Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Road to Early Access Begins with Stress Tests, Events & a Period of Darkness - Legends of Aria -

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Road to Early Access Begins with Stress Tests, Events & a Period of Darkness - Legends of Aria - MMORPG.com

Legends of Aria News - The Legends of Aria site has been updated with a new developer diary that lays out the road ahead as the game prepares to move to Steam Early Access sometime in October. In order to ensure that LoA is in ship-shape for Early Access, at least one stress test and a "Permadeath Mod Event" are planned for August. Then in September, the plan is to bring the servers down to address community feedback with regard to loot, memory leaks, client stability and to complete vital systems.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I'm glad they included UI in critical items to fix. I just couldn't get comfortable at all with what they have now.
  • GustachGustach Member CommonPosts: 1
    For me early access in October is an error. It is too soon.
    Scorchien
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Gustach said:

Agreed , and at this point , just play UO folks its a better MMORPG in every way , not even in the same discussion ..Right now LoA is bare Bones UO ........
    ManWithNoTan
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Scorchien said:

Gustach said:

Agreed , and at this point , just play UO folks its a better MMORPG in every way , not even in the same discussion ..Right now LoA is bare Bones UO ........
    Agree, LoA is making a huge mistake, it isn't ready, by a long shot... 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Scorchien
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• HexipoxHexipox Member UncommonPosts: 241
    It depends on how you regards early access - it seems CS regards it as a game in development and yet far from finish, while alot players regards it as "game is finished" - if it's the last that counts, then i agree its too soon - but if its the first then im fine, as it really has alot to offer already and it plays well for PVP and basic PVE... but it needs more which im sure will come.

I believe in this team tbh - but hope it will grow :)