Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coming back for the Battle.

raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237
I've not played since Legion (of which I didn't get very far.)

For some reason I'm really stoked about the possibility of coming back for this expansion, but before I drop the 50 bucks on it, I wanted to get some incite.

I'm a casual player at best. I have a really busy schedule, so I cannot devote the next 2-3 months of my life to this game in order to progress. I even thought about giving it a good week or so before I buy it so that I DO have a little bit of free time to spend on it, because right now I could only play an hour or two a day tops.

Is the game still set up so that it's easy to catch up? or will I fall behind and stay behind until the next big thing hits?

Also, from my understanding PVP is now optional on all servers, so it doesn't really matter what server type you're on anymore? Is that correct?

Since I never completed Legion, should I start from scratch and level from 1-110 to do all of that content, or jump to 110?

Thanks!

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

Comments

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    raystantz said:

For some reason I'm really stoked about the possibility of coming back for this expansion, but before I drop the 50 bucks on it, I wanted to get some incite.

I'm a casual player at best. I have a really busy schedule, so I cannot devote the next 2-3 months of my life to this game in order to progress. I even thought about giving it a good week or so before I buy it so that I DO have a little bit of free time to spend on it, because right now I could only play an hour or two a day tops.

Is the game still set up so that it's easy to catch up? or will I fall behind and stay behind until the next big thing hits?

Also, from my understanding PVP is now optional on all servers, so it doesn't really matter what server type you're on anymore? Is that correct?

Since I never completed Legion, should I start from scratch and level from 1-110 to do all of that content, or jump to 110?

Thanks!

Hmm. I find the quality in WoW to be the best it s been since TBC with Legion. o far in beta and live I find BFA even better.
  • raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Soki123 said:
    raystantz said:

Thanks!

Hmm. I find the quality in WoW to be the best it s been since TBC with Legion. o far in beta and live I find BFA even better.
    Is this in response to me never completing Legion? I think it was because I wanted to play with friends, and instead of actually playing Legion.. I played 1-100 because I wanted to complete all of the content up to Legion that I had missed. I got to like 105 I think and stopped? I'll have to check.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

• Reyone1Reyone1 Member CommonPosts: 8
    Currently subbed. Bought the expansion and I am good to go but there is just something about this game that I can't stand. I don't know what it is but I can't bring myself to even log in.
    Kyleran
    Everything the light touches is our kingdom.
  • El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760
    I don't sub anymore because like the OP I don't have much free time.  Occasionally I get drunk and buy game time but only to play warsong gultch and eye of the storm.  Haven't tried bfa although my brother in law says he enjoys it so far.

I've got the straight edge.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited August 2018
    Reyone1 said:
    Currently subbed. Bought the expansion and I am good to go but there is just something about this game that I can't stand. I don't know what it is but I can't bring myself to even log in.
    There probably is a good 12 step group out there that could help.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    raystantz said:

Thanks!

There is no ingame benefit to doing 1-110 except transmog armor.