Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - current ship pipeline status

Comments

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited June 2018
    With 3.2 comes several new flyable ships

Reworked Avenger and it's variants

Aegis Eclipse

Anvil Hurricane

Vanduul Blade

Origin600i

Bonus pics of a 600i landed on Crysis island :smiley:

And the F8 Lightning ship (SQ42)

Erillion
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    There is now a new Q&A section for the Drake Vulture:

e.g.
    "If intact components will typically be more valuable for low-volume salvaging versus compressed scrap, and the Vulture can only secure those items by pilot EVA, why would players find the Vulture more desirable to use for light salvage instead of better defended and/or cheaper fighter craft/light hauler like the Hornet, Cutlass, Freelancer, or Aurora CL?

Component salvaging is only part of the salvage career, and whilst any ship could technically do this the Vulture is equipped for the whole process (scraping, processing, and ship breaking) which will maximize profit from your trips versus just grabbing components alone. The Vulture (and other salvage ships such as the Reclaimer) come equipped with dedicated salvage scanners which allow you to identify components and their state much easier than non dedicated ships so whilst you could strip every item out of an abandoned ship into a Cutlass, 90% of them could be such low value such that the Vulture owner would return essentially the same end profit with only grabbing the 10% identified as worthwhile.

An example to use would be Mining in 3.2, players can just fracture and extract every rock in sight but without scanning and reviewing their composition and carefully fracturing, returns will be low versus a player who specifically targets the high value assets."

Have fun
    edited August 2018
    Ship Shape: Crusader Mercury

Updated Ship Size Comparison Chart (with the new Crusader Mercury)

edited October 2018
    Updated Ship List:

Overview & Tour of the Ship Hammerhead @ 4K Ultrawide

New Ships:

Anvil Aerospace - Valkyrie

Drake Interplanetary - Kraken

Remodelled Mustang Series:

Post edited by Babuinix on
    The CitizenCon 2018 gameplay showed some PRELIMINARY in-game ship prices at the ship dealer:

Starter Ship Aurora                        approx 200.000 UEC (United Earth Credits)
    Mining-Ship Prospector                 approx 1,6 Mil.  UEC
    Gunship Hammerhead                   approx 21 Mil. UEC (multiplayer ship)

All is subject to change based on testing and balancing.

Based on this I would estimate my Constellation multiplayer ship to be in the 10 Mil. UEC range.

Have fun

Some stats for the Anvil Valkyrie, which is a Heavy Dropship (= heavily armed troop transport)

5 crew (max) + 20 troops in transport bay

Length 38 m
    Width   28 m
    Height  9.5 m

Looks like our planetary assault space-air-ground battles will get more interesting soon when someone air lifts a 20 man assault team into the battle of our ground battles.

Have fun

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766

I like the reviews of this guy, explains and goes through the little details on the visual and layout approach to how they make the ships. 
    Updated Ship Production Pipeline

Ships Vs Skyrim Map

Erillion
    edited May 2019
    Another addition for the ground hogs - Tumbril Ranger Motorcycle

For the time when you want to jump over a canyon, with a wing of fighter spacecraft canyon running below you ;-)   That "Tom Cruise" moment ....

Have fun

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    One of the things that, imo, RSI does very well is this for example
     https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17067-Tumbril-Ranger

The type of thing you might get in a showroom. Very much the type of thing that a company pitching a TV series or film would produce - wouldn't surprise me if that is were the idea came from.

Most of us - all I would hope - go to the cinema, watch TV or play games to for entertainment; to have fun, challenge ourselves, escape the mundane everyday grind.  

Presenting the information in a brochure is a tiny detail but I think it helps the overall immersion.

And with so many games struggling to get made or stay afloat and game companies going out of business or cutting back I feel there is a lesson there. 
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    all nice, if only they had a game for these
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • OdeezeeOdeezee Member UncommonPosts: 69
    edited June 2019
    really dope new 300i commercial (lots of Carribean vibes):

Erillion

"Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"
    For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

My personal favorite the 890jump finally being worked such a space yacht, the wip:

edited July 2019
    If you want to ruin someones day:

The Anvil Aerospace Ballista anti-air/anti-space tank

Have fun
    Q&A for the Nautilus Minelayer

The mines are quite big with 4x4x4 m

Have fun

Q&A for the RSI Mantis

"Is Interdiction gameplay complete, or will there be more iteration on the mechanic?

As with many features as complex as interdiction, the first implementation you see in our game is never the last, and is frequently subject to change. Players already experienced an early version of interdiction via NPCs in 3.6, and this is the very first implementation for player interdiction. It will definitely improve and be iterated on over time, and we intend to make those improvements fairly quickly. Specifically, we expect to make the following improvements to interdiction over the coming patches:

• More aggressive law enforcement response to the activation of such devices in prohibited zones
    • Law enforcement dialogue related to the various infractions
    • Dialogue to support a variety of NPC character types that have been pulled from QT
    • Larger area of interdiction
    • Improved tracking of ships that have been pulled from QT
    • Mission content involving interdiction/QT-dampening devices

As we gain visibility on expected delivery, we’ll update the Public Roadmap accordingly so you can follow along with development and track the progress."

Have fun
    edited November 2019
    A new variant is the Kraken Privateer

It trades the cargo for shops, aka its own type of commerce ship
    Erillion
    The second vid of the IAE, cinematic vid for RSI ships

Argo Mole is a new ship releasing on Alpha 3.8

No page for it yet but it is a multi-crew mining ship (min 2 up to 4 crew)

Falls on mid-range mining, the big one is the Orion
    Erillion
    The rest of the vids of this year's  IAE

Erillion
    Technical data about the medical ship "RSI Apollo"

Have fun

Quite impressive player undertaking to display all flyable ships in one screenshot:

Look at dem ants, be plays :p 
    Erillion
    BUT BUT ... pixels ... these are only JPG pixel ships ....  Ya cannot fly them ... its all a fake ...

90 days ... tops !

;-)

Have fun
    edited March 2020
    10.000th post ?!  YEAH !  ;-D  (and then ruined it by editing it  ;-) 

Have fun
    Babuinixgervaise1