Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can now sub to SOTA !

LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 691
edited July 2018 in Shroud of the Avatar
Ya know, when you need money but you're stuck with a crapy product . So, let's go for full stupidly greedy and add suscription in addition to your online store! 
Isn't it wonderful !

I can't beleive they did this , that really show how desperate they are.
I guess LB  wants to milk the game as much as he can before selling it to Travian Games.

What a mess...

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=77345

EarthgirlJamesGoblinTokken

Comments

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    More money, please!  Please?
    JamesGoblin
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited July 2018
    LeFantome said:
    Ya know, when you need money but you're stuck with a crapy product . So, let's go for full stupidly greedy and add suscription in addition to your online store! 
    Isn't it wonderful !

I can't beleive they did this , that really show how desperate they are.
    I guess LB  wants to milk the game as much as he can before selling it to Travian Games.

What a mess...

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=77345
    Is adding a sub really more stupid than the guy literally selling his own blood to the community for money? Or making money off of his dead mum by selling in-game pictures of her?
    DakeruEarthgirlNilden
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    garbage game

• blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    The new sub is a pre spending plan so RMT traders can qualify for all the stretchgoals from the monthly telethons.  I feel bad for all the employees that were laid off right before this was announced, why didn't they try this to see if it would save some jobs?  They brought backa stretchgoal from 2014 for mounts.  Years ago they had a stretchgoal for mounts in SOTA and it didn't fund, so they said it would be in episode 2.  What they meant was, the stretchgoal would be tried again in episode 2. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Looking past the hate, seems like a form of patron status which many games offer these days. Not required, so I don't view this as a typical subscription.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Kyleran said:
    Looking past the hate, seems like a form of patron status which many games offer these days. Not required, so I don't view this as a typical subscription.

Some guilds for games not even in Alpha (look at Dleatherus's Bordweall Kingdom for Elyria) have setup monthly subscriptions/patreons. 

Not very shocking that a game would do the same.    Now whether it's good/bad... well that's a different conversation and I think it just speaks to how low we have fallen.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• InteritusInteritus Member UncommonPosts: 236
    There's a lot of games that have or had item stores and subscriptions of some sort.  Alone this isn't a huge deal. Although I wonder if this is something they should have started sooner.  Biggest concern is the obsidian potions feeding into the B2W mindset. But at the same time they had to make the $9 justifiable
  • rune_74rune_74 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Lay off half your team then add a subscription plan to pay the rest...game is healthy:P
    postlarval
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    The only reason they're doing this is that they need to finish part two, otherwise the whale pod will turn into a rabid pack of wolves.

That's what happens when you trick people into giving you thousands of dollars and fail to deliver a decent game.

*shrug*
    JamesGoblin

• EarthgirlEarthgirl Member UncommonPosts: 97
    The reason could also be to send out the physical goods, they are saying it is the only kickstarter promise they have not met.  If there is a part 2 I'll be surprised. 

On a side note, the country I had listed on my account page for shipping had been changed.

• DracSchniderDracSchnider Member UncommonPosts: 223
    The subs are awesome, every person in our guild (which is over a hundred) have subbed.  Reason being.  It saves us from having to be around the days they do their livestream stretch goals.  We not automatically get the rewards if stretch goals are met.   We also get 9 Cotos which is worth $9 (1 months Tax approx.) for the free row house that you get.  We also get buff potions which is another perc.  The sub pays for itself and is a good offer for those of us that work on Thursdays when they do these stretch.

SOTA is not going anywhere, it has already started Ep2 stretch goals and along with the monthly contributions and the subs it will continue to keep growing.  I think a lot of you underestimate how many backers(share holders) there are that will keep this always moving forward.  

KyleranLeFantome
  • Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    The subs are awesome, every person in our guild (which is over a hundred) have subbed.  Reason being.  It saves us from having to be around the days they do their livestream stretch goals.  We not automatically get the rewards if stretch goals are met.   We also get 9 Cotos which is worth $9 (1 months Tax approx.) for the free row house that you get.  We also get buff potions which is another perc.  The sub pays for itself and is a good offer for those of us that work on Thursdays when they do these stretch.

SOTA is not going anywhere, it has already started Ep2 stretch goals and along with the monthly contributions and the subs it will continue to keep growing.  I think a lot of you underestimate how many backers(share holders) there are that will keep this always moving forward.  

Another broken kickstarter promise. They said their wont be any subscriptions.
    postlarval

Do you guys take polls or something asking if people in your guild pay a sub?

Interesting you would know right off that every person in it has subbed, and why they all did so.

Slapshot1188

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Here on mmorpg.com, we'd rather pay a sub than play some f2P korean game infested with p2w mechanics, thus Sota is good!
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505

No, I can comfortably answer how many backers are still there: relatively few.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Still better than 1000+ dollar imaginary spaceship jpegs
    DracSchniderkenguru23

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

"every person in our guild (which is over a hundred) have subbed"

Wow, that's amazing! The entire game's population in one guild.
    LeFantomeKylerankenguru23

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 691

****I think a lot of you underestimate the backers. ****  You're right, I thought they were going to quit a year ago. But they quit a few months ago. After the release…  And there is not such a thing in SOTA. A guild with 100+  player ?  Show me that screenshot !

Aragon100 said:

that is true they said it would not be a subscription model.  That said none is required, this was something that many wanted so they added it.  It was away to donate to the stretch goals with out having to be there all the time to ensure you get the rewards.

Kyleran said:

Interesting you would know right off that every person in it has subbed, and why they all did so.

Yes our guild asked and people responded who had.
    Slapshot1188
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    I walked away from this game feeling like Lord British had become a sleazy used car salesman.  Didn't help that the game felt empty, unfinished and unrealized and frankly, bad.
    TokkenEarthgirlJamesGoblin

• rune_74rune_74 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Aragon100 said:

that is true they said it would not be a subscription model.  That said none is required, this was something that many wanted so they added it.  It was away to donate to the stretch goals with out having to be there all the time to ensure you get the rewards.

Kyleran said:

Ok, prove it...what guild?

rune_74 said:
    Aragon100 said:

Kyleran said:

Havoc
    Kyleran
    rune_74 said:
    Aragon100 said:

Kyleran said:

Havoc
    The outcome of that exchange reminded me of when my children at age 5 or 6 would challenge my assertion I could answer any math problem in my head. 

They would then ask what was  "xxxx times yyyyyyyy" was.

Regardless of what my reply was they had no way to verify the validity of my reply.

Same thing here.

• Xee2018Xee2018 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Lol Hey Cyan/Dracschnider, I didn't realize you were in Havoc.  You do know I am in that guild as well lol.  There are a lot of members in Havoc that is for sure.  Active members varies day to day, weekends would be the best to capture for proof if you want to satisfy these guys.    As to total members we are over 1000 but there are a lot that don't log in.  I think only active accounts should count.   mind you then we have to define active.  if they log in every other month is that active? or only those that play daily?
    blorpykins
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    Havoc didn't even have 50 members in SOTA.