Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warfronts Will Arrive a Few Weeks After the Launch of Battle for Azeroth - World of Warcraft - MMORP

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited August 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageWarfronts Will Arrive a Few Weeks After the Launch of Battle for Azeroth - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft News - If you were looking forward to taking part in Warfronts when World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth launches, you may want to temper that hope. According to one of Blizzard's community managers, Warfronts will not be part of the launch experience. The game's first warfront, Battle for Stromgard, will arrive in September.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I can't wait to get inside so I can afk for a hour and collect my loot!
    jgDuffayAlexandrionpantaroArskaaaDiscipledOnerodingoborghive49TintagilnumanpFrodoFraginsand 1 other.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Blizz really milking that content already
    Viper482
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

thunderC said:

This is no different than what they have done with raid unlocks for a decade +. It's not milking content. It's "the way it's been done". *shrugs* They want players to level, gear up and so forth before putting out the "more difficult" content like Mythic +, PvP Season 1, Mythic Raiding and, now, Warfronts.
    sacredcow4ZalgotasCelciuspostlarvalLeiloniJeffSpicoli

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237
    cant keep any content behind any kind of time\pay\difficulty lock these days without people screaming about it xD
    OyjordCelciuspostlarvalLeiloniThahar
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    SBFord said:

thunderC said:

This is no different than what they have done with raid unlocks for a decade +. It's not milking content. It's "the way it's been done". *shrugs* They want players to level, gear up and so forth before putting out the "more difficult" content like Mythic +, PvP Season 1, Mythic Raiding and, now, Warfronts.
    Do we know what the itemization is like in BfA?  I haven't read much about that.  What will the power gap be between 110 gear currently and the BfA 120 gear?

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    I hope this is fun, cautiously looking forward to it.
    Oyjord
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766

SBFord said:

thunderC said:

Do we know what the itemization is like in BfA?  I haven't read much about that.  What will the power gap be between 110 gear currently and the BfA 120 gear?

just like the last 2 expansions, if you are decked out in top tier mythic gear you'll be hard pressed to find upgrades till endgame heroic dungeons.

Except for weapons, players artifacts will more likely be replaced mid leveling experience
    MadFrenchie
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

sayuu said:

SBFord said:

thunderC said:

just like the last 2 expansions, if you are decked out in top tier mythic gear you'll be hard pressed to find upgrades till endgame heroic dungeons.

Except for weapons, players artifacts will more likely be replaced mid leveling experience

This has never happened in any expansion... like any other mythic gear from previous expansion you will replace it by level 118.
    Normal dungeons drop 310, Heroic 325, Mythic 340(?)+.
    Psym0n
  • DiscipledOneDiscipledOne Member UncommonPosts: 103
    The warm up to this expansion doesn’t have me nearly as hyped as the last few, but maybe that’s a good thing. Overall. I am thinking of taking off from work a bit early tomorrow so I can get in on that server queue action.
    saurus123
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    SBFord said:

thunderC said:

You can see this for yourself by logging into the game and checking the dungeon journal. Shows all the gear for the different difficulty levels from dungeons/raids/world bosses. Can't see warfront/wq rewards however.
    MadFrenchie

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    I tested these is beta, they are boring and they can't be lost. You are guaranteed victory every match. There was a lot of afking in them too.

I don't get why Blizzard keeps making this type of content, if there is zero chance of failing the content, why would anyone bother even trying?

LFR is kind of like this, eventually you get enough determination that you just over power the encounter.

sayuu said:

SBFord said:

thunderC said:

This has never happened in any expansion... like any other mythic gear from previous expansion you will replace it by level 118.

not true.
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

sayuu said:

sayuu said:

SBFord said:

thunderC said:

not true.

It's true because it's a fact. All mythic gear gets replaced max 7-8 levels into leveling. That's been like that since Vanilla. MoP legendary cloak was the only exception where people used it in normal dungeons(maybe even heroics if super unlucky) for a while and that's only because it had a really strong proc.

Gear from new content is always higher level. Makes 0 sense to have old gear be good enough for new content.

For those that are curious current legendaries are 265(previous ilvl 1000, which was max level), while 260-270 gear starts dropping around level 116-118, so yeah you will replace all your gear before level 120. At 120 there are normal quests that give 300 ilvl gear while WQ will probably give even slightly higher ilvl(it's corresponding to your ilvl). If you get lucky with warforge/titanforge you can probably skip doing normal dungeons and get 325 ilvl gear for heroic dungeons from vendors and world quests.
    CelciusThupli

sayuu said:

sayuu said:

SBFord said:

thunderC said:

not true.

