Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Not So MMO: Red Dead Redemption 2: Official Gameplay Video

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Not So MMO: Red Dead Redemption 2: Official Gameplay Video

MMORPG.com is the leading destination for MMORPG games, news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

MadFrenchie

Comments

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Does Xbox One means it will be available for the PC?
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Xasapis said:
    I don't think so. I'm 99% sure it's console-exclusive. PR materials made no mention of "Windows 10" or "PC". :confounded:
    ArskaaainfomatzMrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    My Gawd! I never played the first but I might have to pre order this for my X1X!
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

SBFord said:

Xasapis said:

I don't think so. I'm 99% sure it's console-exclusive. PR materials made no mention of "Windows 10" or "PC". :confounded:

Bah!
    Samhaelmazut
    --------------------------------------------
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    This looked soooo god!
    With that one, they got me now.
    JeffSpicoli
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Almost makes me want to go out and buy a console... almost.
    JeffSpicoliSamhaelrodingomazut

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AlexandrionAlexandrion Member UncommonPosts: 6

Almost makes me want to go out and buy a console... almost.

Don't Do that!Don't encourage Rockstar's crappy way to release games!The hunger for money will make them to release for pc some time after console release...GTA 5 style.MONEY MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND!
    Alverantjpedrote52mazut
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    pity its only for consoles. not gonna buy console just for 1 game.
    Alverant[Deleted User]Samhael
  • ScarranScarran Member UncommonPosts: 102
    I must admit I was probably going to pass on this one, but after seeing this its back on my radar. Graphically it looks really nice and some of the scenery in the video looked stunning. The gameplay looks to be really good but I dislike the options being on the bottom right, taking your eyes off the action.

I will wait and see what the reviews say though before fully committing. As im not fully convinced their won't be some money grabbing tactic involved like they have done in GTA Online. Which for me is a mess at this moment in time, with exploits and money grabbing shark cards.
    Sabrac
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

SBFord said:

Xasapis said:

Bah!

There's a lot of hints and even 'mistakes' made by devs that suggest they are developing a PC version. Just Google Red Dead 2 PC and you'll see it all.
    WellspringSabracSaltyDog79
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Arskaaa said:

pity its only for consoles. not gonna buy console just for 1 game.

When Final Fantasy 7 released, I bought a PSX just to play it. Some games are worth it. Of course, I eventually bought dozens of games for it, but I bought it for one.
    [Deleted User]

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I keep watching the video believing there must be an elf or a space zombie in there somewhere.
    AsheramSabracinfomatz

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Ronald88Ronald88 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    edited August 2018
    Im sure that RDR 2 will come to PC at some date. They have made way to much money with GTA Online on PC to miss that.
    [Deleted User]Sabracmetareal
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    The only reason iv had a console for the past 5 or so years has been Madden football, With the launch of Madden on PC this year i thought i was finally going to say goodbye to console's..... smh
    Wellspring
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    My Xbox One X is ready :-)
    VoidfarerMoxom914
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

SBFord said:

Xasapis said:

Bah!

There's a lot of hints and even 'mistakes' made by devs that suggest they are developing a PC version. Just Google Red Dead 2 PC and you'll see it all.

I guess that make sense... If it is being developed for PC with a later launch date, then keeping it a secret for now will help to sell more PS4 and XBOX copies initially (since people, who would normally prefer to buy it on PC, will buy it on the console if that's perceived as the only option).

Thanks @TheDarkrayne for keeping hope alive!
    --------------------------------------------
  • X-ranfeX-ranfe Member UncommonPosts: 77
    It's amazing how the world is detailed.
    [Deleted User]metareal
  • NoradXIIXNoradXIIX Member UncommonPosts: 174
    There was another game similar to this, cant remember. the name. what. was it... Wild wild, wild wess... nahhhh, NVM this is the SHI`** Im waiting for!
    The online part is suppose to be wicked!
    PC version will come, but probably next year or so..

MMO-Hunter/Spethz
    [email protected]

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited August 2018
    So is LA Noir the only Rockstar game that you are not forced to play as a criminal in? Its a shame that they bottleneck such a large "open world"  to play in by forcing you to play a set protagonist rather than having a character creation tool and a choice to play as a non criminal. Sure you can decide how "honorable" a criminal the main character is, but even if you dont make him a psychopath the bottom line is that he is still a criminal.

I enjoyed the first one because you wasn't really running around being a criminal robbing banks and stuff, you was being forced to hunt down the other criminals that were in your old gang. I dont really see the motivation with this one though, its almost like its morphing into GTA.
    [Deleted User]NyteWytchSabracinfomatzmetareal
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Torval said:
    Well, I thought I saw a flash of a gator.
    Not a gator. Space zombie larva. 
    [Deleted User]

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:
    Torval said:
    Well, I thought I saw a flash of a gator.
    Not a gator. Space zombie larva. 
    It was a space zombie gator.
    Amathe[Deleted User]infomatz
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    SBFord said:
    Xasapis said:

[Deleted User]Asheraminfomatz
    Torval said:
    Asheram said:
    So is LA Noir the only Rockstar game that you are not forced to play as a criminal in? Its a shame that they bottleneck such a large "open world"  to play in by forcing you to play a set protagonist rather than having a character creation tool and a choice to play as a non criminal. Sure you can decide how "honorable" a criminal the main character is, but even if you dont make him a psychopath the bottom line is that he is still a criminal.

I enjoyed the first one because you wasn't really running around being a criminal robbing banks and stuff, you was being forced to hunt down the other criminals that were in your old gang. I dont really see the motivation with this one though, its almost like its morphing into GTA.
    Yep, not really my kind of game. GTA is interesting to me, but I haven't played it for the same reason. I don't want to poo on the parade because the game looks like it's amazing, but I do think it's following a formula to a greater extent. It's following a very successful formula that works for them. It's just not for me both in style and the GaaS.
    Hopefully the online mp part will have the option to play as lawmen or bounty hunters etc.
    [Deleted User]
  • NyteWytchNyteWytch Member UncommonPosts: 53
    RDR was one of my top 3 alltime fav games.  I will be preordering this as I can't help myself. :P But I would really, really rather not be forced into being a criminal. It does seem rather ridiculous to be an honorable outlaw. Yet I usually can't play as a full out black hat, even virtually. This is probably why I have never even finished GTA5.

RDR at least had an interesting tweak that you were trying to be a reformed outlaw who wanted to just be normal and live your little farmer life except for those pesky FBI jerks...zoinks! :P
    [Deleted User]Asherammetareal
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It looks like it might be pretty good.
    It is of course being made by a large business with a lot of money,so yeah i would expect it to be good.
    The only negative i can see is that your character should be free to do as he feels and not part of some prescribed scripts within a gang.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.