Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BDO is trash, not recommeneded (Details)

deadtrackdeadtrack Member UncommonPosts: 57
edited August 2018 in Black Desert Online
Made in Korea: I don't recall any company successfully communicating from another country to the local publishers.  It simply does not work because there is no accountability and the publishers have no authority, recourse, or control.

Worthless employees:  There are no standards or oversight in the company.

Example: Vell World Boss - This bugged, non functional event has been a disaster since it's release.  It demonstrates there was no testing or quality checks.  It was not run on any test server.

Example: Resistance = The entire resistance in PVP didn't work at all for over a year. Your character profile would show 70% resist, but CC's where applied every single hit (sometimes 12+ times) making it virtually impossible to resist.  This is the type of garbage work that wouldn't be acceptable in any company.  You would simply be fired for performance issues.

No Developer plays the game:  The developers have absolutely no experience in game mechanics, design, or even play MMO's.  It's painfully obvious when their ideas completely conflict with the community or they release content that makes you just think "wtf where they thinking?" @TM AVGN

AFK/exploit fest:  The current state of the game is an AFK and exploit fest.  Players are ramming ships into sea monsters for massive shared payouts along with speed hacks & bots.  Otherwise nearly everyone is AFK so they can claim higher numbers online.

Review: A huge portion of the player base is just waiting for ANY game to be release that isn't complete garbage.  Turns out Bless and most other games still just can't get it together.

Why BDO failed so bad: While many games failed due to their game engine, or mechanical issues, that is not the case for BDO.  BDO failed because it's management and employees are a completely incompetent.  Their communication is horrible and they lack any management or work ethic.  98% of the game is a waste of space because they won't do things like simple balancing.

They would rather just slap drops together in an area and meh whatever.  No balance, no care, no work ethic.
PhryTheScavengerdarkheartsBananableMaurgrim

Comments

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    This post loses all arguments when the first thing is a racist comment

"made in korea" implying koreans make bad games or korean games not worth playing. Either way, racist comment that means I won't be bothering to pay attention to anything else, especially when I glanced at "worthless employees" further implying racism against koreans.
    ragebulletdarkheartsAllerleirauhrena_ryugulaxie

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Also, where a game is made has no effect on how good or bad it is. Plenty of good and bad games made everywhere. 
    Phrywingoodjimmywolf[Deleted User]

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• deadtrackdeadtrack Member UncommonPosts: 57
    edited August 2018
    This post loses all arguments when the first thing is a racist comment

"made in korea" implying koreans make bad games or korean games not worth playing. Either way, racist comment that means I won't be bothering to pay attention to anything else, especially when I glanced at "worthless employees" further implying racism against koreans.

Stop with the Millennial cry baby safe space.  It's a fact the developers Pearl Abyss reside in Korea.  It's also explained why that is a problem for the NA/EU markets.

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,171
    Your extreme bias against the game is displayed all too often and frequently for any evaluation you make of it to be considered credible.
    [Deleted User]
    Your extreme bias against the game is displayed all too often and frequently for any evaluation you make of it to be considered credible.

The entire BDO community on their own forums is nothing except rants about the game and every step they take.  The updates are akin to watching the 3 stooges fumble over everything.

I didn't state just opinions, I described factual things that are happening and details that are not refutable.

For example: The resistances not working for over a year isn't an opinion.  It's a mathematical fact.  It was even admitted to by the developers which is rare.

This didn't even cover the Pay2Win cheese, massive class balancing issues or tons of other problems.

If BDO had competent management and developers it would have been a Triple A product.  The reality is they will just mash it out in as many markets as they can like Bless Online at this point.  The current move is console/mobile.

Almost all of BDO's issues could be fixed easily by good game designers, but they will simply never hire them.  So instead of knowing the issues with the product they are literally releasing things like a roots mini game.

While a majority of the player base hates the power creep, they keep making it even stronger.  Because.......... CASH SHOP items...  #archeage
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    If BDO failed, a lot of MMOs out there would love to "fail" like that. ;)
    Phrywingood

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    If the OP doesn't like the game thats fair enough, but as for BDO failing, its actually a very successful game, as for the rest, i won't bother addressing as its obviously just a Troll thread to try and bait people as the claims are so obviously ridiculous that they can't be taken seriously. :/
    TheScavengerwingood
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited August 2018
    BDO fails only because of "Artisans Memory" being so over priced it's like a must buy if you do major enchanting to TET and beyond it cost me $40 USD to get a "TET Kzarka", but other than that it's a great game but it could do with some minor changes like not having to leave your PC logged in all night to afk fish which is actually do-able and would help on a planet wide scale.

Also I am not a racist, but I tend to look at what place my Electronics, and games are made now due to legal issues and EULA, I've had bad experience twice with software from one specific country so now I am very warry about backing projects from over there before speaking directly to the people who are making the product.

Logitech for example used to make quality products now I find it's crap when a keyboard works for over 5 years without issues, then suddenly all new models start to get keys wearing down in like 1 year of use, double typing issues, and Mice that have bluetooth double click bug and stuff..

And lots of these headphones that I buy off Amazon before both came from ***** and both failed fast because they were fake products.

