Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wolfhunter Official Trailer Paves the Way for August 13th Release - Elder Scrolls Online Game Traile

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageWolfhunter Official Trailer Paves the Way for August 13th Release - Elder Scrolls Online Game Trailer

During today's QuakeCon keynote address, Bethesda announced that The Elder Scrolls Online will be receiving its next DLC, Wolfhunter, on August 13th. To celebrate the announcement, the launch trailer was released.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    edited August 2018
    Who thought releasing on this day was a good idea?
    Post edited by Grakulen on
    IselinForgrimmpantaroGamePlay4UCelciusWraithone
  • ChaserzChaserz Member UncommonPosts: 317

Grakulen said:

Who thought this was a good idea?

I think it is.
    GamePlay4UCelcius
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Grakulen said:

What do you mean? New content for ESO is a bad idea? I think it sounds and looks pretty cool.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Grakulen said:

why isn't it a good idea?

I self identify as a monkey.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Grakulen said:

It's just one of the quarterly DLC and this one is of the mini-DLC type: no new areas or systems, just the 2 dungeons. It's no big deal.

Are you suggesting they should delay or skip a quarter because a WOW expansion happens the following day? Believe it or not, some people don't play WOW you know :)
    pantarorandomnab
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Iselin said:

Grakulen said:

It's just one of the quarterly DLC and this one is of the mini-DLC type: no new areas or systems, just the 2 dungeons. It's no big deal.

Are you suggesting they should delay or skip a quarter because a WOW expansion happens the following day? Believe it or not, some people don't play WOW you know :)
    +1

I wish I played World of Warcraft as it seems its fans have a lot of fun, and that Blizzard Conference seems like a hoot.

But can't get into it, it's too silly.
    pantarorandomnab
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • unkkutunkkut Member UncommonPosts: 36

Grakulen said:

What do you mean? New content for ESO is a bad idea? I think it sounds and looks pretty cool.

Thats not what he said.......
  • unkkutunkkut Member UncommonPosts: 36

mgilbrtsn said:

Grakulen said:

He didnt say it wasnt a good idea.
  • Rivan12Rivan12 Member UncommonPosts: 28
    edited August 2018

Grakulen said:

unkkut said:

mgilbrtsn said:

Grakulen said:

He didnt say it wasnt a good idea.

The OP clearly inferred that it was a bad idea. I mean I could read between his lines... This content isn't necessarily for me but I welcome any new content and will eventually make my way around to doing it. Just dungeons aren't usually on my top list of things to do today in ESO.
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    These guys offered free week of the game yet forgot their client is bloated to 120Gb (Monster Hunter * 7.5 or BDO * 5). A bit too much for a game which was tested and uninstalled after 10 minutes - three times already.
    Cryomatrix

Thank you for your time!

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    Four players sounds rather a small team, but can be useful when you don't have a full team ready to go.
  • GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    edited August 2018

Iselin said:

Grakulen said:

Releasing new content is great. Releasing it on the same day as one of your chief rivals releases a full expansion is bad. You severely limit any purchases you might have got. As it stands you’ll mostly have people that already sub to ESO+ play this. It’s what companies stagger release dates on games, movies, TV shows. It’s not a difficult concept. They’d have been better served backing it up a week or two. Better potential for growth. BFA may have a street date of the 14th but it does live the 13th.
    [Deleted User]GamePlay4UScot
  • AngeLL0AngeLL0 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Yaii new dungeons 4 hours of que yaiii .....
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    new class?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• pratt12200pratt12200 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    This game actually delivers on new content quarterly instead of the watered down crap grind fest that is wow. There are plenty that love wow and i'm glad they do. The bottom line is a lot of people play this game and couldn't care less when or if wow ever has another expac.
    TillerpantaromgilbrtsnIselinrandomnabJeleena
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Well in the west ESO almost certainly has more players (not subscribers) so maybe Blizzard should reschedule .....
    Celcius
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    The WoW expansion launch is going to massively affect sales of this.

