Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"est.rel 2020"

ScoliozScolioz Member UncommonPosts: 110
LoL

I love the smell of Vaporware in the morning.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Seems like the optimistic estimate but maybe they can pull it off.

I'm going with 2021 based on their current progress compared to similar titles. 

MendelMrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    If I can wait for George R.R. Martin to finish the last two books of Game of Thrones, I can wait for this.
    SovrathKyleranDullahanMrMelGibson

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Scolioz said:
    LoL

I love the smell of Vaporware in the morning.
    That may or may not be the case.

If indeed it launches in 2020 then that is only 5 years which is very much in line with mmorpg development so not really anything shocking there.

Also, in the spirit of new threads it would make more sense if you included a link or reference to where you heard that.
    KyleranAmathesvannMrMelGibson
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Kyleran said:
    Seems like the optimistic estimate but maybe they can pull it off.

I'm going with 2021 based on their current progress compared to similar titles. 

If they are confident enough to estimate 2020 as a delivery, I am wondering how big the actual world is going to be.  Will it be similar in size to EQ1, which started with almost 90 zones, or closer to Vanguard with closer to 70 zones?   With a projection of 2020, a smaller initial game world sounds more likely.

Still, I think 2021 is the safer bet, no matter what the size.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    People, please. Stop feeding the troll.

Op just fetched the guessed release date from the game list of mmorpg. This thread is totally void of any content. ;)
    edited July 2018
    It may seem subtle,  but we all understand what the OP tried to do and we've been responding constructively with our opinions to deflect.

Not our first rodeo you know.

;)

Amathegervaise1delete5230MrMelGibsonSovrath

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Fact does remain though, if the testing phases dont hit good milestones, the game will get drowned out by WoW Classic
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Keep in mind things could change, for better or worse of course. If someone comes along and invests more money in this game, it could proceed to release much faster.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

edited July 2018
    Albatroes said:
    Fact does remain though, if the testing phases dont hit good milestones, the game will get drowned out by WoW Classic
    My guess is WOW classic releases well before this one does.

The furor over classic will likely die down within 6 months post release once people realize they didn't really want it as bad as they thought they did.

;)
    MrMelGibson

• TwoTubesTwoTubes Member UncommonPosts: 328
    There was a thread comparing this to wow classic I'm sure you can dig up.  While there will likely be some overlap it is mostly a different demographic.
    Kyleran
    TwoTubes said:
    There was a thread comparing this to wow classic I'm sure you can dig up.  While there will likely be some overlap it is mostly a different demographic.
    Maybe. Seems to me the largest demographic in MMORPG customers is "bored witless and desperate to play prit near anything new."

I mean look how many flock to the latest release like Bless.....clearly the mark of an audience hungry for something new to play.

;)
    bartoni33

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Albatroes said:
    Nah, classic servers never last.  Wow classic will be over and done by then.
    KyleranMrMelGibson
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    This is not a bad thing, 
    But VRealms only built a few playground areas to test characters.  

The game has a long way to go, the fact that they don't say anything about release proves that. 

It's done when its done.
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Well, they should take as much time as they need in order to release something playable and with all the features they had envisioned for launch. That's always the case with indie companies, Darkfall took 10+ years to release but it did release (and despite its many problems, was a breath of fresh air back in the day).
    Galadourn said:
    Well, they should take as much time as they need in order to release something playable and with all the features they had envisioned for launch. That's always the case with indie companies, Darkfall took 10+ years to release but it did release (and despite its many problems, was a breath of fresh air back in the day).
    I would never use Darkfall as an example of how to correctly deliver a game.

Outside of its fans it was generally viewed as a failure,  regardless how "fresh" it was.

[Deleted User]AmathecheyaneMrMelGibsonWellspring

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Pantheon zones are several EQ zones. If they had 20 it would probably be bigger than EQ. Takes time. I've been estimating 2020 for years.

MMOs take a long time to make. They take even longer with a small team. Its part of the price we pay for something different.
    WellspringAmathe

• shassellshassell Member UncommonPosts: 105
    5 years.. 6 years? Ack. EQ1 was a concept by Smedley in 1996. Then designed and programmed by Brad and friends, and then released in 1999.
  • cochscochs Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Kyleran said:
    Galadourn said:
    I would never use Darkfall as an example of how to correctly deliver a game.

Outside of its fans it was generally viewed as a failure,  regardless how "fresh" it was.

Ya I loved that game despite how bad it was in a number of areas.  I have never seen worse lag in any other game in my life. I remember one large battle when the two sides met, the game basically froze for 4-5 minutes and when I was able to move again, most everyone was dead.

It had a mix of mechanics that appealed to a certain group, that you couldn't get anywhere else.  But the game was really poorly designed and implemented.  Like the targeting and aoe mechanics which lead to the stacking/balls of death.   It really was just flat broken in a few areas.