Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No more auto accept feature in WoW - sneaked in patch (they didn't document it)

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
edited August 2018 in World of Warcraft
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767696713?page=1

and

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/95str9/latest_hotfix_has_removed_autoaccepting_group/

All this does will make people either

A: Solo more 
B: Just not do the content
C: A few might just still find groups for it (but that won't be the majority)
D : A mix of the above

A and B being the most likely options. As seen in the past whenever Blizzard has tried anything similar to make grouping annoying or content too hard, most players just don't do it. Which maybe that is their intent, but it didn't do well in the past for them subscription number wise.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    As for my opinion on the matter...

Any change to make soloing more enticing, which then creates more soloers ...is amazing for me and other players who solo. This change won't make most people be more proactive about finding groups...all it will do is create MORE soloers. From there, because there are more soloers, blizzard will be "demanded" to make more and more solo content.

This change isn't going to be very helpful to people who like to group. With the change already that auto group finder for world quests was removed.

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Are you actually playing the game and experiencing how things work or are you just taking the word from some forum complainers?

Here's how it works. Yes, you can no longer press 1 button to automatically searched for related groups for the WQ boss or invasion portal and press another to join group if it finds one or a button that creates a group if none are found.

That is all very true. How it works now is you press the little demon eye button that brings up the premade group window and you have to type in what you're looking for or just press start your own group and turn on auto accept and you're good.

Complain about something that's actually bad. Like the fact that azerite gear is terrible for people who play multiple specs on their character because if you choose a spec specific trait on a piece of azerite gear, that same trait is chosen even if you swapped to a different spec which leaves you 2 options, reforge every single time you switch specs(not feasible due to increasing gold costs) or farm azerite sets for each spec you play.

Blizzard mentioned they didn't like how players inventories were clogged with tons of different secondary stat gear yet they do this with azerite gear which means players inventories are going to be clogged yet again.
    Viper482JeleenaPhry

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

edited August 2018
    Anything to make grouping require more work to do for someone is good for me. I'm not complaining, I truly actually love the change. Like I said, I'm 100% solo...and to add...I will fail to solo an endgame dungeon (to finish a questline) for days or weeks trying to solo it instead of grouping. So far soloed every dungeon in broken isles, longest one took 8 days trying to figure out how to solo it. So I'm very happy that blizzard makes grouping harder or more annoying to do. It was annoying people being able to automate grouping and click a button, because it gave a more incentive to group for that content.

And like you said, now people either have to type to find a group OR make one their own but a lot of people don't like starting their own group so its all good for me.

Thats why I like WoW...its very solo player friendly. And while a lot of MMOs do their best to make it EASIER to group, WoW makes it harder or more time consuming to join a group by removing easy access to auto join groups.

Now I can solo invasions on argus without worrying about needing to join a party and all the much too easy access to join groups. So that is other thing I'm happy about. I'm glad blizzard took out that world quest addon to join groups. It made it kinda required to group, when I'd rather just solo.

(edit: And not trolling and no sarcasm, I truly love the change. I like they make grouping more involved to join instead of all the automation. It makes soloing a lot better, since I don't have all that automated group stuff in my face. And if people solo more because of the changes to automated grouping or not wanting to start their own group...all the better for me.
    Viper482

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    I don't understand why anyone would defend this shit or think it is a good thing. It was something that made finding a group for open world stuff convenient. I love old school grouping, but WoW is not designed for that. This was a feature enjoyed by most and there was absolutely no valid reason to remove it.  
    Jeleena
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    edited August 2018
    Anything to make grouping require more work to do for someone is good for me. I'm not complaining, I truly actually love the change. Like I said, I'm 100% solo...and to add...I will fail to solo an endgame dungeon (to finish a questline) for days or weeks trying to solo it instead of grouping. So far soloed every dungeon in broken isles, longest one took 8 days trying to figure out how to solo it. So I'm very happy that blizzard makes grouping harder or more annoying to do. It was annoying people being able to automate grouping and click a button, because it gave a more incentive to group for that content.

