Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultima history?

This game was suggested by several on this board. I had never even heard of this specific game before, and only really heard in passing of the Ultima series. I understand this probably ammounts to heresy in the RPG community, but that's why I'm posting this.

Is there any site which gives the history of the Ultima series? I'm trying to get into the game, but there's alot in the background that I don't understand because I never played the other games. For example, who's this Avatar chap? What's with his strange relationship with this Guardian gent? Who is Lord British anyway?

Anyway, if someone can direct me to some sort of Ultima history lesson, I'd be grateful.

Comments

• Alden120Alden120 Member Posts: 69

Im not sure of a link, but you could try www.google.ca and type in "the story of ultima" or somthing like that to get a site.

As for your questions in your post i believe i can awnser them.

To start off Lord british is the ruler of a land called britannia.

The guardian is an antagonist of ultima. He causes turmoil in the lands of britannia

Avatar is the basically the protagonist, the hero of britannia.

The story goes much deeper than this. The above are just basic awnsers to your questions.

I hope that helps!

----Alden120/Razial20

[email protected]

[email protected]

• ConstantineConstantine Member Posts: 36
    Thanks for helping me out:) The thing I most want to know is, how exactly did the Avatar ascend to his current status, and why is he so closely linked to the Guardian. The things I've read in the game make it sound like they're one person with multiple personalities.

• SkyhookSkyhook Member Posts: 1

If you can get your hands on a copy of any of the ultima series there's a very interesting movie that leads you into the general story of the game.

However, the entire concept of an MMORPG is that the players interactively mold the game and story lines.