It's true because it's a fact. All mythic gear gets replaced max 7-8 levels into leveling. That's been like that since Vanilla. MoP legendary cloak was the only exception where people used it in normal dungeons(maybe even heroics if super unlucky) for a while and that's only because it had a really strong proc.

Gear from new content is always higher level. Makes 0 sense to have old gear be good enough for new content.

For those that are curious current legendaries are 265(previous ilvl 1000, which was max level), while 260-270 gear starts dropping around level 116-118, so yeah you will replace all your gear before level 120. At 120 there are normal quests that give 300 ilvl gear while WQ will probably give even slightly higher ilvl(it's corresponding to your ilvl). If you get lucky with warforge/titanforge you can probably skip doing normal dungeons and get 325 ilvl gear for heroic dungeons from vendors and world quests.
    Regardless of getting lucky gear or not you should be skipping normal dungeons outside of doing them for the dungeon quest at the end of a zone. Normal dungeons are for strictly new players to wow and is a waste of time for anyone at all versed in playing WoW.
    Xingbairong

sayuu said:

sayuu said:

SBFord said:

thunderC said:

not true.

again not true. . .there was no mythic in vanilla. . . 
    ZalgotasCelcius
    sayuu said:

sayuu said:

sayuu said:

SBFord said:

thunderC said:

not true.

again not true. . .there was no mythic in vanilla. . . 
    can we get a name change for sayuu to be maximumpedantry from now on?
    ZalgotasCelciuspostlarvalThupliLeiloniXingbairong

I tested these is beta, they are boring and they can't be lost. You are guaranteed victory every match. There was a lot of afking in them too.

I don't get why Blizzard keeps making this type of content, if there is zero chance of failing the content, why would anyone bother even trying?

LFR is kind of like this, eventually you get enough determination that you just over power the encounter.
    Yeah, this is what I've always had a problem with for "story mode" content, especially with Legion's gearing system (got a 235 trinket from lfr a week ago on my alt on aggramar, cause ya know titanforging...). This gear can supposedly drop up to heroic raid level gear so that's always nice....Gearing isn't going to be a real "issue" for most people tbh anyway the first week or 2 due to how intensive the grind is for mythic level traits on azerite gear, so that heroic chest/shoulder/head is going to be better for 85% of the playerbase vs mythic due to how high of a azerite level you need to unlock the first tier of traits. That said though, this system is just lackluster atm that I dont even care to bother raiding until maybe a couple of patches.
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    edited August 2018

jgDuffay said:

cant keep any content behind any kind of time\pay\difficulty lock these days without people screaming about it xD

The WoW community is used to this. It is the people on the outside looking in that really like to complain about it Personally, I don't mind it in the case of Warfronts or the other end game content being gated (Mythic+ / Raids) as it gives me a chance to really savoir the rest of the expansion.
    Soki123Leiloni
  • claytondoraclaytondora Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Really wish warfronts had a pvp mode like the Island Expeditions. It just fits so well...
    Thupli
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    edited August 2018
    Really wish warfronts had a pvp mode like the Island Expeditions. It just fits so well...
    I suspect that Warfronts will probably have a PvP mode or some kind of PvP version when they update the feature/ add new ones in future patches. I think this seems like a missed opportunity otherwise. 
    ThupliEl-HefeXingbairong
  • El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760
    I agree with Celcius above me. They roll out the new mode pve style and eventually it will turn to pvp modes.

I've got the straight edge.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    SBFord said:

thunderC said:

If milking is what "they've always done", it's still milking

Celcius said:

jgDuffay said:

The WoW community is used to this. It is the people on the outside looking in that really like to complain about it Personally, I don't mind it in the case of Warfronts or the other end game content being gated (Mythic+ / Raids) as it gives me a chance to really savoir the rest of the expansion.

The 'community' doesn't mind timegating if its worth wait, which as an actually piece of content, warfronts is not. Id say blizzard needs to stop being arrogant when gating though since a lot more people are just unsubbing/stop logging in under the time comes depending on what is being gated and what there currently is to do. The prepatch event is a prime example with a large portion of people not even logging in until the following week. But if that's the type of game they want, its fine.
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Warfront a PVE game mode :D
  • xion12121xion12121 Member UncommonPosts: 199
    First of all people will be leveling up for a few weeks. It's the launch of the expnsion after all, plus you will have bgs and other content until warfronts are put in.

I would give you a guest pass to SWOTR, but then I wouldn't be able to find a way to live with myself afterwards....