And like you said, now people either have to type to find a group OR make one their own but a lot of people don't like starting their own group so its all good for me.

Thats why I like WoW...its very solo player friendly. And while a lot of MMOs do their best to make it EASIER to group, WoW makes it harder or more time consuming to join a group by removing easy access to auto join groups.

Now I can solo invasions on argus without worrying about needing to join a party and all the much too easy access to join groups. So that is other thing I'm happy about. I'm glad blizzard took out that world quest addon to join groups. It made it kinda required to group, when I'd rather just solo.

(edit: And not trolling and no sarcasm, I truly love the change. I like they make grouping more involved to join instead of all the automation. It makes soloing a lot better, since I don't have all that automated group stuff in my face. And if people solo more because of the changes to automated grouping or not wanting to start their own group...all the better for me.

What was stopping you from soloing invasions before?? It never MADE you join a group.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    edited August 2018
    Viper482 said:

What was stopping you from soloing invasions before?? It never MADE you join a group.
    Okay, so I admit. Most of that, while true in that I would much rather solo...the post was more made in a facetious manner. Cause dunno... like you, why anyone would defend making grouping anything but easier, in an MMO is strange. It only tells me they (Blizzard in this case) want people to solo...

when every other MMO makes grouping easier and less complicated and annoying lol. I did put that in one of those posts I made above, as a hint to how I actually feel. 

All the auto grouping features I DID use, simply cause it was easier than how it is now. So the auto grouping features made me...group...as a soloer... cause it was just way faster and better and I could treat the people like NPCs since no one talked to each other except at the end I always said "thank you" or "good group", sometimes others did that too.

Now soloing is easier (but still longer, but now far less annoying than finding a group) without going through hoops to join groups. So now I can go back to my soloing ways which I prefer and its also now less annoying than typing to find a group and also I never make my own group.

And the person above (not the quote person) said "make a group" doesn't solve anything. In the real world, the vast majority of the population are followers and not leaders...so most people actually rather not make a group and take on the role and be a leader. That is too much of a big role for me and most other people in the world.

Also, others are reporting they are already noticing a vast decrease in groups.

------------------------------------------------
    Brax102 Night Elf Demon Hunter151355117 posts
    08/11/2018 09:39 PMPosted by Borgini
    No, it isn't going to become desolate just because of this pathetic issue.

It's already done. Yesterday I had plenty of quests in which my party did not fill before I completed the quest. Previously, for all those quests, I would be placed in a full party nearly instantly.

You may be thinking of other content types where the same dynamics are not playing out, but for regular world quests, it's already night and day.
    --------------------------------------------------

This isn't the only poster noticing its either taking longer to get into a group (for world quests at least), or just less groups in general.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    And? So what.
    Moirae said:
    And? So what.
    And? So what.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited August 2018
    Based off some of the comments I read on the website, they are targeting people who are selling Raid Runs for Real Money?

At this point this is where I would say "Who Cares" if people sell "Raid Runs" for Real Money it doesn't harm other players who do not wish to participiate in such activity and the game is free as it is besides subscription (no one forces you to RMT).... This being said "Blizzard allows people to buy WOW Tokens" Instantly get real money in game currency value and give it away for a raid run.

This is where Laws should be passed in countries just like EU, and the Gambling / Loot Box law that makes "Selling a users Time" a legal aspect including in Online Gaming, for example the EULA says you can't sell In-Game Currency, or Items, however if you choose to sell (YOUR TIME) doing the raid or playing the game with another user it should not be a ban worth offense and should be legal. As the NPC says in WOW (Time Is Money Friend)...