Everyone trying to suggest otherwise are kidding themselves or just don't have a clue.
    GamePlay4UCelciusGrakulenScotAngeLL0
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869

gervaise1 said:

Well in the west ESO almost certainly has more players (not subscribers) so maybe Blizzard should reschedule .....

No.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Grakulen said:

Iselin said:

Grakulen said:

Releasing new content is great. Releasing it on the same day as one of your chief rivals releases a full expansion is bad. You severely limit any purchases you might have got. As it stands you’ll mostly have people that already sub to ESO+ play this. It’s what companies stagger release dates on games, movies, TV shows. It’s not a difficult concept. They’d have been better served backing it up a week or two. Better potential for growth. BFA may have a street date of the 14th but it does live the 13th.
    I understand the concept just fine and if we were talking about one of ESO's heavily promoted, complete with Superbowl ads, major Chapter releases like Morrowind was, you'd have a point.

But this is a tiny, quarterly update whose main purpose is just to keep up their rep that they do release updates every quarter - this is not the kind of thing that people line-up to play on day one nor is it something they offer pre-orders for. It's like I said a small, no big deal, update.

Although WOW's xpac release will undoubtedly have an impact on ESO log-ins now and for a few months like all of their xpacs affect ex players who will return to check it out, you have to think that this Wolfhunter DLC is something more than what it is to think timing it to not coincide with WOW's big deal is something important. 

These tiny 2 dungeon DLC releases in ESO are never seen as noteworthy events by ESO players. Occasionally one of those coincides with some other significant incremental general balancing shake-up and we do take notice because of some of the other changes that come along with it. That's not even the case this time.

In ESOland, August the 13th is just Monday patch day.

ESO has major, heavily promoted additions as well as throw in tiny ones. That this is one of the lesser types is also not a difficult concept to grasp.
    perrin82klash2defJeleena
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Mralrivera81Mralrivera81 Member CommonPosts: 3
    Level that bad boy indefinitely with this freaking thing!!
    Level that bad boy indefinitely with this freaking thing!!
    Fuxk you tooo!!! I know your doing it on purpose
  • perrin82perrin82 Member UncommonPosts: 285

Iselin said:

Grakulen said:

Iselin said:

Grakulen said:

I understand the concept just fine and if we were talking about one of ESO's heavily promoted, complete with Superbowl ads, major Chapter releases like Morrowind was, you'd have a point.

But this is a tiny, quarterly update whose main purpose is just to keep up their rep that they do release updates every quarter - this is not the kind of thing that people line-up to play on day one nor is it something they offer pre-orders for. It's like I said a small, no big deal, update.

Although WOW's xpac release will undoubtedly have an impact on ESO log-ins now and for a few months like all of their xpacs affect ex players who will return to check it out, you have to think that this Wolfhunter DLC is something more than what it is to think timing it to not coincide with WOW's big deal is something important. 

These tiny 2 dungeon DLC releases in ESO are never seen as noteworthy events by ESO players. Occasionally one of those coincides with some other significant incremental general balancing shake-up and we do take notice because of some of the other changes that come along with it. That's not even the case this time.

In ESOland, August the 13th is just Monday patch day.

ESO has major, heavily promoted additions as well as throw in tiny ones. That this is one of the lesser types is also not a difficult concept to grasp.

Fully agree with this.
    klash2def
  • SIlverfox74SIlverfox74 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    lol worried about sales? all of us ESO+ members get the wolfhunter free... so yeah even IF blizzard did something for free... I'd pass on it anyway, even free stuff wouldn't be able to get me to log in to Disney cartoon looking game that is wow.
    Tiller
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    The WoW expansion launch is going to massively affect sales of this.

Everyone trying to suggest otherwise are kidding themselves or just don't have a clue.
    People playing ESO don´t care about WoW, in fact only the playerbase who has been playing WoW for the last 15 years care about this new xpac. 
    klash2def