Korea, is very talented when it comes to graphics design in games like BDO, the only problem I see with Korean games is the cost to actually buy stuff in game like artisans memory.

Japan, only game i've played from there is Final Fantasy series and some single player games on console, from there it seems to be more about Sotry based content vs graphics, like Final Fantasy XI is the last game I truly enjoyed back in the day, FFXIV, has good story content, but lacks proper thinking in game development like with housing, and graphics could have been better as well as better cosmetic systems, but the story content i've seen is awesome.

U.S, makes all kinds of games but I have yet to see a good MMORPG, besides World OF Warcraft, but that may change soon with upcoming games.

No specific location in the world is bad, if every developer who was talented actually came together could agree to make a new Next Gen MMO, which had elements from the Korean MMO games genere like graphics, customization, and Story content to actually fit well into the games setting it could be a truly awesome experience.

And this is just talking about games and software, when it's broken down more towards what actually goes into the electronics everyone uses you can see where every part really comes from in the world.

Phry said:
    If the OP doesn't like the game thats fair enough, but as for BDO failing, its actually a very successful game, as for the rest, i won't bother addressing as its obviously just a Troll thread to try and bait people as the claims are so obviously ridiculous that they can't be taken seriously. :/

A very successful game based on nothing?  Bless Online had more players upon release because players are desperate for a top quality MMO.  Successful when Diablo, Final Fantasy, WOW sold or had millions of players?

You don't even know BDO's player base as it was intentionally designed to deceive players.  It's one of many games to do this by rewarding AFK players.  It actually takes this deceptive practice a lot further because not being online 24/7 (NOT PLAYING) is a major set back for game income.

That way they can skew their numbers so people like you say it's doing great.
    deadtrack said:

Pretty sure that the fact that they've increased their employee base by several hundred people on the money BDO brought in is also some kind of proof... well... to rational people at least. :P
    Phrywingood

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

edited August 2018
    No one has any business sense or advanced thought on the forums.

That would be like claiming WOW is a great success if they had 75,000 total players.  It would look great vs a lot of games.

Everyone knows though by WOW's potential that was would be an obvious disaster and massive failure if that is all WOW accomplished.

So think a little more next time before you speak on that topic.

In fact if you replaced WOW developers with BDO's, WOW would have tanked and BDO would have been a success.  BDO's game designers are so bad they have hard time competing with game engines made 10+ years ago.
    deadtrack said:
    [insert inane drivel]
    Suddenly your name makes a lot of sense. :P
    Phrywingood

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 915
    HA! I coul dtell you that BDO Sucked hardly...fing bad game..100 % good gfx but where is the game ?  Its dead and waste of time

• BananableBananable Member UncommonPosts: 194
    deadtrack said:
    Made in Korea: I don't recall any company successfully communicating from another country to the local publishers.  It simply does not work because there is no accountability and the publishers have no authority, recourse, or control.

Worthless employees:  There are no standards or oversight in the company.

Example: Vell World Boss - This bugged, non functional event has been a disaster since it's release.  It demonstrates there was no testing or quality checks.  It was not run on any test server.

Example: Resistance = The entire resistance in PVP didn't work at all for over a year. Your character profile would show 70% resist, but CC's where applied every single hit (sometimes 12+ times) making it virtually impossible to resist.  This is the type of garbage work that wouldn't be acceptable in any company.  You would simply be fired for performance issues.

No Developer plays the game:  The developers have absolutely no experience in game mechanics, design, or even play MMO's.  It's painfully obvious when their ideas completely conflict with the community or they release content that makes you just think "wtf where they thinking?" @TM AVGN

AFK/exploit fest:  The current state of the game is an AFK and exploit fest.  Players are ramming ships into sea monsters for massive shared payouts along with speed hacks & bots.  Otherwise nearly everyone is AFK so they can claim higher numbers online.

Review: A huge portion of the player base is just waiting for ANY game to be release that isn't complete garbage.  Turns out Bless and most other games still just can't get it together.

Why BDO failed so bad: While many games failed due to their game engine, or mechanical issues, that is not the case for BDO.  BDO failed because it's management and employees are a completely incompetent.  Their communication is horrible and they lack any management or work ethic.  98% of the game is a waste of space because they won't do things like simple balancing.

They would rather just slap drops together in an area and meh whatever.  No balance, no care, no work ethic.
    I played lil on pserver. I think its ok (like any other f2p game), my only problem is optimi...i mean S-ptimization

"No Developer plays the game"
    Lolz.  Congratulations, you realised this just now? I did that couple years ago when i played GW2. I dunno how it was before, but now devs (any devs) dont play games. Not their own game(s) not any other....

"AFK/exploit fest"
    Cool! This is actually really amazing. I like when players found clever ways to @!#$ lazy devs.

"Otherwise nearly everyone is AFK so they can claim higher numbers online."
    Sigh, when any company start telling numbers thats just pure PR. Last time i saw Rare (devs) said
    they have 5m+ players playing Sea of thieves. Im sure they meant everyday. Lolz.