Blizzard is a Million Dollar company it doesn't hurt anyone, and disabling add-on's like this on the other side just makes people quit on the other hand, I've not really played wow since Burning Crusade because in my Eyes Blizzard destroyed the lore, and game-play since it's original creation.
    pantaro
    You say you're not trolling but you obviously are by saying "Now i can solo invasions on argus without needing to join a party or group as if the change changed anything about that for you. You needed to download an addon for the auto grouping thing and if you didn't like grouping obviously you wouldn't have had said addon.
    Kylerankitarad

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    WoW currently isn't designed for open world grouping? Lol have you played half the game's current specs/classes? Over half of them currently require a group to kill quite a few things now, compared to legion since most artifact traits made quite a few classes way better at solo'ing than they have been for years. Of course its possible azerite gear can do them same; however, comparing the 2 at the very start of their respective expansions, Legion definitely had more to offer than bfa will until more is know about further raid azerite gear and how the system will progress. That said, people will have to actually type something vs just hitting one button. People always adapt if they want something done, plus its also possible that a modder can find another work around, the expansion isn't even out so its still too early to tell. Just like most addons break for a week after a big patch. People should be more worried about why you're doing content instead of that you have more content to do. It doesn't matter if the rewards overlap so much that half the content becomes pointless that what ended up happening for the most part in legion. The only reason people bothered to still do emissary dailies and such was because of rng leggos. Since those are gone, WQs and such will soon follow.
    edited August 2018
    Sephiroso said:
    You say you're not trolling but you obviously are by saying "Now i can solo invasions on argus without needing to join a party or group as if the change changed anything about that for you. You needed to download an addon for the auto grouping thing and if you didn't like grouping obviously you wouldn't have had said addon.
    Avoided the entire discussion and resorted to using the catchphrase "trolling". Couldn't come up with any other argument for your case to make about making grouping harder and annoying...when every other MMO makes grouping easier and less annoying?

Albatroes said:
    WoW currently isn't designed for open world grouping? Lol have you played half the game's current specs/classes? Over half of them currently require a group to kill quite a few things now, compared to legion since most artifact traits made quite a few classes way better at solo'ing than they have been for years. Of course its possible azerite gear can do them same; however, comparing the 2 at the very start of their respective expansions, Legion definitely had more to offer than bfa will until more is know about further raid azerite gear and how the system will progress. That said, people will have to actually type something vs just hitting one button. People always adapt if they want something done, plus its also possible that a modder can find another work around, the expansion isn't even out so its still too early to tell. Just like most addons break for a week after a big patch. People should be more worried about why you're doing content instead of that you have more content to do. It doesn't matter if the rewards overlap so much that half the content becomes pointless that what ended up happening for the most part in legion. The only reason people bothered to still do emissary dailies and such was because of rng leggos. Since those are gone, WQs and such will soon follow.
    What? How can you seriously make the claim legion start has more to offer than bfa? Bfa out the gate has 10 dungeons. Legion had 8. Without doubt Blizzard will be adding more as BFA progresses and i've no doubt it'll reach 14+ by the end. BFA's first raid has 1 more boss than Legion's. BFA will have WQs just like legion.

The ap system is the same(but better) as the ap(azerite power) system in BFA. Azerite gear is akin to the relics from Legion. All the owpvp stuff added, Warfronts, Island Expeditions. You straight up trippin if you think Legion had more content than BFA at launch. Seriously.

edited August 2018
    Renoaku said:
    Based off some of the comments I read on the website, they are targeting people who are selling Raid Runs for Real Money?

At this point this is where I would say "Who Cares" if people sell "Raid Runs" for Real Money it doesn't harm other players who do not wish to participiate in such activity and the game is free as it is besides subscription (no one forces you to RMT).... This being said "Blizzard allows people to buy WOW Tokens" Instantly get real money in game currency value and give it away for a raid run.

This is where Laws should be passed in countries just like EU, and the Gambling / Loot Box law that makes "Selling a users Time" a legal aspect including in Online Gaming, for example the EULA says you can't sell In-Game Currency, or Items, however if you choose to sell (YOUR TIME) doing the raid or playing the game with another user it should not be a ban worth offense and should be legal. As the NPC says in WOW (Time Is Money Friend)...

