Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looks like 2019 will be a bit of a race

KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
and perhaps even a photo finish.

In recent weeks the Dev leads for Ashes and CU have confirmed they are trying to launch by the end of 2019.  

As CF always seems to be 18-24 months out current backer estimates put it in this same window.

Just for fun, (since betting would be illegal) which title do you think will win the race?

If you like, post in the thread why you think so and / or which one (s) you would play first were they all to launch close (1-2 months) to each other.

I listed them in alphabetical order so there could be no accusations of poll bias. Enjoy.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Which one will launch first?
  1. Place your bets, are you feeling lucky?49 votes
    1. Don't care, busy eating donuts atm.
      32.65%
    2. Ashes of Creation (too good to be true)
        6.12%
    3. Camelot Unchained (the obvious choice)
      14.29%
    4. Chronicles of Elyria (not a chance)
        0.00%
    5. Crowfall (lulz)
        8.16%
    6. Star Citizen (I suffer from delusions)
        8.16%
    7. WOW Classic (a strong contender for early 2019)
      20.41%
    8. Something else (I know a secret)
      10.20%
ConstantineMerusScotJamesGoblinAsheramanemoOctagon7711

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Star Citizen is releasing both titles Q1 2019.  You can bet the farm on it! ;)
    JamesGoblinCryomatrixAlBQuirkyKyleranOctagon7711Truvidien88

• CRAZYCAN00KCRAZYCAN00K Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Where is Pantheon?
    WellspringAmatheLackingMMOOctagon7711

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Lol I am eating a donut!!! :) 

I voted for Ashes. And if it wins the race the drinks are on me. 
    Kyleran
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    something else

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,818
    Knowing our luck all of the above will launch in the same quarter. :)
    Kyleran[Deleted User]YashaX
  • RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445
    I backed CU and Crowfall.  I actually think CF will softlaunch first.
    JamesGoblin
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    The thing you don't realize is that you don't want to be first, as the first of those games to launch is going to be terrible.
    Kyleran[Deleted User][Deleted User]ScotOctagon7711
    DMKano said:
    Never been much on waiting for launches - too many games already that I dont have time for.

I will give them all a shot - if they are good - I will play them, if they suck, I won't. I backed some but am not invested in their success.

I always set my expectations really low - and maybe I get pleasantly surprised. 

I don't see any other way but this. When did digital entertainment become Soccer teams and a large group of gamers turned into hooligans? I read these forums and many a time the discussions seem more like a heated debated between Atheists and Religious thinkers. Are people confused about why we do this and have forgotten this was always about just having fun?
    Scot

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Someone should make a game called Kingdom of the Watched Pot.
    AlBQuirky

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Madh0use said:
    Where is Pantheon?
    2020 ish?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Sovrath said:
    Madh0use said:
    Where is Pantheon?
    2020 ish?
    Yes but there were other games listed with notations that their release in 2019 was unlikely.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:
    Sovrath said:
    Madh0use said:
    Where is Pantheon?
    2020 ish?
    Yes but there were other games listed with notations that their release in 2019 was unlikely.
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think these games have claimed to be released in 2019 but Pantheon hasn't. 

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

The devs who "race" will end up with a shitty final product.  Hopefully none of them do.

ConstantineMerus
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    I'm not following either of those titles, but I think City of Titans is hoping to be in beta form in 2019, though I could be wrong there. I don't think this is a secret, either :)
    Kyleran

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Amathe said:
    Sovrath said:
    Madh0use said:
    Where is Pantheon?
    2020 ish?
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think these games have claimed to be released in 2019 but Pantheon hasn't. 
    Truth is I originally intended to list 3, Ashes, CF, and CU as serious contenders for a 2019 year end launch.

I threw in the others in keeping with my tongue in cheek "unbiased" poll options.

Guess I couldn't think up anything clever to say about Pantheon,  it just keeps chugging along. 
    ConstantineMerusJamesGoblin

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Putting Vanilla WoW in there is kind of unfair.   Thats going to win.
    My guess for the Crowdfunding guys is Crowfall first. 
    KyleranJamesGoblin

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    It'll be a race alright... a race to see who announces their launch-delay first.
    meddyck
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    ScotAlBQuirky[Deleted User]
    In fact, I just had a donut right now.

ConstantineMerus

• IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    The only one we can pretty much bet on is WoW, everything else has been delayed, postponed, cashshop whored and back rewarded to death.

MurderHerd

Kyleran said:

OK you are freaking me out now. I am again having a donut while reading this. And I only had just these 2 donuts in more than a year. 

We are officially donut brothers now. 
    [Deleted User]

Kyleran said:

OK you are freaking me out now. I am again having a donut while reading this. And I only had just these 2 donuts in more than a year. 

All over the world gamers were inexplicably eating donuts at higher than normal rates.

In related news Dunkin Donuts stock soared defying analysts predictions.

;)
    ConstantineMerusAlBQuirky[Deleted User]

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

All over the world gamers were inexplicably eating donuts at higher than normal rates.

;)
    I personally prefer Krispy Kreme!  But Dunkin Donuts will do on a pinch. ;)
    KyleranSovrath

Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

;)
    I personally prefer Krispy Kreme!  But Dunkin Donuts will do on a pinch. ;)
    Chocolate covered glazed donuts are my favorite at Krispy Kreme....but I didn't think its name would be as familar.

MadFrenchieJamesGoblin

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Donuts are far more interesting than all of the games in the poll.

However, I'd place my "fun bet" on CU.

Kyleran said:

I listed them in alphabetical order so there could be no accusations of poll bias.
    Your parenthetical remarks tell a different story.  ;)
    AlBQuirky