Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pearl Abyss Shows Off Remastered Black Desert Online - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imagePearl Abyss Shows Off Remastered Black Desert Online - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

Black Desert Online News - During a live stream even held late yesterday, Pearl Abyss showed off the "remastered" version of Black Desert Online. The video was shown during a special showcase in Korea and is packed with sights and sounds showing off the new look. Viewers will notice a new UI, enhanced graphics, improvements to the story, a new hunting mode, a retooled Marketplace and much more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411
    At least we finally get the male archer. Been waiting for this class for a long time.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Did they fix the worst pop-in in the genre?
    speedylegs8

Joined - July 2004

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    From what I'm reading, its essentially a patch, right? Or a whole new client that you gotta pay for and what not?
  • jimmywolfjimmywolf Member UncommonPosts: 292
    edited August 2018
    never heard a game making a graphic overhaul that you paid for unless it was a remaster 

• tedhalftedhalf Member UncommonPosts: 14
    i really like what i'm seeing in this video. more so for potential other games. these overhauls lately with warcraft, ff14, and now black desert -- it's cheaper to update the engine or rebuild it than make an entirely new game. hopefully we'll see some more overhauls.
    wingoodrandomnabSignexThuplispeedylegs8Thahar
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Really nice looking game. Loved it while playing it.

• KelarleeKelarlee Member UncommonPosts: 25
    edited August 2018
    Same story again. More beautiful effects, more mew mew character outfits for $ and so on. Wheres new content ? Really, last time i played 6 month ago, for what reason i wanted to see what game looks now after my last logon. And you know, no changes at all except new character and new shop items. Same boring grinding game.
    AlomarinfomatzGdemami
  • RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298
    What an awful game lol! The devs have no clue what to do with this title and it shows here clearly!
    If you haven't been playing for the past couple of years, well not much has changed in terms of game systems, added or changed. The game is the same meaningless grind with the same meaningless PK. Fear not, children, now you'll get even more meaningless content!
    randomnabLife2vAlomarpostlarvalkenguru23infomatzchojin2kThaharGdemami5CARLLeTT
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited August 2018
    Now even less people will be able to run the game properly. BDO didn't need a visual remastering, it needed to fix some technical problems and add more PvE.

They seem too confident that new eye candy upgrade that can't run on many computers will keep this game alive. IMO they are shooting themselves in the foot, again.

I love this game but my PC runs it like ass, and i'm not upgrading for 1 mmo.
    Life2vMikeha[Deleted User]Panserbjorne39ThaharMadFrenchieGdemami

• celtwulfceltwulf Member UncommonPosts: 61
    edited August 2018
    Will any of this even matter if they didn't fix the servers? I haven't played BDO in a long time so maybe the work better already, but when I did play the servers were crap 
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    tedhalf said:
    i really like what i'm seeing in this video. more so for potential other games. these overhauls lately with warcraft, ff14, and now black desert -- it's cheaper to update the engine or rebuild it than make an entirely new game. hopefully we'll see some more overhauls.
    none of this is what BDO needed. So the fact that you say you really like what you see makes me wonder if you even play the game. They need to fix their optimization issues, lag related to first issue, and disconnect issues before doing anything like this. Would be nice if they stop trying to add things to the game that it doesn't need. (The UI changes last year, more P2W bs like the 50 dollar tents) They need to be fixing what's demonstrably broken over all this mess.

Something like this is only likely to increase the number of players who have issues playing their game even though their systems are well above the system requirements.
    Gdemami

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Zerat82 said:
    Pay 2 Win Scam, stay away save your money, no end game. Also toxic , just another archage , bless online korean bs , never touch them again. 11 000 fooled ppl playing it, not even close to burning crusade 10 mill or currently 5.
    i agree, BDO is as P2W as you can get but where do you get only 11k people playing? Steam? You do realize BDO has its own launcher and it isn't exclusively available on steam right?
    wingoodaxtrantiGdemami

• vanderghastvanderghast Member UncommonPosts: 309
    terrible awful game devoid of anything resembling fun or actual in depth gameplay.
    postlarvalkenguru23
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543

Kelarlee said:

Same story again. More beautiful effects, more mew mew character outfits for $ and so on. Wheres new content ? Really, last time i played 6 month ago, for what reason i wanted to see what game looks now after my last logon. And you know, no changes at all except new character and new shop items. Same boring grinding game.

New place, revamped quests, new voiceacting for everything, new class.

Where's the new content guys?
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited August 2018
    DMKano said:
    t0nyd said:
    Everytime I see a giant with Cannon fists skiing acrossed the map like it's tribes, I wonder why people play this game.
    Lots of lonely dudes playing wifu dressup.
    Well it's the only Korean game that allows the whole customization aspect without the whole Pay 2 Enjoy thing every other game charges you like $5 per change minimum, even Guild Wars 2 costs real money every time you want to change.

I'm waiting for something better than BDO though, but so far I've yet to see a great game developed in many years only hope is Crow Fall / AOC currently.

Oh and FFXIV has absolutely the worst character re-customization aspect, and cash shop costumes only reason that I really don't play it besides the housing crisis.
    Gdemami
    edited August 2018
    Renoaku said:
    DMKano said:
    t0nyd said:
    Everytime I see a giant with Cannon fists skiing acrossed the map like it's tribes, I wonder why people play this game.
    Well it's the only Korean game that allows the whole customization aspect without the whole Pay 2 Enjoy thing every other game charges you like $5 per change minimum, even Guild Wars 2 costs real money every time you want to change.

I'm waiting for something better than BDO though, but so far I've yet to see a great game developed in many years only hope is Crow Fall / AOC currently.

Oh and FFXIV has absolutely the worst character re-customization aspect, and cash shop costumes only reason that I really don't play it besides the housing crisis.
    You're joking right? You bring up GW2 requiring you to pay money when you want to change(which is a lie but w/e) when it's BDO we're talking about here?

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    It is strange that a MMO like BDO feels the need to improve its graphics, but then that's the whole mentality of the gaming industry summed up right there.
    Gdemami
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    The pop-ins should look incredible now.
    Thupli[Deleted User]MadFrenchie
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Could be great if their gameplay design team was as brilliant as their graphics and animations teams.
    Thuplikenguru23

Thank you for your time!

• BalticthunderBalticthunder Member UncommonPosts: 58

DMKano said:

t0nyd said:

So bloody true!
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited August 2018
    Awesome,

They are adding more sand to the box. :-)
  • RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327
    Curious if the "remastered" will be on the Xbox One X, going into beta soon (so they say). I'll give it a whirl .. again .. from the couch
    Mikeha
  • francis3343francis3343 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Until they removed rng crafting.. I am out..
    Gdemami
  • axtrantiaxtranti Member UncommonPosts: 95

Kelarlee said:

Because korean sandbox games are made for pvp? Welcome to the genre. The content is vast if you don't live under a rock. Same goes with Lineage, Archeage, Dark Age of Camelot, etc. Go do NW T3 and sieges, it is pretty fun.

asdasdasd