Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes News - Alpha 1 Date Announcement

jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
Got some interesting news from Intrepid Yesterday, including their testing phases breakdown.

Plus, for anyone who is thinking the date will slip past "before 2020" 

Octagon7711

Comments

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    jahlon said:
    Got some interesting news from Intrepid Yesterday, including their testing phases breakdown.

When is the embargo lifted?  All I've seen so far are tech demos and I'd like to see how "dynamic" it really is (GW2 made similar promises)
    JamesGoblin[Deleted User]
  • killimandroskillimandros Member UncommonPosts: 64
    im just really really puzzled they manage to keep their dates. Am I missing some dates? If they can do it within the dates promised, Im gonna be the first one to congratulate them on that. Their timeline seems solid enough, and it does seem like AoC is gonna actually launch BEFORE any of the other hyped mmos in process...even though they started way after. Im feeling slightly hyped...
    Kyleran
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    When is the embargo lifted?  All I've seen so far are tech demos and I'd like to see how "dynamic" it really is (GW2 made similar promises)
    The media embargo (NDA) is lifted on the first day of Alpha 1.

im just really really puzzled they manage to keep their dates. Am I missing some dates? If they can do it within the dates promised, Im gonna be the first one to congratulate them on that. Their timeline seems solid enough, and it does seem like AoC is gonna actually launch BEFORE any of the other hyped mmos in process...even though they started way after. Im feeling slightly hyped...

They aren't only meeting their dates, they are beating their dates.  Alpha 1 Phase 1 was supposed to be Quarter 4 of this year.  Now, is moving it into September a big deal?  Well if it was supposed to come out in October, not a HUGE deal, but remember that was Q4, they could have come out any time between October and December.  That's a pretty solid move.

Plus, with the confirmation they are still on pace for "before 2020"  I'm very hyped.   

chocolate42069Octagon7711
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    edited August 2018
    jahlon said:

They aren't only meeting their dates, they are beating their dates.  Alpha 1 Phase 1 was supposed to be Quarter 4 of this year.  Now, is moving it into September a big deal?  Well if it was supposed to come out in October, not a HUGE deal, but remember that was Q4, they could have come out any time between October and December.  That's a pretty solid move.

Plus, with the confirmation they are still on pace for "before 2020"  I'm very hyped.   

Its actually a very big deal that they are ahead of schedule, can't think of any MMORPGs that have ever managed to do so.

Somethings wrong....

;)

You weren't first btw, but the confirmation of 2019 was new.

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/475395/phase-one-of-alpha-one-will-start-in-september-ashes-of-creation-mmorpg-com#latest
    ConstantineMeruschocolate42069Octagon7711

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Its actually a very big deal that they are ahead of schedule, can't think of any MMORPGs that have ever managed to do so.

Somethings wrong....

;)

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/475395/phase-one-of-alpha-one-will-start-in-september-ashes-of-creation-mmorpg-com#latest

Hmmm check them times  :smile:
    jahlon said:
    Kyleran said:

Somethings wrong....

;)

Hmmm check them times  :smile:
    Ahh, you just quickly got pushed to the bottom then.  

Unfortunately the android phone client doesn't display post times

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

We actually needed this thread when we already had an official thread from SBFord stating the exact same thing?
    See above.

I posted my thread an hour before SBFord

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    Kyleran said:
    jahlon said:

Somethings wrong....

;)

What is their current published timeline for Alphas, Betas and release?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    jahlon said:

Well, GW2 are more dynamic than any MMO out there so yeah Anet held their word, so what are you talking about?

Octagon7711

They don't have a full roadmap.

We know

Alpha 1 Phase 1 is September 2018
    Alpha 1 Phase 2 is Q2 2019

And then launch is "before 2020"

Although, I imagine the Q2 2019 is a placeholder date for Phase 2.  Depending on how much combat tweaking they have to do based on feedback will determine if they can slide Phase 2 to the left and how far.

Kyleran
    jahlon said:

We know

Although, I imagine the Q2 2019 is a placeholder date for Phase 2.  Depending on how much combat tweaking they have to do based on feedback will determine if they can slide Phase 2 to the left and how far.

So then the only way we can measure their progress vs schedule is if they start the Alpha this year (as promised) and launch next year.  