Blizzard is a Million Dollar company it doesn't hurt anyone, and disabling add-on's like this on the other side just makes people quit on the other hand, I've not really played wow since Burning Crusade because in my Eyes Blizzard destroyed the lore, and game-play since it's original creation.
    Well, maybe I missed some of it. But I mostly saw raid runs sell for in-game currency. But yeah, they seem to be against people selling raids for in-game gold for some time now...at least since toward end of Legion. Even though most of the time I personally never saw real money that was involved, but just game currency. But I don't stand in trade chat all day, so maybe there were those wanting actual money.

It could be they are going back to vanilla style, catering to the more hardcore playerbase for both PVE and PvP. Where as far as PVE/raids go...even blizzard said (forgot what expansion, but it was either WOTLK or before that...they stated pretty early on) that only 1% of the playerbase even actually did raids. They still have LFR, but wouldn't surprise me if they removed that at some point and it goes back to 1% of the players raid, rest PVP or/and do non-raid content. 

If that is the case, I dunno how they'd think that will work out...the people playing WoW today aren't the same people who liked vanilla. And those who have kept playing since vanilla I'd imagine are playing cause they like WoW as it is...seems a lot of changes to bring back old players, but all the new players and players who liked "casual" WoW I dunno. We'll see how BFA works out in that regard

But for actual selling raids...dunno why thats ever been a problem when it doesn't effect anyone and people that have earned game gold (or through selling tokens I guess too, but thats money to blizzard) and more people were able to do raid content by getting runs and seeing more of the game. And the ones doing it for real money, I personally didn't see much of.

Maybe there is something I'm missing with that...I guess maybe gold seller/account sellers or/and the blackmarket was selling raid runs and that is where the real money problem comes from? I kinda recall seeing that stated. Not much a reason to punish everyone else.

edited August 2018
    Sephiroso said:
    Albatroes said:
    What? How can you seriously make the claim legion start has more to offer than bfa? Bfa out the gate has 10 dungeons. Legion had 8. Without doubt Blizzard will be adding more as BFA progresses and i've no doubt it'll reach 14+ by the end. BFA's first raid has 1 more boss than Legion's. BFA will have WQs just like legion.

The ap system is the same(but better) as the ap(azerite power) system in BFA. Azerite gear is akin to the relics from Legion. All the owpvp stuff added, Warfronts, Island Expeditions. You straight up trippin if you think Legion had more content than BFA at launch. Seriously.
    As far as artifacts go, in regards to azerite and artifacts. The Legion artifacts were obviously far higher quality, in not just the time spent making them but everything else.

-Each legion artifact weapon had its own look with multiple appearances
    -Some legion artifacts had actual voice acting
    -azerites are almost entirely if not all passives
    -legion artifact traits actually changed the classes and gave them new mechanics or added new abilities (and they did add some abilities to talent trees, but some cases its not worth taking over another talent or/and the artifact replaced talents instead of adding a new tier to the talent tree. the legion artifacts actually added stuff, didn't need to choose or remove anything)

in before you say "lol legion artifact added ability bloat lololol"

But the fact some legion artifacts had voice acting, and each artifact had multiple appearances shows far more work was done on them. Also that they added abilities, not passives.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Sephiroso said:
    Albatroes said:

I should've clarified and said that the artifact system offered more than bfa's azerite system will at the start. Sometimes my brain goes faster than I type. That aside, more stuff to do doesn't mean its quality or that it will remain relevant. The only reason dungeons remained relevant in legion was 1) rng leggos and 2) they kept scaling up the ilvl, which of course they will do here.
    Albatroes said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Albatroes said:

I should've clarified and said that the artifact system offered more than bfa's azerite system will at the start. Sometimes my brain goes faster than I type. That aside, more stuff to do doesn't mean its quality or that it will remain relevant. The only reason dungeons remained relevant in legion was 1) rng leggos and 2) they kept scaling up the ilvl, which of course they will do here.
    yeah, bfa azerite as I posted above is all passives as far as I've seen on WoWhead. No voice acting like legion artifacts. No custom appearances to collect...

