Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can now sub to SOTA !

2»

Comments

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Here you go sub people...pay your brains out...Quality of the game is no factor, right?
  • Xee2018Xee2018 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    edited August 2018
    Havoc didn't even have 50 members in SOTA.
     Rolf what are you talking about?  Havoc is a huge guild.  We have 4 player towns (Immortal city, Silver Dale Market, Oracle Oasis, Obsidious) And at least 2 of them one being mine is full. Here is a quick grab I did of a fraction our guild list.  Now I we do have some alts that is for sure, and only 3 people online current as you can see in the white.  But we are well over hundreds of members total.  When was the last time you played?  We had over 50 members when I joined.  I really am getting the sense that most you who think the numbers are low have not been on in a long time :)

Also in case you are wondering why we have so many officers is the leader Cyin makes all Members officers after they have been with the guild for a while so that we can all invite new players all the time.  

blorpykinsGustach
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    That'll come in handy. Have fun with your three people online and 1000 Kickstarter backer buddies and alts that have abandoned this trainwreck.
    Also a quick screen shot of some of whom are online at 10am on a work day that I know.  The slider bar is probably 30 pages of people. 

blorpykins
    As well steam information which you seem to think are the real numbers.  I can tell you myself and more then half online are using game launcher and not the Steam junk.

Xee2018 said:
    Also a quick screen shot of some of whom are online at 10am on a work day that I know.  The slider bar is probably 30 pages of people. 

Quick, send an invite to everyone to come to your POT for a group photo!  Let's see just how many of those aren't afk or running on macro.  Hurry up!
    Gustach
    edited August 2018
    Xee2018 said:

Quick, send an invite to everyone to come to your POT for a group photo!  Let's see just how many of those aren't afk or running on macro.  Hurry up!
    dude I am at work lol, and on top of that Macros will get you banned.  They put in systems that check for repeat tasks / patterns.   there are almost no bots in the game.  I think the only bots/macro people I have seen is at the water wells as water is a pain in the a$$ to farm.  since the update I dont think anyone who knows would even farm the water or risk an account suspend for a few days.  They will get caught unless you have a very smart macro program that randomizes the times between keystrokes.

Also now you are just being silly ;)
    blorpykins
    Here you go sub people...pay your brains out...Quality of the game is no factor, right?
    Game quality is a factor.  The only issues I have right now in the game is quest bugs.  the rest runs fine on my system.  Graphics had a major upgrade last month on the unity engine and over all on a mid to high end system this things looks pretty nice. details on armor and weapons etc are amazing up close.  at distance the details like all games diminish.  I have been impressed with each months optimizations, although there have been some that made it worse which they fix pretty quick (memory leak in unity was one).   I don't know of any other sandbox game that allows you to make pretty much everything, be anything you want, astrological events that affect the world, full weather systems that affect the world, instances and events that change over time.  Large social events, developers put in pretty much anything people ask for as long as it fits with the UO world.   Surface and under world and soon seas and air.   Every month they add massive amounts of content and new stuff.  Bugs happen that is for sure but they are minor usually.  only 1 roll back has ever been done.
    Only 1 roll back has ever been done.  That's so funny because that is exactly why so many people quit playing.  Persistence started more than 2 years ago but they didn't call it commercial launch until 5 months ago, and it was only 2 months ago they started issuing temp bans to people that have hacked the client.

Lol, they don't do anything that would upset the RMT whales.
    Only 1 roll back has ever been done.  That's so funny because that is exactly why so many people quit playing.  Persistence started more than 2 years ago but they didn't call it commercial launch until 5 months ago, and it was only 2 months ago they started issuing temp bans to people that have hacked the client.

Lol, they don't do anything that would upset the RMT whales.
    We are talking to different things here.  Roll back was because of an exploit.  People not playing before official launch is their own fault not the games.   Even I didn't start on persistence start day.  I am a little sad I didn't as that would be some extra levels but not enough to quit the game.  its not a competition type game so it really makes no little difference.    I suppose if you are a crafting type it could have been some lost sales for sure, but that means nothing in the long run.

Temp bans and full bans.  That was when they upgrade the exploit software.  They did bans before but not as much on the macro side as they do now.   I'm fine with that , any system that improves is always a bonus :)

As to Whales they have upset a few with some changes I don't think they cater to the whales though.  The listen to many folks all have a chance via the QA to ask their questions.  Does not matter how small of a pledge you have.    I do know though that I think Dukes and higher do have a better channel with the devs.  I have dev+ access which I use a lot to put my thoughts and ideas into and as I stated before many have been added like that of player made quests / dungeons.  Its something a lot of the community wanted so they did it.   Mind you this was part of the long term plans before we even asked for it.  They just changed the priority because of the demand.

blorpykins