"Why BDO failed so bad"
    What do you mean "failed"?
    Devs dont get profit? I doubt that. Oh, you mean they dont get PROFIT and FAME, like fortnite and PUBG.
    Or you mean its not fun for players?
    Well, thats because it wasnt made for fun in the first place. At least not for players' fun, but devs'.  :P

"won't do things like simple balancing"
    Um, you dont know how multiplayer/mmo games work?
    Theres no balace at all. But the devs "balancing" with every new update...or at least thats what they tell to players, to make illusion of hard work. They can balance game for years, and it still gonna be unbalanced. xD

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    deadtrack said:

Stop with the Millennial cry baby safe space. 

If you are telling them to stop, then you are the one demanding shelter from an opposing position. 
    Allerleirauh
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Im curious as to the argument about afk... why does afk make a game a failure, by definition an afk player will earn the company the same as an active player in terms of subs, so creating a game that gives people opportunity to afk and the feeling they are improving whilst afk'ing is actually a good mechanic for earning money.
    This game has flaws, but ive not yet seen a game that doesn't have flaws, or do you really believe that from day 1 / week 1 / year 1 WoW was wonderful and they never suffered from either flawed mechanics or hax. 

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I have yet to enjoy a game made out of korea nor have i seen a game well designed,so then what,am i not allowed to this day up until this very minute that korean devs make poor quality games?
    I feel you are not in tune with the Racist term,it would imply ALWAYS..FOREVER type comments,like i HATE Korean games ALWAYS and forever just because they are korean but NOBODY is saying that..To imply that until now korean devs make crappy games would NOT imply for all time,they could very well make a great game tomorrow then guess what,ALL opinions change.

However until that day comes,Korean are making crappy games and i say the exact same thing about Blizzard,i consider Blizzard to be a very low standard developer that so happens to have a great marketing team and continues to strive off of Esport ..$$$ way more than their games quality.So if i think Blizzard makes crappy games,am i racist towards Blizzard,biased?Nope,they could make a great game tomorrow then my opinion changes.
    I don't even know why i have to explain such SIMPLE common  sense.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited August 2018
    Quazal.A said:
    Im curious as to the argument about afk... why does afk make a game a failure, by definition an afk player will earn the company the same as an active player in terms of subs, so creating a game that gives people opportunity to afk and the feeling they are improving whilst afk'ing is actually a good mechanic for earning money.
    This game has flaws, but ive not yet seen a game that doesn't have flaws, or do you really believe that from day 1 / week 1 / year 1 WoW was wonderful and they never suffered from either flawed mechanics or hax. 

Mainly because if you can progress while AFK, there is no point in playing the game.  It's about the same as auto play Bots in an MMO.  Why bother grinding when you can set your AFK bot all day?
    deadtrack said:

Pretty sure that the fact that they've increased their employee base by several hundred people on the money BDO brought in is also some kind of proof... well... to rational people at least. :P

So Star Citizen is where it's at?  Must be one of the best games ever created since it's raking in so much money.

Why are you here btw?  You seemed to learn nothing from the MMO podcast!  Are you NOT paying attention at all?  How many times have they illustrated trash Mobile games making a fortune.

Kakao is not a great publisher, but they get revenue from securing deals like PubG.

Bless Online in your eyes is a magnificent game also.  They brought in a load of money repackaging that garbage to the US market.  According to you, money is the proof.
  • rena_ryugurena_ryugu Member UncommonPosts: 34
    deadtrack said:
    Quazal.A said:

Mainly because if you can progress while AFK, there is no point in playing the game.  It's about the same as auto play Bots in an MMO.  Why bother grinding when you can set your AFK bot all day?
    Whether you like or not thousand of people love the game and play it dailie, and if you really want to know the afk mechanics don't cover all the needs, and it's something that people whitout much time use to keep up with those who play more often, but the best answer is that the game is worth playing and is fun.
    Phrycheyane
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited August 2018
    BDO fail?
    That's news to me, I see players everywhere and I'm having fun playing it.
    What load of crap you have to be AFK 24/7 to compete, only AFK i do is when I auto travel from A to B and no I don't fish that much, I have loads of silver and good gear all done with out AFK.
    I do my crafting, farming, pvp, grinding, trading, I do amity where ever I find them, doing questing, I buy pearls once a month like subscription type of thing.
    There are loads of things to do and I enjoy doing them all.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    edited August 2018
    I do think many players give BDO a pass because of its graphics, when you have played long enough you realise how P2W it is. A randomised system of increasing weapon and armour tiers ensures you need tons of in game gold, subsequently players buy cash shop items and sell them for in game gold.

There is a little teamwork but in some ways a fair amount. Little in the way of groups needing to do quests or raids, but more when it comes to making things like ships which are usually a guild effort.

So it is a very mixed bag and for me could not hold my interest past a few months. So not trash, for many it is a great MMO, just not for me.
    Post edited by Scot on
    kenguru23
  • DabOnThemDabOnThem Member UncommonPosts: 141
    edited August 2018
    The advertised fighters look like K pop artist instead of guys whom slay beast. This game really gives the impression of bad ass warriors :D
This discussion has been closed.