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Kyleran said:
    jahlon said:

<snip> 

Somethings wrong....
    They barely started, just give them some time ;)

An MMORPG in so early phase planning to launch next year, sounds almost...Elyrian?
     W...aaagh?
    Torval said:
    jahlon said:

We know

So then the only way we can measure their progress vs schedule is if they start the Alpha this year (as promised) and launch next year.  
    In the email I got it said Alpha phase 2 will begin early 2Q 2019. It didn't mention any other dates in that email. Phase 1 is supposed to start next month.

Their timeline doesn't trouble me. We'll see how UE4 works out as an engine. Thankfully they didn't choose Unity. Those have been a disaster for MMOs. I'd hate to try and rewrite my way out of all those speedbumps and issues.
    Currently, I don't have an opinion or not on their timeline... I'm just trying to see what it is.  I would say that I'd raise my eyebrows at the idea of doing a true Alpha in Q2 2019 but a full launch before the end of the year.  

I'm giving them some space though because they at least "seem" to be producing tangible progress exponentially faster than their Crowdfunding peers.   And they really aren't promising the world in regards to revolutionary technology etc...

Wellspring

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    What embargo?
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Don't worry! The Devs must be young, and haven't learned to be jaded toward players, and haven't figured out the best practices for borking us yet. There's still time!

Gut Out!
    Kyleran

What, me worry?

If they manage to release Alpha 1 Phase 1 in September, that's one measure.

if they bring out Alpha 1 Phase 2 with all the described features between 1 April and 30 June 2019 that's a second measure (although late June would be an eyebrow rasier)

If they launch "before 2020" that would be a 3rd measure.  On this one, even they go live on 29 December for headstart and 31 Dec for Launch I'd still give them a high five given what speed that would have been.

For Alpha 1 Phase 2 they intend on testing these features:
    • Progression to Level 20
    • 4 Playable races
    • Character Customization Suite
    • 8 base archetypes
    • Portions of our housing systems
    • Portions of our crafting/Artisan systems
    • Node Progression to Stage 4
    • 120sqkm of world map
    • Questing and Society/Guild Systems
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited August 2018
    Haha media nda lift,we all know how media interacts with developers,they are all in it together to make money,they don't care about the gamer's,only themselves.
    The whole NDA garbage is nothing but smoking mirrors by ALL developers,anyone doing it is just hiding the truths,they only want media partners saying nice rosy pleasant things.

"deadlines"what is a deadline,what do i care if a developer meets some date,i am looking for AAA games not dates in a calendar.

"node progression"..sigh,i hear that term it reminds me of the crap BDO was panning off,idea was ok but implemented like super cheap and lazy.This again is going to be some unknown parameters running the world,instead of just letting the players determine the world and economy.

The way it SHOULD be done is if involving NPC's,they should react to how popular their services are and on an individual basis and not some global effect.Super simple example,npc A sells fish,if his fish keep selling out fast,the price goes up,if nobody buying the price slowly goes down.
    If tons of people fishing in same spot,the fish totals are depleted and vice versa,nobody fishing the area has an abundance of fish.This again is all determined by individual areas and npc's and NOT by large zonemap NODES.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Node Progression, that's what I'm interested in seeing....

• AngreeegamerAngreeegamer Member UncommonPosts: 59
    We have this old outline that's been available since it was announced during PAX west 2017:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/257283936756039680/354413943730601984/AOCinfo.png

A0 they nailed the date on, and A1 they're ahead of schedule on. 
    Kyleran
    Wizardry said:
    Haha media nda lift,we all know how media interacts with developers,they are all in it together to make money,they don't care about the gamer's,only themselves.
    The whole NDA garbage is nothing but smoking mirrors by ALL developers,anyone doing it is just hiding the truths,they only want media partners saying nice rosy pleasant things.

"deadlines"what is a deadline,what do i care if a developer meets some date,i am looking for AAA games not dates in a calendar.

"node progression"..sigh,i hear that term it reminds me of the crap BDO was panning off,idea was ok but implemented like super cheap and lazy.This again is going to be some unknown parameters running the world,instead of just letting the players determine the world and economy.

The way it SHOULD be done is if involving NPC's,they should react to how popular their services are and on an individual basis and not some global effect.Super simple example,npc A sells fish,if his fish keep selling out fast,the price goes up,if nobody buying the price slowly goes down.
    If tons of people fishing in same spot,the fish totals are depleted and vice versa,nobody fishing the area has an abundance of fish.This again is all determined by individual areas and npc's and NOT by large zonemap NODES.

From your post, I'm going to go with you have no idea what the Node System in Ashes is.   Everything you've described is the BDO node system which is not the Ashes system, not even close.