Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes 101 - PvP Review

jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
Ashes 101 - PVP Review

Done in that educational based method that I use.

Enjoy!

~Jahlon

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Thanks again Jahlon, 

Can you also talk about PvE aspects of the game for us that are not a true PvPer ?

I'm more PvE orientated with a dash of PvP in me.  Can a PvE person survive in a game like this ?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Looking for the Cliff Notes summary, more of a reader than a watcher.

;)

Slapshot1188

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    And here I thought we had some gameplay :)
    NDA still I think?

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Can't get too concerned about combat mechanics until a game gets pretty well into development,  several titles (CU, CF, SC etc) have found it necessary to make significant design changes as they worked through delivery.

Few games can survive player "ingenuity" without the devs having to put in significant controls to temper the more "creative" members of the community.

• jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Thanks again Jahlon, 

Can you also talk about PvE aspects of the game for us that are not a true PvPer ?

I'm more PvE orientated with a dash of PvP in me.  Can a PvE person survive in a game like this ?

Yes, there is going to be plenty to do for a person PvE wise.   As you saw the corruption penalties are going to be pretty stiff so I don't see this turning into a gankbox.

Kyleran said:
    Looking for the Cliff Notes summary, more of a reader than a watcher.

;)

TL;DW

There is enough for people to do PvP wise that they don't have to go around killing people

Meaningful PvP

Castle Sieges

Node Sieges

Arenas

Caravans

Guild vs Guild Wars

Node vs Node Wars

And here I thought we had some gameplay :)

17th at 2 PDT on their Twitch, or as soon as Steven tears up my NDA

Kyleran said:
    Can't get too concerned about combat mechanics until a game gets pretty well into development,  several titles (CU, CF, SC etc) have found it necessary to make significant design changes as they worked through delivery.

Few games can survive player "ingenuity" without the devs having to put in significant controls to temper the more "creative" members of the community.

Exactly!

And exactly why they are dedicated Alpha 1 Phase 1 to Combat testing so that if the combat is bad, or the mechanics of the games are bad, we can fix it right away.