Everything I've seen of BFA is looking like its gonna be as "good" as WoD was. 

But I'm a sucker for WoW and stayed the entire time in WoD as I watched my entire guild that started up in WOTLK quit lol. Blizzard would need to make WoW 100% like classic for me to quit.

Its not only that either...

The huge increase toxicity I've seen, the VERY heavy white knighting all over about WoW that has greatly increased...all mostly in response to a very lack of positivity compared to Legion...is all making it look even worse than WoD was or at least the same.

I remember in WoD, the same things were happening before launch.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Sephiroso said:
    Avoided the entire discussion and resorted to using the catchphrase "trolling". Couldn't come up with any other argument for your case to make about making grouping harder and annoying...when every other MMO makes grouping easier and less annoying?
    Does "every" MMO go to this extreme to make finding a group convenient?

EVE certainly doesn't,  just wondering if ESO, BDO or even Bless do anything like this autoaccept tool.

First time I've ever heard of such a thing and makes me wonder why.many clamor for classic WOW which certainly had none of these conveniences.  (Yet somehow,  I recall doing quite a bit of grouping back then)
    Phry

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Does "every" MMO go to this extreme to make finding a group convenient?

EVE certainly doesn't,  just wondering if ESO, BDO or even Bless do anything like this autoaccept tool.

First time I've ever heard of such a thing and makes me wonder why.many clamor for classic WOW which certainly had none of these conveniences.  (Yet somehow,  I recall doing quite a bit of grouping back then)
    Dunno about those MMOs since BDO is more solo game unless you PvP. And I never grouped in ESO. And I never did raid content in GW2 (but GW2 made everyone pretty much in a group out in the world and world vs world pvp)

But as far as the classic WoW example...

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/7860746695?page=2#36

"We don’t want to restrict raiding again to <1% of the player base, and that’s the only way to go back to purple being rare again"

Proving that, while that is about raids (at the time of that post, the other content didn't exist)...making grouping like how it was in classic is again gonna make it about that tiny percent of playerbase that can do actual hard content. If that is blizzard's intent, I don't see it working too well.

Also the other point...

when you take away conveniences, features and mechanics...that people are used to and have been part of something forever...its gonna have severe backlash cause no one wants to lose stuff and get nothing back for it.

its like if suddenly amazon removed free shipping on amazon prime products (for some reason just an example) and forced everyone to pay extra shipping on their products that would otherwise have been (and in this example, used to be) free shipping with prime.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    In case anyone has any doubts, WoW is not a single player game, the idea is that sometimes you have to group. ;)
    pantaro
  • ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    I have to laugh at people complaining the game is getting a little harder. What did you guys expect when gamers have been yelling to bring back the classic version. 

So how many will be switching to classic once it goes live? 
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I always searched manually and joined on WQ groups anyways.  It takes, like, 10 seconds.

edited August 2018
    I always searched manually and joined on WQ groups anyways.  It takes, like, 10 seconds.
    My whole point. Bringing this up is stupid. OP should discuss something that's actually a problem and there are a few that I already see being issues with BFA like the azerite gear issue i mentioned up above.

Seriously people talking about the difference of 10 seconds of work here.
    Kyleran

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Sephiroso said:
    My whole point. Bringing this up is stupid. OP should discuss something that's actually a problem and there are a few that I already see being issues with BFA like the azerite gear issue i mentioned up above.

Seriously people talking about the difference of 10 seconds of work here.
    I honestly never even realized there was an add-on that would do it automatically.

I feel the larger problem of no folks for WQ lately has as much to do with Darkshore WQ offering much better gear for much less work.  Legion content is only good for getting trinkets/rings/necklaces at this point.  Hell, my newbie Warlock had two pieces of Darkshore equipment drops upgraded to 225 and 235 the other day.  There's no point in farming Legion content for armor anymore.