeroth’s launch, as well as the new hotness that is Monster Hunter: World. Today they’re giving our users additional discounts of 10% on all games, and 3% on all software. Check it out!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SplitStream13SplitStream13 Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Is this legal or is it some G2A sort of crap?
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Is this legal or is it some G2A sort of crap?

It's definitely giving off G2A vibes or cdkeys vibes. It's not the same as G2A with users selling the keys, it looks like all keys come from the site itself. The sales aren't too crazy either so I mean it looks a little more legit. But the layout and everything about it looks exactly the same as G2A.
    koira1TokkenPhryaxtranti
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515

Aori said:

Or you can go through a legitimate website like Greenmangaming for the same if not better prices right now on games like MH:W.

Sponsor or not, letting a website like this who is known to get their keys through illegitimate means advertise, leaves a rather bad taste.

second this! bought lots of games from green man never had problems,friends have linked me to G2A for deals and nothing but problems. to me most of these sites are not worth the headaches.
    PhryLazarus71
  • ScarranScarran Member UncommonPosts: 102
    I have ordered a key from this site before and although they aren't dodgy keys like G2A, they do take ages to deliver your key. I actually had to chase them up twice over a 4-5 hour period before I eventually got mine, despite their website saying it takes 10-30 minutes.

So be aware that the delivery time of your key is not instant or 10-30 minutes, especially the first time you order. I also found support to be as useful as a chocolate fireguard, as they kept telling me to wait longer and then had to push it up the ladder to get it resolved.
    Phry
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Or you could just buy WoW from Blizzard and not have some third party who didn't develop the game siphon off a chunk of what you paid. Or similarly for a lot of other games.
    PhryOyjordLenoxrojoArcueid
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

hoenens1 said:

Hahaha big discount? Pls stop telling a lie! check here for the real deals! *link removed*

Honestly that's the same junk. UGH! Anything with the name "CD Key" in their website/brand name usually (like 99/100) is a scam that got their keys illegitimately through methods such as stolen credit cards, money laundering, stolen/hacked accounts, and more. It is so not worth it to save $10 in order to find out 3 months later that your account is banned due to a stolen credit card linking to the CD key purchased.

The thing with GreenManGaming, Humble Bundle, Steam, and so on is that they're legit digital distribution services that have reputable ties with developers.
    Phry

• RPGPhreekRPGPhreek Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Disappointing that the site is advetising grey market shit dealers. Gonna advertise Kinguin next? ffs...
    OyjordLenox
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Better to stick with Bliz to buy Battle for Azeroth
    Oyjord

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403

xNIAx1 said:

Websites for dumb poor people.

Hardly, if you can get the same game at a cheaper price then why not.

I paid £32.70 for Monster Hunter Worlds through Voidu, rather than paying £50 through Steam, doesn't make any sense to pay more unless your stupid.
    Zalgotas
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    First gamivo, now this. Really going downhill there guys to shill for these problem sites. What happened to all that hardware review money?
    OyjordFrodoFragins
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    have to say I am very surprised MMORPG.com is promoting this

imageimage

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Have Bill and company vetted this site or is this outside of editorial review even though it is written as an article?
  • HJ-NavarreHJ-Navarre Hero's Journey GMMember UncommonPosts: 102
    I know mmorpg.com wants revenue, but please stop putting sponsored ads in the main banner window. It's bad enough the page is littered with ads already. Don't make me regret whitelisting mmorpg.com in AdBlocker. tyvm.
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Guest Writer?

Was this even verified by the main staff?
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    I've bought games from similar sites before. I've bought a few things from G2A and they've always worked. Like Endless Legend I got for 3 dollars, when on steam its base price at 30 and doesn't even drop to 3 dollars on sale. And bought conan exiles for 5 dollars. That was a pretty good deal. Fallout 4 and ALL dlc for 8 dollars. Can't beat those prices and the keys all worked fine.

I'd never buy an MMO off any of these sites though. MMOs tend to be easier to get scammed out of money from, and also MMO devs track the keys a lot more.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

xNIAx1 said:

Websites for dumb poor people.

Hardly, if you can get the same game at a cheaper price then why not.

I paid £32.70 for Monster Hunter Worlds through Voidu, rather than paying £50 through Steam, doesn't make any sense to pay more unless your stupid.
    It's "you're stupid."
    Asch126
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Oh hey this article survived the night.

I've bought games from similar sites before. I've bought a few things from G2A and they've always worked.

It's not about them working, it's about the methods they get keys being illegal. ie; credit card fraud, theft, etc.

Some of the sites are user driven where end users sell their unused keys, which is technically legit, but it's still an unscrupulous site.
  • LenoxLenox Member UncommonPosts: 100
    edited August 2018
    i used cdkeys.com for years... bought probably 30-40 games from them.. never had issues... this is them selling you keys not like g2a where people sell them

this one is Scdkeys.. so i have no clue who they are.. but if you look up the domain.. they come from Hong Kong... domain registered in China
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I guess mmorpg.com is getting paid, so they're not going to comment on what people have to say about this.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    DAOWAce said:
    Oh hey this article survived the night.

I've bought games from similar sites before. I've bought a few things from G2A and they've always worked.

It's not about them working, it's about the methods they get keys being illegal. ie; credit card fraud, theft, etc.

Some of the sites are user driven where end users sell their unused keys, which is technically legit, but it's still an unscrupulous site.
    Also they don't always work. I've encountered two keys now that have not activated upon use, because they had already been used (or maybe were disabled) but I was able to get new keys through a long process of back and forth with G2A, and I had my LOTRO account banned for buying one of the expansions off G2A (not sure what happened, but Standing Stone said I needed to pay the amount the expansion cost to get unbanned). I've avoided anything G2A since.

Never had any issues with cdkeys though. 
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    And then a certain woman here wonders and complains when people are so tough on them.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    The more I think about this the more I think it went waaaay over the line this site used to draw. This is a full on ad from a likely disreputable source that is disguised as "content".

I'm not exactly shocked as this site isn't as busy as it once was. And I'm sure the actual content creators here aren't thrilled, hence their silence.
    Lenox
  • AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

The more I think about this the more I think it went waaaay over the line this site used to draw. This is a full on ad from a likely disreputable source that is disguised as "content".

I'm not exactly shocked as this site isn't as busy as it once was. And I'm sure the actual content creators here aren't thrilled, hence their silence.

We actually display that this content is "sponsored" anywhere we promote it - we do allow sponsored content but we make sure to clearly label it as such. You are viewing a paid advertisement with this article - much like a banner ad, etc.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Expensive lol...

Beta tester maniac