Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disc priests are the new (and better) affliction warlocks

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
edited August 2018 in World of Warcraft
Go make one :)

Solo (without warframe) argus bosses...NEVER dropping below 90% health (I've pretty much stayed at 100%)...always shielded...quite a bit of damage and you also get leech healing (atonement) and also get healing spells at same time.

For you soloers out there that don't want a tank like blood DK to solo with...you are welcome for the info :) Even better than affliction warlock was in legion. I'd say actually better for soloing than CURRENT blood DK...though still not as good as Legion's Blood DK

And even if they nerf stuff...still gonna be better due to the spells/mechanic of the shield. The only way it be worse is if they re-add the cooldown on the power shield AND make it more expensive, but as it is, its spammable and super cheap to cast at that. Plus the other defensive stuff, and another shield if traited for it

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

SBFordOctagon7711

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Just keep in mind Blizzard's mantra, "Fun detected. Fun deleted." Or in your case, nerfed. :dizzy:

Seriously, I'm glad for Discs. It's fun to shine, even if for a limited time. :)
    Octagon7711[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    SBFord said:
    Just keep in mind Blizzard's mantra, "Fun detected. Fun deleted." Or in your case, nerfed. :dizzy:

Seriously, I'm glad for Discs. It's fun to shine, even if for a limited time. :)
    Well, Legion disc priests soloed pretty well too actually. I'd say top 5 solo specs. Though, it feels even better in pre-patch for some reason despite no artifact and the stat scaling stuff. I think its cause I do more damage than I did before pre-patch despite my items being the same, so its going a lot better.

That or compared to other classes, their self sustain didn't take a hit at all. Not joking, disc priests have as much self sustain as they did in Legion. Where as, Vengeance DH, Blood DKs and Affliction warlocks are very easy to notice how much less self sustain they have. I still self heal a ton through atonement leech, shields are BETTER (cause can spam one) and do damage on top of that.

Its the one spec/class that pretty much goes under the radar though. Any time I ever saw anyone ask about solo classes during Legion, priests were never or barely mentioned except a post or two. Seems a bit more people have caught on, but people still more so recommend other classes.

I'm sure if more people played priests or/and others caught on, blizzard would probably nerf them. They are pretty OP in their self sustain compared to other pre-patch classes. Their self sustain didn't take a hit, at all.

They don't seem buffed really besides spamming the shield (and I think the shield lasts longer too on top of that, in Legion I seemed to need to cast it a lot more). Its just, every other class lost a lot of self sustain and disc priests lost 0 anything as far as I can tell.

Maybe at 120 though it'll be different, but in pre-patch their self sustain is crazy compared to all the classes that instead lost their self sustain.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited August 2018
    They were during MoP as well. Blizzard's response back then was to .... nerf some of the warlock's few spells that made them fun!
    [Deleted User]
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    The worst part about this....all of the other "over-tuned" classes are being nerfed yet they said they are still looking into the disc priest. So the few classes that could negate the discs are now nerfed and the disc priests are rolling. Just stupid execution with the fixes. 

And I'm tired of hearing the whole "it will be fine at 120" crap. 
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I think its balanced now for level 120. So for low level there are always a few classes that shine more.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    SBFord said:

The problem here is with respect to PvP it is only fun for the ONE player with the overpowered class, deleting the fun for everyone else. Sorry...not glad for anyone who has a God-mode class, even if for a limited time. 
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Assassin rogues are the ones I despise atm. I was with a resto druid friend fighting, 3-4 other players in wpvp for awhile and an assassin rogue shows up and it was pretty much insta dead for both of us.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I can't be too mad, my main is a Ret Paladin and we've been pretty gnarly throughout Legion and doesn't really seem to change much for BfA.

I do have a Destro Lock I'm having fun with currently.  Unfortunately, he has way too much cast time to work in PvP.
    [Deleted User]

edited August 2018
    wtf (in a good way if like OP classes)

Well I found the class that is even better than Disc priest. And to double check, I searched the class name on the forums...and its flown VERY under the radar compared to rogues and disc priests

I just solo tanked...as a freshly boosted 110 resto druid...a blood DK, a disc priest (yup) and a shadow priest

And I can solo argus bosses even better than disc priest...like not even break a sweat

With my trait build as resto, I have so many Oh SH! heals and defensive stuff, some are expensive so its easy to run out of mana compared to disc priest, but with proper usage I was on full mana the entire fight against THREE different classes... SOLO. The shadow priest came last (about 5 minutes after the fight started), I think he randomly came along. But, the disc priest took the longest to kill but finally managed it.

Even better than disc priests...how no one on the forums is calling for nerfs to Druid is beyond me. The blood and disc priest were both 110, but looked far better items than my boosted ones. Shadow priest was 107, but due to new changes its like they are level 110 when I fight anyone lower (something like that)

After the fight is when I figured...well if I can solo that many classes, especially overpowered disc priests...argus bosses should be no problem

but one step further than disc priest

as disc priest cant solo invasions (at least with the current item level, but still better than my fresh druid)

my freshly boosted druid solos legion invasions on argus no problem. 

Wonder why no one is calling for nerfs compared to disc priest and rogue lol

Though...wonder how resto druids are at 120. Cause at least right now, they are way better than disc priests lol

I think healers in general must be good in pre-patch. Since release is later today, we'll see how things look at 120.

But as of now...in regards to PVE...tried holy spec on my priest, and its actually also better than disc (PVE wise, dunno about PvP. I did kill a rogue, but doesnt say much)...and disc is still good even after the nerfs. But, I can solo even easier as holy than disc lol. But I can also solo and do amazing at PvP with resto druid which is still better than holy.